If you're seeing this message you're either a new member or a returning one - so either way, welcome! To see majority of the Forum you need to sign in which you can do through Steam, fully secure. 

If you have any questions or concerns add me on Steam! https://steamcommunity.com/id/Jouaram/

- Jouaram

Jouaram

RTD, Too Much RNG? [SERIOUS]

I've been thinking on RTD and how it's entirely up to RNG whether or not you get a new weapon or any permanent weapon that has value and was wondering; would you guys rather have the RTD weapons ALSO available at a vendor for a overpay? So this way if you're grinding money you will DEFINITELY get the weapon you want if you earn enough money. I would be talking a large % overpay for the certainty for receiving it, for example a Grapple Hook would be in the 400-500mil range. 

I feel like adding this vendor would give money a lot more value, as right now money in the server isn't going anywhere as 90% of purchasing items/trading is player > player instead of player > NPC (which essentially is a sinkhole for $$).

This is completely open for discussion and not a sure thing yet, but I would like to hear some downsides of it if you've got any. Thanks. 

Any memes/shitposts will be hidden/deleted. 

• Like 3

I think it's a bad idea given the huge ranges of balances that players have. There would be people that have the opportunity to buy it all, and others who are daunted by the prices.

• Like 3

I personally would disagree with adding RTD things to a vendor. Here are the reasons:

1. It is so much more satisfying when you land on a high priced item versus just going and buying it
  2. If you did add a vendor then the market would eventually influx, ultimately there would be almost no point of rtd other then getting stuff like Stimpacks. Yes you may overpriced them but in the long run if most of the people have a grapple hook for example, it'll decrease it's value exponentially and in the long run when people start selling those things on tradeco then the price overall of them will be lower because they are common items.
  3. If you think the RNG isn't right, then change the percentages of gaining something rather then just buying it, it's a lot more fun getting it off chance rather then grinding for it and would develop competition within the community. I personally have gotten an RU-556 off RTD and it was EXTREMELY satisfying.
  4. Last thing i'll say is if you do anything, add new weapons that are vendor specific and unique. If your going to overprice something, make it so the items you incorperate are the only thing you can get from that vendor, yes there are some vendors like that but to tell the truth. I don't see and vendors that sell amazing or just great guns that are unique to that vendor. Only one I know about is the basic guns that you can buy for low price and even then people can buy and ocelot shotgun for 10 mill on tradeco vs a rustic for 15 mill at the vendor.

Ultimately, I'd ask you add variety but don't allow people to just buy things that are specific to RNG, those are the things that make it worthwhile when you win them in RTD. I will say though that the RNG is a bit unbalanced. It's extremely hard to get a rare or even a super rare. Even getting something such as an ocelot is not a common occurrence. 

• Like 10

I agree that RTD has too much RNG, but isn’t that the point of RTD, or anything similar in any game? I’d just like the refresh time to go down to 3 or 4, instead of 5 hours.

Just now, shalom said:

I agree that RTD has too much RNG, but isn’t that the point of RTD, or anything similar in any game? I’d just like the refresh time to go down to 3 or 4, instead of 5 hours.

I will say something I do disagree with is how the time resets every time you open an RTD token. Even if we kept it at 5 hours, i'd prefer to have the ones you pick up and the hourly one different. It is just frustrating sometimes to see I have 2 hours left on my cool down and then it resets due to tokens I've opened from an RTD event. 

• Like 1

I would say making some alternative for RTD would be a good idea but adding all the RTD items to vendor would just be a bad idea.

By adding the vendor you’re just going to be making the rich players get more overpowered guns and making them more hard to kill.

RTD weapons are already getting sold pretty cheap and if you were to add that, the prices WILL go up forcing new players to spend more money.

• Like 1

RTD is a unique idea (well, not the generalization of it, but relative to everything else ON Ret, it's unique). I think it should stay that way. It'd be nice for people to be able to buy those weapons, but people with millions would be able to sell anything they get from RTD for even more money. Putting the weapons on a vendor would be a quick money sink that would become less effective over time as the prices of perm weapons rise even more. I don't think adding them as a vendor item will really benefit anyone but the people who want all the perm items.

Like I said in the last post, I really think that the higher we try to sell these items normally, the higher the prices will get. New players hardly have a chance economically against veterans, understandably, but the more we widen this gap, the more players we're gonna turn off.

• Like 4

I don’t know, the current system of how people acquire the extra RnG tokens during the drops isn’t bad. But I feel adding a system where people are able to buy RnG tokens sets a gap even further between those with and without power. The only suggestion I have is take stim packs out of the drop tables and force people to buy them.(considering how often they are used)

• Like 1

Just now, The said:

The only suggestion I have is take stim packs out of the drop tables and force people to buy them.(considering how often they are used)

I think it would be better if RTD didn't give you five stim packs every time you rolled them.

• Like 1

Find a way for new players to easily obtain at least one RTD token each time they spawn, as it’s basically impossible for new players to get RTD tokens, and increase the chances of getting a perm

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kodey 🐣 said:

increase the chances of getting a perm

please!! maybe ill actually roll grapples when it shows up instead of 15k :(

• Like 1

The RTD is a set up. Literally I know people that get like 5 perms weapons/items per day and I know people that got nothing since it came out. Honestly just make the vendor :/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yelsew352 said:

I think it would be better if RTD didn't give you five stim packs every time you rolled them.

If rtd gave no stim packs, that would force us to purchase them. Stim packs are a huge necessity when raiding or defending a base. Lowering the amount isn’t a bad idea, I just feel removing them as a whole helps band aid the issue of people having too much money.

53 minutes ago, Kodey 🐣 said:

Find a way for new players to easily obtain at least one RTD token each time they spawn, as it’s basically impossible for new players to get RTD tokens, and increase the chances of getting a perm

What if it’s their first time joining they get a “x” amount of tokens when they join? (If they have a different or increase loot tables is up to the person who makes it)

+1 

Feel like it would help balance the market, instead of something dropping from 200 mill down to 50 mill over night. 

(No color, on mobile)

• Like 1

After re-thinking it, I believe we should have a vendor for the RTD items, but you will need two things to buy RTD perms

1) you would need a certain amount of RTD tokens

2) you will also need a certain amount of money

Example

Icuras Shotgun: X tokens + M amount of money

but, we will still be able to use RTD spins to try our luck

NOTE: Carepackage RTD tokens also shouldn’t count towards the amount needed to buy X gun

Edited by Kodey 🐣

13 minutes ago, Kodey 🐣 said:

After re-thinking it, I believe we should have a vendor for the RTD items, but you will need two things to buy RTD perms

1) you would need a certain amount of RTD tokens

2) you will also need a certain amount of money

Example

Icuras Shotgun: X tokens + M amount of money

but, we will still be able to use RTD spins to try our luck

NOTE: Carepackage RTD tokens also shouldn’t count towards the amount needed to buy X gun

I’m not totally against this. But I think if this is true then we shouldn’t be able to buy rtd tokens and instead every 24 hours get 1 token.  

• Like 1

Just now, The said:

I’m not totally against this. But I think if this is true then we shouldn’t be able to buy rtd tokens and instead every 24 hours get 1 token.  

It used to be 24 hours but changed for some reason, the RTD token drops aren’t helping because most are only obtainable by using a grapple.

2 minutes ago, The said:

Do you mean change the RTD wait timer or get a token (like the tokens from rtd capsules) that we can redeem or use for buying perms?

how about we remove the roll and add challenges to obtain these weapons obviously varying in rarity.

• Like 3

Just now, Long Haired Stranger said:

It used to be 24 hours but changed for some reason, the RTD token drops aren’t helping because most are only obtainable by using a grapple.

We are able to rtd every 24 hours. We are NOT given a token every 24 hours. My point with kodeys system is that we are given a token every 24 hours, that way new players can still get tokens. ( even if it’s at a slower rate)

No, just make it where u spend more coins in 1 turn it increases the chances of getting a rare item or whatever

Just now, Cosmo said:

No, just make it where u spend more coins in 1 turn it increases the chances of getting a rare item or whatever

This wouldnt help new players in anyway, veterans or anyone with a grappling hook could just hoard rtd tokens and spend them all just to have all the weapons. While making it EVEN harder harder for new players to do anything.

Edited by The

4 hours ago, yelsew352 said:

Putting the weapons on a vendor would be a quick money sink that would become less effective over time as the prices of perm weapons rise even more. I don't think adding them as a vendor item will really benefit anyone but the people who want all the perm items.

How would the prices rise if the vendor caps the price at say 500 mill? Then anyone trying to sell it at 500 or above is screwed. 

I think it is a great idea to add them to a vendor, it moves the server towards play to win rather than pay to win.