If you're seeing this message you're either a new member or a returning one - so either way, welcome! To see majority of the Forum you need to sign in which you can do through Steam, fully secure. 

If you have any questions or concerns add me on Steam! https://steamcommunity.com/id/Jouaram/

- Jouaram

Jouaram

RTD, Too Much RNG? [SERIOUS]

8 hours ago, DaveThe2nd said:

The issue with this is 80 percent of the tokens are only obtainable with grapple hook or climb swep plus supporters get double tokens

8 hours ago, Not ST john said:

How about all things that have to do with movement ; example cocaine, speed drugs, grapples are disabled until all rtd tokens are found

7 hours ago, DaveThe2nd said:

Not neccesarily a bad idea, but I can see that affecting people that are possibly raiding/defending

The only people who receive tokens are 99% of the time people with grapples and/or climb sweps.

I wanted to possibly add on to this by suggesting making different ways to receive RTD tokens, like MAYBE daily events that happen automatically.

The events could be something like a Free for All match where people fight to the death with crowbars but there are MANY different events that could happen, not just the same ones that happen repeatedly.

I would enjoy a plug-in like that so it would be fair making both the new players and common players on the server at the same level.

(If Jouaram really wants benefits for the supporters getting RTD tokens, then he can make it so if the winner is supporter, they win 2X the amount).

Edited by Long Haired Stranger
Spelling
  • Like 1

I find that the RNG of it is too small but the RTD weapons need to be special in them selfs i like the idea of the weapons being in a shop a lot at a higher markup because not a lot of people want to wait for tokens to spawn and don't like the 1 time a day because after a while of not getting it you could get frustrated as a newer player as an older player you may not care so much i would personally like to see them in a store with at least a 30-50% up-mark of there price value i'm sure that there are other players who would like to do so 

On 5/5/2018 at 1:33 AM, Long Haired Stranger said:

I wanted to possibly add on to this by suggesting making different ways to receive RTD tokens, like MAYBE daily events that happen automatically.

The events could be something like a Free for All match where people fight to the death with crowbars but there are MANY different events that could happen, not just the same ones that happen repeatedly.

I would enjoy a plug-in like that so it would be fair making both the new players and common players on the server at the same level.

I've been working on an event system for the past few weeks but had to pause it temporarily because we started work on a non intrusive report system.

I have to get back to it sometime, but we're working on multiple things for the server atm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, {OPS} MagicMan said:

i would personally like to see them in a store with at least a 30-50% up-mark of there price value i'm sure that there are other players who would like to do so 

This is basically just helping the wealthy players even more by providing them an easier way to purchase them.

Aren't we trying to even the playing field as best we can?

• Like 2

I won't be happy at all if RTD tokens are thrown onto the store. They're too common to be put there.

They should remain as random as possible (and we need to fix the bug with duplicates in the same place), and should be in places that are typically available to all players. I think it'd be a good idea to scratch out a few spawns we have now, and add some new spawns in other places, that are more accessible. I also think the amount dropped should be changed to a lower number. RTD tokens need to be rare if we don't want to keep bloating the economy with permanent weapons. I hear of the same people unlocking like 70 at a time every few days, so something needs to be changed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yelsew352 said:

I won't be happy at all if RTD tokens are thrown onto the store. They're too common to be put there.

They should remain as random as possible (and we need to fix the bug with duplicates in the same place), and should be in places that are typically available to all players. I think it'd be a good idea to scratch out a few spawns we have now, and add some new spawns in other places, that are more accessible. I also think the amount dropped should be changed to a lower number. RTD tokens need to be rare if we don't want to keep bloating the economy with permanent weapons. I hear of the same people unlocking like 70 at a time every few days, so something needs to be changed.

but i like running into 1 and getting 3 instead : (

1 hour ago, yelsew352 said:

I also agree with this, but there’s something I’d also like to point out that you probably weren’t thinking about.

Even if we change the spawns it’s not gonna help because people can just use the grappling hook and/or speed drugs to get to the positions faster.

This was also another reason why I suggested for RTD tokens to be available for events only so EVERYONE has a fair chance and nobody has an advantage over another person.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Long Haired Stranger said:

I also agree with this, but there’s something I’d also like to point out that you probably weren’t thinking about.

Even if we change the spawns it’s not gonna help because people can just use the grappling hook and/or speed drugs to get to the positions faster.

This was also another reason why I suggested for RTD tokens to be available for events only so EVERYONE has a fair chance and nobody has an advantage over another person.

I definitely want to create a way that 100% cannot be affected by external (paid) variables.

Eventually once I finalize some things I'd love to use the event system to host automated events that give out tokens, which can not be externally influenced by any perks/effects/donations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGeekabit said:

I definitely want to create a way that 100% cannot be affected by external (paid) variables.

Eventually once I finalize some things I'd love to use the event system to host automated events that give out tokens, which can not be externally influenced by any perks/effects/donations.

Will there be any rewards other than RTD tokens or only that?

4 hours ago, Long Haired Stranger said:

Will there be any rewards other than RTD tokens or only that?

I'm not even close to completing the "event" system that I currently have not named.

Currently I have somewhat limited time, but I plan on making that one of my primary projects as I'm sure many are interested.

I have no idea about the rewards yet, I'd eventually like to make it so players can host their own events and offer up prizes of their own.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Emily said:

#fuckoffthot

#fuckyoudyke

Just now, Jegg said:

#fuckyoudyke

Thanks for helping with those 5 rdm's earlier. I asked about 6 times in admin chat, separately in case you were doin' something, but even when you were standing still for a while, I guess you were still busy.

Edited by Bo Jittins

i love it when people throw shade at staff members in completely unrelated topics when something doesn’t go their way. @Bo Jittins, why don’t you just, I don’t know, message jegg on forums about it?

Also, pretty sure I already stated my opinion here, but RTD has RNG because that’s how crate systems work. I wouldn’t change much, if anything.

Just now, shalom said:

i love it when people throw shade at staff members in completely unrelated topics when something doesn’t go their way. @Bo Jittins, why don’t you just, I don’t know, message jegg on forums about it?

Also, pretty sure I already stated my opinion here, but RTD has RNG because that’s how crate systems work. I wouldn’t change much, if anything.

Wasn't throwing shade, this is a forum staff will visit, and it should be taken into consideration rather than be seen as shade. Jegg had to go. I'm making a complaint on the rdmer and jegg right now.

Edited by Bo Jittins

Just now, shalom said:

hahah lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Bo Jittins said:

Wasn't throwing shade, this is a forum staff will visit, and it should be taken into consideration rather than be seen as shade. Jegg had to go. I'm making a complaint on the rdmer and jegg right now.

Then why did you make a post about it on a thread about the RTD system?

• Like 1

Just now, shalom said:

Then why did you make a post about it on a thread about the RTD system?

Because staff will visit it.

Just now, Bo Jittins said:

Because staff will visit it.

pls delete all of his threads in this post

Just now, Emily said:

#comeoutsideyourhouseihaveasurpriseforyou

#BET

Gonna lock this since there's just shitposts now. A lot of productive posts have been made though and I've read through all of them and will keep them in mind when making changes in the future. 

• Like 3