Sign in to follow this  
PopeTart

IP Bans and Questions/Advice

So, my brother, and my brother's friend have all accessed their accounts on my IP. The problem is, i'm scared if one of them gets banned permanently, won't the staff ban me as well since they were on my IP and I will be shown as an alt. Same goes for them, I don't want to ruin their account if I get banned. So what can I do? I doubt an appeal will be taken seriously, as many will think I am lying. Is there any way to get proof of the accounts being separate and not alts? Am I just screwed and have to make sure they never do anything ban-worthy?

@PopeTart IP bans are only handed out on serious, repeat offenders. If your brothers were being extremely malicious and pushed us to a point where we HAD to IP ban then yes, you'd be affected also; however this is a pretty rare case and is highly unlikely to happen. Along with this it's usually kind of easy to see if they're a sibling if you don't use a shared computer and we see you on at the same times etc, if this is the case then we won't suspect you as an alt unless we have reasons to. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jouaram said:

if this is the case then we won't suspect you as an alt unless we have reasons to. 

they all show up on alt check

2 hours ago, Demon. said:

doesn't an alt check just check correlation to steam id's and ip? so they both (ryan and his brother) use the same gateway so they should all be red flagged by alt detection... im not sure tho 😕 but sadly i know these fucks irl and @PopeTart and his brother exist so they arent alts lol

2 hours ago, Demon. said:

Just because they show up on altcheck it doesn't mean they're an alt, altcheck is just a tool to check players who we suspect of being an alt to give us clarification, in cases like this where siblings both play we wouldn't ban them for having the same IP (or if we did we'd most likely have an appeal from popetart, get some proof and a bit of investigating and get him unbanned)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jouaram said:

@PopeTart IP bans are only handed out on serious, repeat offenders. If your brothers were being extremely malicious and pushed us to a point where we HAD to IP ban then yes, you'd be affected also; however this is a pretty rare case and is highly unlikely to happen. Along with this it's usually kind of easy to see if they're a sibling if you don't use a shared computer and we see you on at the same times etc, if this is the case then we won't suspect you as an alt unless we have reasons to. 

if his brother is malicious then popetart is too so if you ip ban his brother keep pope ban because genetics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wait so if my brother trolls and gets ip banned that means i cant play anymore ;-;

10 minutes ago, Zed said:

wait so if my brother trolls and gets ip banned that means i cant play anymore ;-;

Zed over here gonna hop on his brothers account and mass rdm 

2 minutes ago, Fakie said:

Zed over here gonna hop on his brothers account and mass rdm 

you said you quit why are you still here noob

Just now, Zed said:

you said you quit why are you still here noob

idk tbh