If you're seeing this message you're either a new member or a returning one - so either way, welcome! To see majority of the Forum you need to sign in which you can do through Steam, fully secure. 

If you have any questions or concerns add me on Steam! https://steamcommunity.com/id/Jouaram/

- Jouaram

Jouaram

Update Blog - 02/06/2019

RetributionRP

Update Blog - 02/06/2018

The following changes are now live on the server: 

What's New?: 

• N/A

What's Changed?: 

• N/A

Bug Fixes: 

• N/A

Balancing: 

• Player's moving at crazy high-speeds is way too powerful with the response from the servers tick-rate/hit registration resulting in almost invincible players sprinting around; to combat this movement speed has been slightly lowered across the board (roughly 15%) and speed drugs now give less of a speed boost. (Whilst we do plan to upgrade the server soon and increase tick-rate, the insane move-speed that the speed drugs gave is something that's very unhealthy for gun play). 
    • Speed drugs move speed decreased from 4x -> 2.5x
  • Miner's gold has been increased by another 20% (This makes gold stand out much more as a valuable resources compared to the other ores). 
    • Gold bar @ 100% value increased from: $9375 -> $11,250

This is a small update post but the speed drug change is a pretty huge change to make game-play wise so I thought I'd make it into a post instead of getting 50 messages saying that speed drugs are broken.

As usual, post your feedback once you've experienced the changes and let me know what you think below.

• Like 6
  • Bionicle 1

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Harvey said:

will it become the same speed when the server is upgraded?

All depends, I can test it out but we have no idea how the tick-rate will fair over there yet. 

• Like 1

This is make it so much easier to defend against raids, it’s so annoying with the speed boosts before raid but now it will be better 

2 hours ago, Jouaram said:

Player's moving at crazy high-speeds is way too powerful with the response from the servers tick-rate/hit registration resulting in almost invincible players sprinting around; to combat this movement speed has been slightly lowered across the board (roughly 15%) and speed drugs now give less of a speed boost. (Whilst we do plan to upgrade the server soon and increase tick-rate, the insane move-speed that the speed drugs gave is something that's very unhealthy for gun play). 

@The Judicator

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

23 minutes ago, Kodey 🐧 said:

Lol Kodey when I thought about people who use speed drugs in raids I thought about him, let’s see his skill now 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jouaram said:

•  Miner's gold has been increased by another 20% (This makes gold stand out much more as a valuable resources compared to the other ores). 
    • Gold bar @ 100% value increased from: $9375 -> $11,250

wtf is a miner

Edited by Snowy Barackmas, Brr Cold

5 hours ago, Prawn said:

Lol Kodey when I thought about people who use speed drugs in raids I thought about him, let’s see his skill now 

I don't play much anymore. If Jouaram wants to nerf speed drugs, go ahead I guess. But, if he doesn't add an alternative to help raiding or improve something there, then continue to base your hearts out, and I wish good fortune to anyone who tries to raid with lag also being more against you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Judicator said:

I don't play much anymore. If Jouaram wants to nerf speed drugs, go ahead I guess. But, if he doesn't add an alternative to help raiding or improve something there, then continue to base your hearts out, and I wish good fortune to anyone who tries to raid with lag also being more against you.

He said recently that he is upgrading his server host, what else would be a good addition?

41 minutes ago, jaildar said:

He said recently that he is upgrading his server host, what else would be a good addition?

Don't really think it's about lag anymore even though he added that on as a addition to what the "Raiding World" has become. It's still pretty bad, but if it does get fixed, there are still major problems left. Raiding is basically impossible now from what I'm hearing. All these double barrels that everyone has that are still supposably "1 bil" or somewhere around that price, pay to win guns, and now the speed drugs getting a nerf. Each time 2 more guns get added, it sounds like raiding becomes more dead and people start staying in there bases more often. 

Edited by LONG Haired Stranger
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, LONG Haired Stranger said:

Don't really think it's about lag anymore even though he added that on as a addition to what the "Raiding World" has become. It's still pretty bad, but if it does get fixed, there are still major problems left. Raiding is basically impossible now from what I'm hearing. All these double barrels that everyone has that are still supposably "1 bil" or somewhere around that price, pay to win guns, and now the speed drugs getting a nerf. Each time 2 more guns get added, it sounds like raiding becomes more dead and people start staying in there bases more often. 

@Jouaram Image result for feelsweirdmanImage result for point up emoji

20 minutes ago, LONG Haired Stranger said:

Don't really think it's about lag anymore even though he added that on as a addition to what the "Raiding World" has become. Raiding now is basically impossible from what I'm hearing. All these double barrels that everyone has that are still supposably "1 bil" or somewhere around that price, pay to win guns, and now the speed drugs getting a nerf. Each time 2 more guns get added, it sounds like raiding becomes more dead and people start staying in there bases more often.

I don't mind the addition of guns; armor penetration is an obvious problem though with how high it is. With the meta being tunnel bases, which I credit myself slightly for popularizing (unfortunately), it is difficult also. There are no new tools, but there should be. A good example of a pretty much impossible base is the one near spawn with the illegal room in the back. The two doorways create essentially a 1x1 base; also, the second door becomes locked open, so whoever isn't SWAT with a battering ram, then you lose 100%. Even as PD, I would need around ten cops to just run in and die, and I still wouldn't get in. All in all, that spot should be illegal.

Edited by The Judicator
Added "but there should be."
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Judicator said:

A good example of a pretty much impossible base is the one near spawn with the illegal room in the back. The two doorways create essentially a 1x1 base; also, the second door becomes locked open, so whoever isn't SWAT with a battering ram, then you lose 100%. Even as PD, I would need around ten cops to just run in and die, and I still wouldn't get in.

I do agree with this here. That base there is utter cancer. There are quite a few bases like that which are impossible to raid.

Yeah, I'm using the speed drugs now, and there is a big difference. You might as well reduce the cooldown or eliminate the cooldown completely to make them somewhat viable.

• Like 1

Just now, Marki said:

A good example of a pretty much impossible base is the one near spawn with the illegal room in the back. The two doorways create essentially a 1x1 base; also, the second door becomes locked open, so whoever isn't SWAT with a battering ram, then you lose 100%. Even as PD, I would need around ten cops to just run in and die, and I still wouldn't get in.

that base is hella annoying 😂

18 minutes ago, The Judicator said:

I don't mind the addition of guns; armor penetration is an obvious problem though with how high it is. With the meta being tunnel bases, which I credit myself slightly for popularizing (unfortunately), it is difficult also. There are no new tools. A good example of a pretty much impossible base is the one near spawn with the illegal room in the back. The two doorways create essentially a 1x1 base; also, the second door becomes locked open, so whoever isn't SWAT with a battering ram, then you lose 100%. Even as PD, I would need around ten cops to just run in and die, and I still wouldn't get in. All in all, that spot should be illegal.

I agree with you on this and I don't have a problem with them to much, I just thought it needed to be stated that the more that gets added, raiding becomes less popular.

33 minutes ago, Marki said:

I do agree with this here. That base there is utter cancer. There are quite a few bases like that which are impossible to raid.

You're utter cancer

• Sad 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, LONG Haired Stranger said:

What are your suggestions? I think like increasing fdb range or restricting very big parties

22 hours ago, jaildar said:

What are your suggestions? I think like increasing fdb range or restricting very big parties

I think increasing fdb range is a good start, but restricting parties is kind of a bad idea considering lots of people like being in them and there are some positive things for them. I was writing about how party sizes really don’t matter at all, but thinking about it into a deeper perspective, I guess you could say it does. I feel like what Jouaram is doing is definitely a good start, but when he buffs weapons like the Icarus LMG, it usually becomes to much then players start taking advantage of it. Not sure how he tests the weapons, but if you want to balance things, the best way to do that in my opinion is to probably just nerf the weapons that people complain about for being to powerful, and from there match it with other weapons accordingly. Though it may be the most affective, there are way to many guns and it most likely won’t be done. Overall, I feel like some balancing between weapons, drugs, explosives and jobs other than customs would be nice. 

15 minutes ago, USANumberOne said:

Raiding was hard as shit even with the speed. People have op guns.

Only hard aspect of raiding is when 11 people are in a base and 7 sit outside but you can't do anything about them.

Just now, LONG Haired Stranger said:

There are multiple hard aspects to raiding...

That's the only problem I have other than the fact that most people break nlr and they get a slap on the wrist when they know they shouldn't do it.

1 minute ago, Logical® said:

That's the only problem I have other than the fact that most people break nlr and they get a slap on the wrist when they know they shouldn't do it.

Probably because you have maybe the same balancing between guns as they do or even better. After selling only my weapons for cosmetics, I could see a HUGE difference between players with OP asf guns and players who have started out for about a month.