Brumskee

Brumskee's Moderator Application

• In-Game Name: Brumskee
  • Timezone: Illinois, USA (Central Time)
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80555377
  • Steam Profile (Link)https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121376483/
  • Hours on the server: 135 hours
  • Times Active: 4 hours a day on the weekends and a couple hours a day any other day of the week.
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I want to be a moderator because the server has been low with its number of staff and I want to help everyone who joins and currently plays on the server have a good RP experience. I should be a moderator because I have been a moderator on the server in the past, as well as other servers. I have plenty of experience with this position and are mature enough to handle sits and situation in the ways they need to be handled to resolve issues in general. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:Yes
  • To keep your Staffing position you are required at least 7 hours a week of in-game activity, can you meet this?: Yes

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: [How can you find the source of the prop spam? How do you determine what is or isn't prop spam?] I would immediately freeze all props to try and prevent the game from immediately crashing, since checking logs first may take too long and cause the server to crash before I can find who is spamming. I would then check the logs to see if there is someone that is spawning in a large number of props rapidly, since this is a sign of prop spam. After I determine who is likely prop spamming based on logs, I would tp to them and investigate the situation. If it appears as though they are just spawning in a bunch of props to spam them in the attempt to lag the server, I would immediately freeze them on the spot. I would inform him that he is being permanently banned for prop spam and that he can appeal at retributionrp.org, but only ban him for 12 hours since that is the mod cap. I would make sure to include in the warn and ban that it should be extended to a perma by a higher up staff member. Before any of that is done, however, I should take screenshots for evidence. If the person does not appear to be trying to spam on purpose or is pasting a dupe, I would inform them that they should not do what they are doing until they get approval from a higher up staff member, since the dupe appears to be causing the lag in the server.  

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": [What process do you take to make sure the player fixes the issue(s) with their base? What if the player refuses or ignores you altogether?] I would immediately tp to the person that is claiming that they have found an illegal base and hear their story out. Once I take in the story, I would clip into the base and let the base owner know that I am evaluating their base for possible breaches in basing rules. If the base is illegal, I would inform the owner that they either need to delete the base and start over or fix the problem with the base. Either way, I would give them about 10 minutes to do so then allow the person who complained to raid the base once the base is fixed and nlr is not an issue. If the base owner does not listen I would be forced to kick them from the server and remove all disconnected people's props in order to clear the illegal base. If they come back and do the same thing again, intervention from a higher up staff member would be required. If it comes to kicking, screenshots would need to be taken for evidence. 

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: [Example of staff abuse? What process do you take to stop it? Do you get higher ups involved, or would you talk to the staff member yourself? Both? Neither?] Examples of staff abuse would be things like: no clipping into bases while raiding, no clipping out while defending to shoot people from the outside, moving players with their phys gun when they are not doing sits, giving themself a ridiculous amount of hp and armor for any reason besides a designated event, etc. Once I notice or are informed that they may be abusing, I would find them and try to inspect what is occurring for myself with screenshots or video taken for proof. I would then confront them and ask why they are doing what they are doing. If they understand what they are doing is wrong and it was clearly on accident, no action should be done unless it is done again. If the offense is too severe for the last action or they are not willing to change what they are doing, I would try to involve a higher up that is on the server currently to help deal with the situation. If none are online or if the higher up recommends it be done, I would make a post in the staff complaint section of the forums with screenshots or any evidence for proof. Most of the times this is not needed, however, since the offense is typically not severe and the offender usually realizes they did something wrong and does not offend again. 

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: [What do you do if a player doesn't like your judgement of the sit? What do you do if they start downright insulting you?] As a staff member, a certain level of maturity is required in order to handle sits in a way that is fair and unbiased for both sides. If they are doing something like mic or chat spamming, I could simply gag or mute them respectively in order to listen to the other person's story or to say what I need to say. Once the sit is done, the mute/gag would be undone. If they do not like my judgement or decision for punishment or lack of, I would inform them that they are welcome to get a hold of a higher up staff member or make a post in the staff complaint section of the forum if they wish, but my decision would not change. If they begin and continue to insult me beyond rational limits of just being upset, I would warn them for offensive language. Per the staff handbook, I cannot punish them for them disrespecting a staff member, but their is a point as well where they are breaking rules covering decency in the server. At this point, I would get a hold of another staff member so we can determine what should be done further with the situation, whether that means muting, gagging or something else. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: [What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?] 

RDM: Random Death Match. This is when someone kills another person without just reason via the rules of the MOTD to kill said person. An example being a person walking out of spawn and shooting the first person they see.

RDA: Random Arresting. This is when someone arrests someone without them breaking a law or having a mayor online for made up laws to be enforced. An example of this is a cop walking up to a random person holding a phys gun and arresting them. 

NLR: New Life Rule. This means that you are not allowed to return to the area of your death for 5 minutes after the death occurs. It also entails that you are technically not supposed to use information you learned in your last life. An example of breaking this would be knowing that someone killed you in your last life then revenge RDMing them once your nlr time expires.

For RDM, a story of the incident can be helpful, but logs are very crucial here as well. They allow you to see who damaged who first to verify the validity of the story. You can also do an nlr check to make sure the person actually died where the person said they died. Once all of this log information and details of the story are received, you can determine whether it was RDM. 

For RDA cases, it is important to hear what law the police officer says was broken, then confirm whether the law exists or if a mayor was alive to allow the made up rule to be enforced. The validity of the law would also need to be confirmed, since a mayor cannot make up just any law they want if it violates the rules of the MOTD. 

For NLR cases, they are typically easy to settle. You can just do a nlr check on both people to see who died first if that is part of the dispute. If only one person died, it is easy to see if they broke nlr then punish according to the number of times they broke nlr. If there is further ambiguity of the story, logs can be checked along with stories to determine exactly what happened. NLR and RDM cases tend to work in tandem with each other when people go for revenge. 

(Additional Comments): As I said at the beginning of my application, I have been a staff member here before and the server has been struggling with staff coverage lately. I feel that I am a mature player and I like to try to make sure others are having fun while they are playing, but also like to make sure people are following the rules. I have spent a good amount of time on the server and genuinely care about the server, otherwise I would not have spent a good deal of my time trying to make this application. Thank you for reading my application, please give me some constructive criticism if you believe I need to work on some areas, otherwise, have a good one!

+1

Super cool guy

Very enthusiastic and fun

Never seen him break any rules and seems very serious when it comes to being a staff and following/enforcing the rules

Good luck my guy

and stop stealing my money through lotteries....

• Like 1

+1

Amazing application

Nice And Funny Guy never see him break any rules

Good Luck Bro 

• Like 1

+1

Good application 

very genuine and wants to help server

active in-game

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sullyツ said:

+1

Super cool guy

Never seen him break any rules and seems very serious when it comes to being a staff and following/enforcing the rules

Good luck my guy

If it makes you feel better, I donate almost all the money I win XD

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Sullyツ said:

+1

Super cool guy

Good luck my guy

+1

• Like 1

+1

+Amazing App

+Never breaks rules

+Active in game

- HACKS LOTTOS 😞 

• Like 1

+1

- Beefy Application.

- Very mature and knowledgeable of rules.

- Seems like at this point no one has a problem with you and there's really only been positive interactions.

- You got demoted from around 6 months ago but I'm assuming that was from inactivity. (It's really hard to judge someone from that time period since staffing in summer 2018 was an absolute nightmare.)

- With that being said It shows as previous staff you are knowledgeable in situations and the rules. (As can be seen in your detailed answers.)

I know we haven't had interactions in-game but honestly based off of all of the information I've seen I believe you are trustworthy enough to re-join the staff team.

• Like 1

Were you given permission to reapply by anyone?

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1

+1 

Great Guy

Never really toxic 

Knows rules 

Decent forum activity 

Good Luck Brother ❤️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jaildar said:

+1

+Amazing App

+Never breaks rules

+Active in game

- HACKS LOTTOS 😞 

^ +1

• Like 1

+1

Good App

Never had any issues with you before 

Looks like he knows the rules

Good luck

• Like 1

+1

Nice guy

Knows rules

Haven't seen him get in trouble at all

Good app

Active

Good Luck! 🙂

Edited by CTW

+/-

This is a really great app and others got great things to say and all, but I personally havn't seen ya once in game at all. Once I have an interaction or 2 with you I'll change my reply 🙂 

• Like 1

Easy +1

nice

funny

good app

knows rules

respectable 

(both Illinois home boys)

Edited by T0bi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarrus? said:

+/-

This is a really great app and others got great things to say and all, but I personally havn't seen ya once in game at all. Once I have an interaction or 2 with you I'll change my reply 🙂 

I played with you there yesterday or the day before lol. I'll make sure to hit you up in game. 

• Cool 1