korbin

korbin's Staff Application 2.0

korbin's Moderator Application V2

• In-Game Name: korbin

• Timezone: Eastern Time

• Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:141849295

• Steam Profile (Link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/roflrofllmaolol/

• Hours on the server: 192

• Times Active: Weekdays: Max is 4-5 hours, minimum is an hour. Weekends: Max is 8 hours and minimum is 2 hours or so.

• Why I want/should be a moderator: I would love to be a moderator for retribution because it is a good opportunity to help out the server with problems they need and to improve on personal skills such as responsibility for my future. DarkRP is very interesting to me and especially retribution. From its wide variety of weapons, tools, and customizations, it makes me want to be more apart of the community, server, and much more.

• Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?: Yes

• Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes

• Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: Yes

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: [How can you find the source of the prop spam? How do you determine what is or isn't prop spam?]

Response: If I experience any type of lag and/or complaints from players about prop spam, I would immediately check logs to see who is causing this. If they are innocently putting down a base or dupe with no malicious intent, I would politely notify them that their dupe is possibly lagging the server and that they should take their time with placing their dupe. If someone was maliciously spamming props to harm the server I would freeze them to prevent them to prop spam any more. I would then give that player a 12 hour ban and inform a higher admin immediately about extending the ban to a permanent.

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": [What process do you take to make sure the player fixes the issue(s) with their base? What if the player refuses or ignores you altogether?]

Examples of an illegal base:

1. More than 3 fading doors with keypads

2. Walkway cannot fit 2 players right next to each other (murderhall)

3. Players needing to crouch to advanced deeper into the base

4. Fading door being right behind or right after a normal door

Response: I would teleport to the person complaining about an illegal base, and ask that player to inform me of what they think is illegal about the base. If nothing is illegal, I would explain to the player what is illegal and what is not. If something is illegal, I would bring the owner of the base to explain to them that a part of their base is illegal, and politely ask them to fix or change the illegal part. If the player continued to avoid the problem, and refused to, I would ask them once again to fix their illegal base. If they continue, I would warn them and kick them.

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: [Example of staff abuse? What process do you take to stop it? Do you get higher ups involved, or would you talk to the staff member yourself? Both? Neither?]

Examples of staff abuse:

1. Using godmode to easily raid a base

2. Teleporting players into a base to easily raid a base

3. Noclips through a base to easily raid a base

Response: I would gather evidence by screenshotting and recording of the staff member abusing their powers. I would then confront them about them abusing their powers. If they were unaware about them abusing their powers, I would let higher ups know about the situation, but let them know that the staff member was unaware. If the staff member said something along the lines of “I’m just having fun” or “I know I am, it’s fun”, I would clip them admitting to it. With all of the evidence I gathered, I would report them to a higher-up, and allow them to deal with the situation.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: [What do you do if a player doesn't like your judgement of the sit? What do you do if they start downright insulting you?]

Response: I would calmly and politely ask the player to be cooperative with me and allow the sit to go through. If the player was talking over the other player and/or me, I would let them know that I will gag them if they continue talking over us/me. If they continue, I would gag them. If they began to insult me, I would try my best to ignore them, and try to continue the sit. Once the sit is finished, I would remove any gags that I had placed.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: [What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?]

RDM-Random Death Match: RDM is when a player kills another player with no reason. Example: John didn’t like the way Jack looked, so he shot him to death.

RDA-Random Arrest: RDA is when a PD member arrests someone with no reason. Example: Mark jumped and Officer Craig didn’t like that, so he arrested him.

NLR-New Life Rule: NLR is a rule that players cannot return to their spot of death for 5 minutes. When hitmen kill their hit, the hit is allowed to instantly return to their spot of death. Example: Harry was defending a base and was killed, he then returned right after his death and shot the raiders to death.

Response: For any players who do not know the rules of DarkRP, such as new players, I would tell them about these 3 so they do not break them again on accident or without knowing, but still give them a verbal warning.

I would bring the player who complaint about a player breaking one of these 3 rules, and after bring the player(s) who is being suspected of breaking one of the rules.

NLR: I would check NLR to see when the suspect died and when he returned. If the suspect did break NLR, I would punish him. If it was his first time I would give him a verbal warning. If not, I would then jail them depending on how many warnings they have had. After that I would give a ban that would range from an 1 hour ban to a 12 hour ban, and if it needed to be extended I would explain to a higher up about the situation.

RDM: I would ask the victim to explain their side of the story, and then later ask the suspect about their side of the story. Depending on what they say, I would check damage logs to see who damaged who. If the suspect did RDM the victim, I would give them a verbal warning if it was their first time. If not, I would jail them depending on how many times they have been warned. After that I would give them a ban that would range from 1 hour to a 12 hour ban, and if needed file the situation to a higher up for an extension of the ban.

RDA: I would ask both the victim and suspect to tell their side of the story. If the victim was arrested with a purpose, I would explain to him why he got arrested. If the suspect did RDA, I would give him a verbal warning if it was their first time. If they have previous warnings, I would jail them depending on the amount of warns. After that I would ban them from 1 hour to a 12 hour ban. I would then message a higher-up about an extension ban if needed.

(Additional Comments): [Anything else you want us to know about you? You can remove this part from the application if you don't want to include anything.]

Would love any type of criticism and/or feedback.

• Like 1

+1 

You’re extremely friendly in every instance I’ve seen you or spoken to you.

Your app is well detailed, and you have a clear understanding of the rules.

You’ve been decently active and I’ve never seen you get into trouble.

Only thing I would work on is posting more on the forums, but otherwise I think this is a good application and you have plenty of potential.

Good luck! 💕

• Like 1

have not seen you in game 

I don't think props needed to be frozen the server does that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rainbows said:

have not seen you in game 

I don't think props needed to be frozen the server does that

meant to say to freeze the player to stop him from putting any more props down

but thank you for your feedback and hope to see you in game sometime 🙂

• Cool 1

+1
App is good
Active
Chill

Will fit staff team well

• Like 1

-/+

+ app is nice

+ i dont see you alot, prob cuz timezones. But im guessing youre active.

- even though its not required, use forums more

- pretty sure you came back from a long ass break off the server

(maybe be a bit more involved in the server/forums for a bit longer)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JellyThotJinx said:

-/+

+ app is nice

+ i dont see you alot, prob cuz timezones. But im guessing youre active.

- even though its not required, use forums more

- pretty sure you came back from a long ass break off the server

(maybe be a bit more involved in the server/forums for a bit longer)

yeah I haven't been fully active since early 2018 or late 2017, mostly because my laptop could barely handle gmod with 20+ fps. now that i got a better pc i can play more. but thank you for your feedback and I hope I get to see you in game.

+1

From our interactions you are very friendly and don't break rules

Nice App

Good hours, but 

1 hour ago, JellyThotJinx said:

even though its not required, use forums more

Overall you seem active and chill in-game, I think you are a good addition to the staff team! Good luck!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickPl4ys said:

+1

From our interactions you are very friendly and don't break rules

Nice App

Good hours, but 

Overall you seem active and chill in-game, I think you are a good addition to the staff team! Good luck!

thank you for the feedback, will try to use forums more ofc.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, babydumptruck27 said:

i dont think your ready for staffing yet

rarely see you in game

good app

thanks for the feedback bro

-/+

- good guy

- good app

- people have stated the (-) parts above

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shooshy said:

-/+

- good guy

- good app

- people have stated the (-) parts above

thank you very much for your feedback 🙂

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, SugarMuch said:

+1

• Seems like good boi
  • I like his app
  • also see him quite often

thank you for your feedback sugar!

+/- leaning +1

nice guy 

decent hours 

non-toxic 

App has some problems but I think if you were given a good mentor you can become a great addition to the staff team.

not much forum activity even tho it’s not required I would like to see a person with a good community presence become staff, but I believe you could fix that. 

Good luck bro 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VAPE NAYSH YALL said:

+/- leaning +1

nice guy 

decent hours 

non-toxic 

App has some problems but I think if you were given a good mentor you can become a great addition to the staff team.

not much forum activity even tho it’s not required I would like to see a person with a good community presence become staff, but I believe you could fix that. 

Good luck bro 

thank you for the feedback, i am trying to be as active as possible on forums

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stanuel God said:

+1 

Good guy, cares about the rules, not mingey, good choice for staff

thank you for your feedback man. i hope we can rp sometime soon 🙂

big +1

A lot of hours in-game

Good Staff App

Community Rep is decent

Could have some working to do though

See you in-game a lot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BatmanRW said:

big +1

A lot of hours in-game

Good Staff App

Community Rep is decent

Could have some working to do though

See you in-game a lot

thank you for the feedback!

+/-

You have plenty of hours

Your app is pretty beefy

Maybe get to know the community on here more, post more, or just talk in the chatbox

Have not seen you in game but I have not been on in quite some time, But based on what people are saying you seem like a nice guy.

Good luck, and I hope to see you as staff in the future 👍

(I know i'm one to talk about posting more)

Edited by Cloveman74
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloveman74 said:

+/-

You have plenty of hours

Your app is pretty beefy

Maybe get to know the community on here more, post more, or just talk in the chatbox

Have not seen you in game but I have not been on in quite some time, But based on what people are saying you seem like a nice guy.

Good luck, and I hope to see you as staff in the future 👍

(I know i'm one to talk about posting more)

haha thank you for the feedback man. i hope to see you in game sometime and to have a nice chat!

Your responses are very simple, it looks like you wrote them while reading the handbook

You are very young and probably not ready for staffing

You have a lot of hours but it looks like you've only been active for the past month

You have a VAC ban on your steam account, it's a year old but can you explain what happened?

Spend some more time in the community before trying for staff 

• Like 1