korbin

korbin's Staff Application 2.0

4 hours ago, Johnny Sparklez said:

Your responses are very simple, it looks like you wrote them while reading the handbook

You are very young and probably not ready for staffing

You have a lot of hours but it looks like you've only been active for the past month

You have a VAC ban on your steam account, it's a year old but can you explain what happened?

Spend some more time in the community before trying for staff 

thank you for all of the feedback. and yes i’ve only been active for the past 1-2 months or so. csgo was a huge stress for me so i tried to get the easy way out. ended up getting vac banned, it was removed, but then placed back. made another account for csgo and I made a promise I will never cheat again. other than that, thanks very much for the feedback and I will work harder next time 🙂

Edited by korbin

On 4/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, Rainbows said:

have not seen you in game 

I don't think props needed to be frozen the server does that

he is alwas on there hasnt been one time i remember not seeing him in game when im on

besides last at night when theres like 5 people on the server

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Geoffs Baby said:

+1 Friendly 

Decent App

Good Hours 

thank you for your feedback 🙂

16 hours ago, Johnny Sparklez said:

Your responses are very simple, it looks like you wrote them while reading the handbook

You are very young and probably not ready for staffing

You have a lot of hours but it looks like you've only been active for the past month

You have a VAC ban on your steam account, it's a year old but can you explain what happened?

Spend some more time in the community before trying for staff 

I don't really understand this response.  I got accepted with only a week and a half under my belt.

Isn't one of the senior staff, shalom, 14 or 15?  He's very mature for his age.

Also, what's wrong with referencing the motd while writing your application?  I would want to make sure my information is correct beforehand.  

Also, with the VAC ban, no one ever asked about my VAC ban.  If you want context for mine, my fiancee installed cheats for Unturned like 2 years ago.

It's probably just me, but the response you gave seems kinda biased in some way.

(After proof reading my post, for some reason it seemed kind of hostile.  I'm in no way trying to be mean at all.  I'm just kind of confused by your post.)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Xepharia said:

I don't really understand this response.  I got accepted with only a week and a half under my belt.

Isn't one of the senior staff, shalom, 14 or 15?  He's very mature for his age.

Also, what's wrong with referencing the motd while writing your application?  I would want to make sure my information is correct beforehand.  

Also, with the VAC ban, no one ever asked about my VAC ban.  If you want context for mine, my fiancee installed cheats for Unturned like 2 years ago.

It's probably just me, but the response you gave seems kinda biased in some way.

(After proof reading my post, for some reason it seemed kind of hostile.  I'm in no way trying to be mean at all.  I'm just kind of confused by your post.)

You had shown more then enough that you were going to be a capable stsff member, that with a ton of community support is why you were accepted so quickly.

Being young is a bad thing necessarily, however it isn't a plus by any means. You can be accepted when you are 15-16 but you're going to have to proof that you're mature enough to hold a staff position before we give it to you. I think he can do that, but he needs to take some more time and focus on that before applying.

I think the way he refrenced the motd and handbook showed that he understood the rules, but it didnt show that he understood how to deal with any kind of situation specifically. I would recommend asking a few staff members about sits, and how to deal with some more specific scenarios, it can really help to beef up your app and gives you a head start on other mods.

While a VAC ban isn't reason for a denial, it does raise some red flags as to how trustable someone can be. I know it was a year ago but if you've made the choice to cheat once, then its possible that you could make that decision again.

Ps. No worries, your post wasn't hostile. Its important to ask these questions so that people know how they can improve.

Pps. I think you could be a staff member in the future korbin, however i think you need to wait awhile and proof your maturity, as well as learn from the community and other staff on how to improve. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sparklez said:

You had shown more then enough that you were going to be a capable stsff member, that with a ton of community support is why you were accepted so quickly.

Being young is a bad thing necessarily, however it isn't a plus by any means. You can be accepted when you are 15-16 but you're going to have to proof that you're mature enough to hold a staff position before we give it to you. I think he can do that, but he needs to take some more time and focus on that before applying.

I think the way he refrenced the motd and handbook showed that he understood the rules, but it didnt show that he understood how to deal with any kind of situation specifically. I would recommend asking a few staff members about sits, and how to deal with some more specific scenarios, it can really help to beef up your app and gives you a head start on other mods.

While a VAC ban isn't reason for a denial, it does raise some red flags as to how trustable someone can be. I know it was a year ago but if you've made the choice to cheat once, then its possible that you could make that decision again.

Ps. No worries, your post wasn't hostile. Its important to ask these questions so that people know how they can improve.

Pps. I think you could be a staff member in the future korbin, however i think you need to wait awhile and proof your maturity, as well as learn from the community and other staff on how to improve. ❤️

Much love Johnny. I understand it's a red flag towards me, but you're going to have to trust me on it. I can hopefully get someone to help me with situations in the future. I'm turning 16 this year and that's really the big jump of age. I will try to prove my maturity by staying low with my warns as I've been doing well so far with. Thank you so much for the feedback though and will definitely consider working harder on all of my skills and especially maturity. 

Edited by korbin
  • Like 1

+1

No I haven’t really been around you very much, as to talking to you. But I have been around you to see how you act, and present yourself. I tend to be on the look out for players that are applying for staff and keep my distance from them just to see their personality and how they show themselves off. I think with a little tweaking, you’ll be a pretty good addition to the team. 

Goodluck, Tig 

16 minutes ago, tig ole bitties said:

+1

No I haven’t really been around you very much, as to talking to you. But I have been around you to see how you act, and present yourself. I tend to be on the look out for players that are applying for staff and keep my distance from them just to see their personality and how they show themselves off. I think with a little tweaking, you’ll be a pretty good addition to the team. 

Goodluck, Tig 

thank you very much Tig. i hope to see u in game more! i’m going to try my best to tweak as many things as possible. thank you for the feedback. 🙂

Verdict:

Denied

Reasons for verdict:

• I've left this up for a period of time to see if I could scour more information about you but we just don't have enough on you to feel that we can trust you with a staff position.
    • It weird since looking at your playtime and post count I do think this is an outlier to a normal app but the only way we feel like we can get enough info is if we wait a period of time to get it.
  • The app is overall correct but a few errors are shown (people can't slow down how fast their dupes spawn my dude)
  • We do not feel your age or your previous vac ban put any weight on your staff app we have had a few admins say a couple of mixed feelings on you both positive and negative but not concrete.

Additional Notes:

If our new system was implemented when you put this up it would probably have been accepted so in that due time just try and make friends with community members and have some fun on the forums/discord! You may re-apply in 7 days.