poyo

Poyo Mod Application

In-Game Name: Poyo

Timezone: EST

Steam ID:  :STEAM_0:0:80341680 

Steam Profile (Link):  : https://steamcommunity.com/id/g00my/

Hours on the server: 86

Times Active: Usually 1pm to 3am (sometimes earlier) depending on the day. I have an incredible amount of spare time until about September when I start my fall semester of college, but even then I’ll still have plenty of spare time to be able to contribute to the server. I'm active every day except one day a week (usually a weekday, wednesday or thursday) when I run errands.

Why I want/should be a moderator: This server has been extremely welcoming for the most part, and I truly enjoy the community from my time spent here. From day one I’ve enjoyed learning from everyone, and helping others who have asked for assistance on what they need. I believe that giving back to the community by showing respect and being helpful is extremely important to not only the reputation, but the feel of the server in general. Toxicity only breeds more toxicity, and learning to avoid this has helped me greatly, which is why I have confidence in my ability to handle stressful situations. : [You don't have to put yourself on a pedestal, but give us an idea of what you think your best qualities are, and why you'd be a good moderator.]
Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible? Yes. I believe I’ve done a good job following the rules so far, and any interactions I’ve had with mods have been extremely pleasant and I’ve been cooperative (at least from my perspective.)

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to? Yes, I’ve already learned so much from some of the mods and I would gladly take any guidance needed to better myself./No]

Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week? Absolutely, and I also can be contacted from my same active hours stated above if any assistance is needed. 

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: [How can you find the source of the prop spam? How do you determine what is or isn't prop spam?] The first step would to be to immediately determine where the props are coming from. To do so, I’d then check logs to see who had been placing an absurd amount of props. Once figuring out the culprit of the propspam, I would then assess the current build and determine whether or not it was done with malicious intent. 

Example of non-malicious intent: Someone placing a large amount of their props BEFORE they begin to build. 
Example of malicious intent: Someone spawning props repeatedly in order to cause disorder or lag to the server as a whole. 

As long as the props being placed were not being used in a malicious manner, I would tell the player to try and slow down their use of props at one given time. If the player was doing it to be malicious, I would let them know that prop-spam is an unacceptable offense and let them know that their punishment would in fact, be a ban. I would also collect proof of their prop-spam to keep on record. After that, I would place a ban for the maximum amount possible in my current position, and then proceed to contact a higher up in order to have them place an extension. 

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": [What process do you take to make sure the player fixes the issue(s) with their base? What if the player refuses or ignores you altogether?] In order to fix the situation, I would speak to the person who filed the complaint to figure out what they believed was illegal about the base in question. After hearing their problems with the base, I would take them into account as I go and check the base myself to determine whether or not their base was truly illegal.
For example: When a person with a base has cracks that are intentionally there to give an advantage in combat, such as a crack that is able to shoot the enemies as a one-way.

If the base was not illegal, I’d let the complainant know that the base was not illegal, explain to them why, and remind them that they need to wait out the NLR timer in order to raid again. If the base was illegal, I would inform the player that they need to fix the specific problems of their base and offer them advice on how to effectively fix the flaws. I would give the player some time to fix the problems of their base, and check back up on them to see if its been fixed. If they did fix it, I would thank the player for their cooperation, and continue doing staff duties. If the player DIDN’T fix the problems with their base or refused to, I would kick them and then warn them for an illegal base and uncooperation. 

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: [Example of staff abuse? What process do you take to stop it? Do you get higher ups involved, or would you talk to the staff member yourself? Both? Neither?] A very good example of staff abuse would be a staff member using godmode in raids in order to have an advantage over their enemies. In order to stop this, I’d collect solid proof of the offenses, and speak to the staff myself when I felt there was enough proof to let them know that their actions were unacceptable, while also keeping record of the conversation. If the staff in question was cooperative, I would take that into account before speaking to a higher-up. Showing bias as a staff is extremely unprofessional, and I would keep an eye on the staff to make sure they didn’t abuse their powers again. If the staff was uncooperative as a whole, or very clearly knew they were abusing their powers, I would provide my proof and the conversation to give to the higher-ups immediately. This scenario would be the same for a staff who was talked to and decided to abuse their powers on more than one occasion. 

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: [What do you do if a player doesn't like your judgement of the sit? What do you do if they start downright insulting you?] If a player was unhappy with my judgement of the sit, I would inform them of the fact that they can file a formal complaint on the forums and provide them with a link. I would also inform them that they do have the option to request another staff member if they truly felt uncomfortable about my performance. If the player decided to insult me, I would stay calm and politely ask them to calm down. If they refused to calm down or continued mic-spamming during the sit, I would let them know before gagging them and continuing with the situation at hand. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: [What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?]

RDM (Random Death Match) is the act of killing someone in a manner that stepped outside of the roleplay boundaries. An example of this would be a player walking out of spawn and immediately deciding to kill people (without a hit.)

RDA (Random Arrest) is when a police officer decides to arrest someone for a reason that was not against any laws. For example, a police officer arresting someone they don’t like simply because of a bias towards that player. 

NLR (New Life Rule) After respawn, if someone goes back to the place they raided before 20 minutes were up, it would be breaking NLR. Another example of breaking NLR would be a player being mugged and then the victim returning before 5 minutes because they’re angry. If a player is killed in their own RP only base, this doesn’t apply. Regardless of that, to check if someone is NLR’ing, I would use the /nlrcheck command to see if the player died more than once in the same place within 5 minutes (or 20 if it’s a raid.) If the player did break NLR, I would check to see how many times they had broke NLR in total and punish them based on the severity of their actions. 

(Additional Comments): I really appreciate the welcoming atmosphere I’ve received on the server for the most part, and it’s definitely a community I already know I’ll love. I’ve already made some amazing friends (some of which encouraged me to apply,) and I hope to continue to connect with the community. I just want everyone to know that anyone is willing to speak to me at any given time, and I would love to communicate with more people. I see how hard the staff work and although I don’t have an insane amount of time on the server, I want to extend my offer to be the best help I possibly can be with this application. All feedback is extremely appreciated, and I’m truly grateful to anyone willing to give it. I was going to wait a bit longer to submit this, but I truly feel very confident about this application and I'm excited to hear what everyone thinks. 

• Thanks 2

Very new 

Some understanding of the rules from looking at application

Causes drama

There will be bigger problems if you increase your power

I can see you being biased and get heated very easily

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zeezy ✪ said:

Very new 

Causes drama

-1 he basically stated

7 minutes ago, Zeezy ✪ said:

Very new 

Causes drama

Thank you for the feedback! I personally think I’ve handled all of my interactions/sits with mods very well, but that could be my own ideas of it. Regardless, I do appreciate the criticism.

-/+

You seem chill

App is ok-ish and has mistakes but ok

Hours are on the lower end

I have not personally met you(probably timezones or my innactivity recently)

Not really sure about where I'm leaning towards, probably a -1 as you are very new, aswell as Zeezy says you cause problems.

2 minutes ago, babydumptruck27 said:

new 

heard your toxic in game

dont think your ready to be staff 

I appreciate the feedback. I do want to mention that I’ve actively been trying to fix any problems I had with anyone, but if people think I’ve acted toxic, I totally respect that and I’d love to talk to the people who have any bad blood. Drama was never my intention, but I completely understand where you’re coming from! 💕

2 minutes ago, NickPl4ys said:

-/+

You seem chill

App is ok-ish and has mistakes but ok

Hours are on the lower end

I have not personally met you(probably timezones or my innactivity recently)

Not really sure about where I'm leaning towards, probably a -1 as you are very new, aswell as Zeezy says you cause problems.

Thank you for the feedback Nick! I hope to see you in game sometime and hopefully we can talk. I’m active every day so I hope we see each other soon!

• Cool 1

+ chill person, seems nice from my interactions

- you're fairly new to the server still

- even though not required, i'd say have more forum activity aswell

- heard from others that you have some attitude

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zeezy ✪ said:

Very new 

Causes drama

this perfectly states what I would have said, -1 for reasons above

Edited by Sarrus?

1 minute ago, JellyThotJinx said:

+ chill person, seems nice from my interactions

- you're fairly new to the server still

- even though not required, i'd say have more forum activity aswell

- heard from others that you have some attitude

I’m glad you have had good interactions with me so far! I hope that continues. I’ve been trying to keep my forum activity up because I want to get more of a connection with the people in the community. I’m sorry you heard those things but I hope I can prove otherwise that I have no bad intentions! Thank you for the feedback.

• Love 1

+1

- very nice person

- good app

- fun to hang around

- have only had good interactions with

- still a new player and forum activity not needed, but recommended 

good luck! 🙂

Edited by korbin
  • Like 1

+1

-Is new, but that didn't stop me from getting accepted back in the day

-Holy FUCK that app is THICC

-Have hung out with you a few times, every time you have conducted yourself super professionally and you're super sweet, at least to me.

-"causes drama" (tells it how it is and we need more staff that don't suck dick and just get the job done)

Honestly, I don't care about rumors, because they are, indeed rumors. So, instead of following a herd mentality, I'll judge it on what I've seen. 

Keep it up, you are ready to learn, and that's good. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, korbin said:

-/+ leaning to a +1

- very nice person

- good app

- fun to hang around

- have only had good interactions with

- still a new player and forum activity not needed, but recommended 

- people have had problems with you

other than that you have a lot of knowledge towards the rules and your app is very well written

good luck! 🙂

Thank you for the feedback. 💕 I want to continue doing my best and I’ll keep my forum activity up for sure.

4 minutes ago, Chocobo said:

+1

-Is new, but that didn't stop me from getting accepted back in the day

-Holy FUCK that app is THICC

-Have hung out with you a few times, every time you have conducted yourself super professionally and you're super sweet, at least to me.

-"causes drama" (tells it how it is and we need more staff that don't suck dick and just get the job done)

Honestly, I don't care about rumors, because they are, indeed rumors. So, instead of following a herd mentality, I'll judge it on what I've seen. 

Keep it up, you are ready to learn, and that's good. 

I really appreciate the feedback and honesty. I really hope I can prove myself and I hope I’m showing that I’m willing to learn. 💕

+/-

Fairly new and haven't had a lot of interactions

Some of the things you do look very weird but you already cleaned up the gappy situation

Others say you are toxic although I do not know how true that is

also please for the love of god stop responding to every single post made on here with different posts every single time. If you want to respond to all of these posts please do it in one post, you can quote multiple things in one reply.

Edited by Logical®
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, babydumptruck27 said:

new 

heard your toxic in game

-1 for basically what baby said.

• Thanks 1

+1

Even though she's new, I had less hours and got accepted.  I also see her on everyday.

You have a very good app! (Way better than mine.)

I haven't had a single bad interaction with her.

With some work, she could become a very good staff member!

I don't know where the "causes drama" thing comes from, but I can tell that it's false.  She just, as chocobo says, tells it how it is and isn't afraid to speak her mind.  I personally believe she would be a very good asset to the staff team.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babydumptruck27 said:

new 

heard your toxic in game

Agreed -1 My encounters with you have been "ok" but I don't believe you are ready for staff and from what I've heard and seen you can be quite toxic. Am also worried that you can be bias'ed in situations regarding your friends. 

Another thing is how wierd you can be with your job name/ingame name, Yesterday, For example you had your name as Gappy then job as Soft and Wet. And I've also seen textscreens on your base saying you'll say ANYTHING in a loli voice for 10mil, It might not seem as much but it is reminding me of what marble used to do in ooc and in voicechat And I don't think a staff member should act this way at all.

Edited by Shogun4122
  • Like 3

Really New

Toxic

Don't think you're fit for staff

(If you cant make a fading door, I dont know how you are going to tp and do other things)

Edited by Rainbows
To add something Extra
  • Angry 1

@Rainbows @Shogun4122  @Emily @Logical® @babydumptruck27 @JellyThotJinx @Zeezy ✪ @shooshy @NickPl4ys @korbin

If any of you can pm of a specific instance of the toxicity or bad attitude of poyo that would be great.

I am disliking the amount of "I've heard this persons toxic so im -1ing" on applications and I want some actual detailed info privately please. 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rainbows said:

Really New

Toxic

Don't think you're fit for staff

(If you cant make a fading door, I dont know how you are going to tp and do other things)

She DOES know how to make fading doors though.

Edited by Chocobo
Just realised that my joke made zero fucking sense so deleted the whole shit
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

On top of what @Flustered Pigeon stated above, I don't see why so many people are counting "being new" as a negative, if anything this should only be seen as a neutral reason, as long as the player has above the 60 hour requirement they should not be getting responses saying that they are too new for staff. Unless of course by "new" you guys mean that the player hasn't made enough connections with already existing players to be known; which if this is the case, you should state that rather than "too new".

Anyways

+/-

- I haven't personally talked to you/interacted with you

- Good app

- Never seen them in any trouble

Good Luck! 🙂 

Edited by CTW
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+/
+ the little interactions I have had with you were alright
/ somewhat new to server 
/ good application

The main reason why I am giving a neutral vote is mainly due to me not sitting down and talking with you. I do not normally give +1's unless I have talked with the person for a while, not just some short conversations. The reason why the good application portion of my reply is neutral is because you did not explain how you would punish people for rdm, rda and nlr. I am not sure if punishment explanations are required, but if they are then that is why I am not giving your application a positive point. If the punishments are not required, then your application is very good in my opinion. Not much else I can really say, but good luck getting staff.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1