Flustered Pigeon

Month in Review: April

It's definitely been a wild month. You guys are bringing a lot of good things to Ret, I look forward to the updates in May!

• Like 3

Time for a golden age on Ret, so much shit has been done by you guys its amazing. The amount of toxicity being purged with all of these overhauls will definitely make Ret great again!

nice job pigeon, dave, and all of yall staff bois, boi i luv u all

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Time for a golden age on Ret, so much shit has been done by you guys its amazing. The amount of toxicity being purged with all of these overhauls will definitely make Ret great again!

nice job pigeon, dave, and all of yall staff bois, boi i luv u all

Couldn't say it better myself . Great job everyone. :positivesupport

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JellyThotJinx said:

Bruh new logo for ret, I’m hype no cap 

didnt u guys say in the past you were gonna change the logo? What happened with that

we always discuss future plans but we also try and keep a consistent timeline on when to address things. This last month was fully for staff and may is for the community I would make more sense to tackle it now. That way we can update all visual aspects at once. Such as the loading screens,trails,ingame advertising

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fancy Phill said:

bring back hammer

definitely up for consideration. At the same time a theme needs to be made if there soul ever be an expansion of the ret platform. The thing that is a 100% guarantee is the keeping of a purple color palette. Though a slight change in contrast and vibrancy may occur the purple tone will be staying.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there but if there’s anything I can do to help with art or graphic design id be happy to while im not doing extended-user duties 💕 I got my adobe associate certification a while ago so I know my way around most of the programs and stuff. ☺️

• Like 2

new logo sounds fun

cant wait to see the design

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

The amount of toxicity being purged

Damn my kind is now gone.

*Mighty Jungle plays in the background*

8 minutes ago, Roasted said:

Damn my kind is now gone.

*Mighty Jungle plays in the background*

Don't worry, I'm here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poyo said:

Just throwing this out there but if there’s anything I can do to help with art or graphic design id be happy to while im not doing extended-user duties 💕 I got my adobe associate certification a while ago so I know my way around most of the programs and stuff. ☺️

yuh put in the works, 

i've been working with AI and PS for 3 years now for graphic design

On 4/30/2019 at 1:40 AM, Flustered Pigeon said:

As of now I will be posting a review of basically all content added for every month to keep a time stamp and transparency with you guys so you can also know what we were up to and what we will be working on in the future! This will also be a q/a discussion area of anything we've added if you had any questions. But with that here is your month in review!

April 😚

In this month we have worked on and added a lot of cool content for you guys to try out but the main focus of this month was the staff team! We spent the majority of this month making changes to the ranks/layouts/systems that staff use and I will post all changes below.

Work Completed

Community Staples:

• Marki did a fantastic job of porting over the custom class system onto the server
  • Propwhitelisting
    • So far around 100 props have been whitelisted and I still need to go and whitelist the chainlink fences and regular gates.
    • Another 100 or more props will be whitelisted soon
  • Discord Revival
    • Still in the works we will be adding and renovating it more so.

Rank Changes:

• As many of you know we added the rank of trial mod! But not only that every other rank has had some form of change with it also.
    • NEW RANK! Trial Moderator
      • Trial mod will be taking the place of the first rank a staff member can receive as a staff member
      • 12 hr ba
    • INCREASED PERMISSIONS Moderator
      • Ban time increased to 3 days
    • INCREASED PERMISSIONS Administrator
      • Ban time increased to 4 weeks/1 month
    • RE-WORK Senior Administrator
      • Senior is no longer going to be considered a higher-up rank and will now be more of a veteran admin instead.
        • In doing this we won't be tracking activity and these members will be the juggernaut advisers of the staff team in-game. They will be the link in communication for the higher-up team and the rest of the staff team. This is the rank all staff should strive to be and earn.
        • With this change and lowering of permissions we can double the size of the rank itself and really let great admins shine a little better.
    • REMOVED Respected/Trusted/Janitor
      • Trusted/Janitor: these ranks were added for the reason of problems with the staff team in general. These staff ranks sadly incentivized the idea of great staff retiring but keep staff privileges. We want staff to stay as staff and for staple ranks on the server but pseudo ranks were something that were sacrificed for that idea.
      • Respected: This rank was removed to the idea that respect is earned and no rank should be shown for someone to have it. This rank has consistently been argued about and just a hassle in general for a meaningless rank. Just because amazing previous players lose this rank does not mean our respect to them will also disappear.

New Mentoring System:

The Trial-mod period will have 5 STEPS involved with the system what will be over the max time of 20 days.

The Gauntlet though will take place only for around 15 days.

1. Pre Trial-Mod
  2. Stage 1 (3-5 days)
  3. Stage 2 (3-5 days)
  4. Stage 3 (5-7 days)
  5. Post Mentoring/ Review Stage

Pre-Trial Mod

1. Member will apply for staff and will be reviewed by the whole community.
    1. If passed they will be given the mod test
    2. If failed they will be denied and can re-apply in 7 days.
  2. Mod test will be given under higher-up supervision and must have a 75% or higher to pass.
    1. If passed they will be asked to give 3 mentors they would like as their mentors with #1 being priority/then 2/then 3.
      1. If a staff member who retired within 4 months of apply re-applies and scores an 80% or higher they will be given moderator and no mentor given as an option. (Higher-ups can intervene.)
    2. If failed they will be denied and can re-apply in 7 days.
  3. The mentor and mentee will be given notification and the gauntlet will begin.

The Gauntlet (Stage 1)

3-5 days (80% Structure 20% Social) 

1. Mentees will be a given a quick sheet of punishments and commands along with links to the staff handbook and an invitation to the staff-only club channel.
  2. The mentor will give a run down of all staff commands and permissions.
    1. Binds/Powers/Menu/Awarn/Hyrdologs/Extensions/Staff discord
  3. All sits will be conducted with the supervision of the Mentor in which the mentee will watch all sits conducted to learn how to properly collect all logs an evidence during a sit.
  4. Mentees should take the time to learn all staff ranks and members.

The Gauntlet (Stage 2)

3-5 days (40% Structure 60% Social)

1. Mentee will be conducting their sits alone with a mentor spectating.
    1. After the sits are finished the mentor will give a review of how the sit went
  2. The mentee will be quizzed on illegal bases and rules created but the mentor to find any weakness.
  3. Mentees have the ability to take sits when their mentor is not available but will be responsible for their decisions.

The Gauntlet (Stage 3)

5-7 days (10% Structure 90% Social)

1. The mentee will be left completely alone and will be silently spectated by mentors along with higher-ups.
  2. This stage is when mentees should be able to prove their ability to staff independently without help.
  3. This is the mentees final chance to prove they can be trusted with staffing powers.

Post Mentoring/Review Stage

1. Mentees will be given a survey about their mentor and the trial mod system in general.
  2. The 3rd stage of mentoring has not ended until the final review from higher ups has been given.
  3. Higher-ups will be giving the trial-mod a very detailed assessment of their gauntlet period of their strengths and weaknesses along with whether they passed or failed.
    1. If Passed they will be given the rank of moderator and have completed all testing!
    2. If Failed they will have their staff power removed and must wait 2 MONTHS before re-applying.

Staff and mentor only channels:

• Now that the final admin apps were completed in the staff only channel it is going to be hidden and removed from sight. With this we will be taking advantage of the new club system to schedule events and staff meetings!
  • Admin applications are now using the recommendation following these requirements:
    • Must have AT LEAST 150 hours in-game.
    • Must have held a Moderator position for minimum 1 week.
    • 3 recommendations before applying.
  • Reworking of moderator and Admin tests

Staff Activity:

• We doubled the staff team size
  • Staff team is now very active and a super strong fantastico group of members! (Proud of em)
  • Though staff inactivity is still in the works we are trying are hardest to continually make staffing as fun as possible!

Plans for May

Now that staff has been mainly fixed we will now be hard focusing on fully reworking and fixing community issues/look/forum activity! In the coming month expect these updates to be coming soon!

• New Ret logo and vectors!
  • New loading screens!
  • The addition of the trading club!
  • New menu layouts and advertisement of forums in-game!
  • Placebo buffs to forum activity!

Our main plan is to finish up all manual systems before summer starts and the burst of players comes in! I would expect to see a lot of old players + new ones coming in at the end of the month so get excited!

Personal Comments:

I haven't really said it to everyone but I want to thank all you guys including Jouaram and the other higher-ups for having so much trust in what we're doing. The amount of support and awesome community members over the past 2 months is fantastic and now even amazing old players are coming in to join the new bloods also. It's been a long time since I've seriously enjoyed ret and all you guys are what makes it so enjoyable not only for me but for every player who joins in the future.

:HBCheeky: Thank you

i like this,, for the fact that you telling what your doing and when you doing things it gives us a lot to look forward to

Looking back at my time as staff, mentoring was kinda different for all of us, and i’m glad that new staff coming in will all be taught in the same way, instead of ending up with one staff member being mentored better than others (before you say i’m chatting shit informer was a fat mentor 😎)

3 hours ago, palmer said:

Looking back at my time as staff, mentoring was kinda different for all of us, and i’m glad that new staff coming in will all be taught in the same way, instead of ending up with one staff member being mentored better than others (before you say i’m chatting shit informer was a fat mentor 😎)

So what interesting is that this system actually encourages mentors to train under pretty wide guidelines. This system allows me tees to choose a strict or lenient mentor while also allowing the mentor to adapt their own customized form of teaching to the system.

the system is actually more of a helpful guide and form of logging for all mentees so us as higher ups can keep up to date on all new staff

• Like 1

I'm blown away by the amount of dedication that you guys put into the new systems, I'm excited to see what you'll do in the future.  Makes me want to get on that grind 💪💪

@palmer Just to add to what @Flustered Pigeon was saying, I’ve been in the system for 2 days and I can say that it’s definitely a good system for people to learn at their own pace. A couple of us have taken our time really getting the feel of everything, and some of us have gone right into it (with our mentors permission) and done it that way. It really depends on your mentor and it’s great that you get to choose 3 with one as your first choice. I can’t really say anything for the other tmods but in my opinion the system is doing its job to let us work independently while getting the assistance/learning we need.

• Like 1