SlickDean

SlickDean's Moderator Application

• In-Game Name: SlickDean
  • Timezone: UTC +1
  • Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:419868883
  • Steam Profile (Link)https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198800003494/
  • Hours on the server: 74-79
  • Times Active: It could vary usually 3-12 hours daily.
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: With 300 hours on Garry's Mod, the majority of the time being on DarkRP, I would absolutely love to be an admin because i love helping out the community and making the server a better place against RDM, RDA, and NLR I have been an admin on a few different server's I am not on one right now though, It just makes me feel good when i am an admin always helping the server that i'm on.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?: Absolutely 
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes, its always nice to have someone to help you with a situation that you do not understand or need help with
  • Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: Absolutely 

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: [How can you find the source of the prop spam? How do you determine what is or isn't prop spam?]

My Response: The moment I seem to detect server lag lasting longer than usual I use the (freeze all props) command and immediately check logs to see if a players repeatedly spawned multiple props in a short period of time and then I would go to that person that was spawning the props then, If I see just a player spawning props together to intentionally crash the server to be a dick then, id issue the 1 day max ban and talk to higher up ranks about the issue so it can situated then be extended to what they feel like should be necessary.

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": [What process do you take to make sure the player fixes the issue(s) with their base? What if the player refuses or ignores you altogether?]

My Response: I personally would go to the owner of the base and bring the player that reported it, and have him show what part of the base which he thinks is illegal, If the base was actually illegal i would bring the person that made the base into a sit along with the person that complained, Therefore i would check their warns to see if they have made an illegal base before, and go from there. If the player has had no previous warns about base abuse, I would point out the problems with said base and ask the player to fix it and just give a verbal warning then put into into his warns for the verbal warning, If he has had any previous warns against fail bases then i would bring him to a remote rooftop so no one can bother him and he cant bother anyone then i would jail him then issue a 10 hour ban and a warn against another fail base.

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: [Example of staff abuse? What process do you take to stop it? Do you get higher ups involved, or would you talk to the staff member yourself? Both? Neither?]

Examples of Staff Abuse: Soundpulserino (noclipping) into another player's base and killing him or her and there printer's

Sully punishing anther player for raiding/stealing from his base even though they weren't following RP rules.

My Response: If I caught a fellow staff member exploiting/abusing their power, I would pretend like I didn't see anything at first, but then i would secretively spectate them and record it if they did it again i would talk to a higher up rank and discuss and show what happened and then confront the person with the higher up and deal with the situation.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: [What do you do if a player doesn't like your judgement of the sit? What do you do if they start downright insulting you?]

My Response: If a player doesn't like my judgement made while during the sit, id let them know why I made the decision that I did and that they can go to the fourms and post a complaint there to discuss it, if they start to harass and insult me for it I would just simply calm them down for a minute and get the person then to talk before sending them back.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: [What is RDM/RDA and NLR? How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?]

My Response: In the case of someone Mass RDMing/RDAing (A player killing or arresting massive groups of players at a time without a proper reason) I would teleport and jail the player at my position and ask them what is going on and why they're doing this. After talking to the player about why they did it and why they are in the wrong, I would check their warn list, add a warn for Mass RDM (or RDA if that's the case) along with how many times they have done this, and issue a 12 hour ban while notifying a higher up to extend the ban to a proper length whether that be a day, a week or even permanently.

For NLR (Returning to the place you last died within the 5 minute NLR timer, potentially with info gathered from last life), If a player is constantly breaking NLR If the player that died and keeps coming back to the place that he died at or harassing the player that killed him I would instantly TP to that person and freeze/jail and talk why they keep coming back to where they died or harassing the player that killed them, then i would check their warns if they didn't have warns against NLR breaking in the past i would jail them and nicely tell them to read motd for the rules and warn them, given they have had warns in the past for NLR i would warn and jail, then ban for a day then ask a higher up to extend the ban for how ever they feel.

Edited by SlickDean