Jump to content
BeesCantFly

Basing Rules are Unfairly Restrictive

Recommended Posts

The recently created basing rules are severely restricting how basing can be built, almost to a level of absurdity.
Some examples of these rules include:

  •     No transparent props in front of shooting windows
  •     No bases in CC spawn (garage door building, buildings near the spawn area)
  •     No two shooting windows (parralel) in one hallway
  •     No more than three right/left turns
  •     Raiders must be able to make a complete jump within the base

These are just the rules I and others have heard from staff.
Please note that while none of these have been added to the MOTD, they have been enforced.
It has been hard to get a complete list, since some staff members don't seem to know the whole set either, showing a clear lack of communication between staff and players, and between staff members.
This is completely unfair to builders, as it completely negates the effect of many-to-most designs, forcing redesigns or completely new builds.
With the rate these rules have been created, it feels like a race trying to keep up with the higher-ups whims.
The insane range of Remote Fading Door Bombs and the ability to use multiple of RFDBs/FDBs at a time already restricts base designs to a small fraction of the map, if you don't want all of your entrance fading doors to be openable from the outside.
While I get that these rules are meant to make raiding more fair to the raiders, the point of bases is to favor the defenders as much as possible.

In conclusion, the new basing rules created by higher staff are unfair to builders, negate many widely-used base designs and strategies, and restrict the building of effective bases to an even smaller list of buildings than before.

P.S. To better illustrate my point about RFDBs and FDBs, please watch the following short video, demonstrating their respective ranges.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New basing rules are ass just saying +1 for the revert 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree.

I feel like the basing rules need to be looked over, more known between the staff members. The amount of disagreement all the staff have with the basing rules is insane. Obviously the MOTD in its entirety needs to be looked at. The most recent rule staff have started enforcing was the "Players must be able to do a complete jump", and that was close to never being enforced. Currently all bases are in favor of raiders and the playing field is not even for the defenders. I think base builders in general should have less restrictions on what they want to build. Pretty much all base dupes at this point are illegal due to staff members not knowing/caring about whats stated in the MOTD. Many base mechanics are now illegal because of location requirements, along with other restrictions. Some of these rules are not agreed with other staff members. This leads to some staff members enforcing things and others not enforcing things because they either don't agree with the rule, or its not stated in the MOTD, or even because they just don't know about it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 it is super restricting when building bases at time and some places are harder to build in and those Remote Fading Door Bombs are insane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VAPE NAYSH YALL said:

+1 bases are just unfair for new players or non experienced players, you need binded drugs to even complete a raid against large partys, etc.

This gave me autism.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest no cap great decision

plasma rifle n icarus shotguns 2 

very very very very very evry much agree

world door thing also but that rule is good

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 I do agree here that the basing rules are kinda restrictive.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

bases are too hard to make now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VAPE NAYSH YALL said:

oof

You posting that means you didn't read the thread at all and are just necroposting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also +1 this. Basing rules are getting out of hand and enforcing them is horrible.

Let's go back to the simple basing rules like it used to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest binoo
2 minutes ago, Guest no cap great decision said:

plasma rifle n icarus shotguns 2 

very very very very very evry much agree

world door thing also but that rule is good

+1

this is binoo btw didnt realize i wasnt logged in also bases are like almost always C shaped in some way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to agree that as a staff member, i'm tired of being the bad guy when i have to tell someone something is against the rules when it isn't in the motd or is just extremely vague. the new trial mods are looked at as hardasses, but we all do what we were taught. i think a lot of the rules in the motd currently are somewhat silly, and i believe that raiding should be a challenge based on skill to some extent, not the size of your party like it currently is. that's just my thoughts on it though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 the fact that you need jump high in bases is a bit much and really forces players with low prop limit to donate 
I think its a useless uneeded addition to bases that dont require people to jump to get through it.  
I think zig zag bases rule should be changed IMMEDIATELY!! The only good and efficient way to make a base is to make them walk through hallways and a good amount of them and i think you should have the ability to have more than 3 horizontal hallways as long as they are not directly next to each other!!!  If thats not the rout you wanna take i think making the zigzag limit more lenient, maby bumping it to 4-5.

ALSO PLEASE MAKE THE BASING RULES FOLLOW ABLE WITHOUT UNSEARCHABLE STAFF RULES
Please consider.  ❤️ Noodle

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest binoo
5 minutes ago, Noodle ~ said:

+1 the fact that you need jump high in bases is a bit much and really forces players with low prop limit to donate 
I think its a useless uneeded addition to bases that dont require people to jump to get through it.  
I think zig zag bases rule should be changed IMMEDIATELY!! The only good and efficient way to make a base is to make them walk through hallways and a good amount of them and i think you should have the ability to have more than 3 horizontal hallways as long as they are not directly next to each other!!!  If thats not the rout you wanna take i think making the zigzag limit more lenient, maby bumping it to 4-5.

ALSO PLEASE MAKE THE BASING RULES FOLLOW ABLE WITHOUT UNSEARCHABLE STAFF RULES
Please consider.  ❤️ Noodle

+10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basing rules are complicated. On one hand, we can't make it a breeze to raid. On the other hand, we can't just allow bases to be near impossible to raid.

I think it would be nice if some things could be explained a little better, but there's even a reason that that is the way it is.

Currently, I'm quite fine with them the way they are. That being said, I don't base very often, so I'm not the best person to give an opinion on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay here's my real post:

Honestly I think most people want basing to be super easy but it shouldn't, I personally think that basing should be more skill then anything and that the raider shouldn't have the easiest time but should win more than they did (When I was playing). Basers already have their whole base, with the knowledge of the layout and they should have a pretty good time defending. When I played it was just defenders win 24/7 because of massive groups and everything and everyone gets angry now because they actually lose their printers sometimes? I'd rather see raiding have a better advantage than raiding because of how much players abuse that old system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Byte said:

Basing rules are complicated. On one hand, we can't make it a breeze to raid. On the other hand, we can't just allow bases to be near impossible to raid.

I think it would be nice if some things could be explained a little better, but there's even a reason that that is the way it is.

Currently, I'm quite fine with them the way they are. That being said, I don't base very often, so I'm not the best person to give an opinion on this.

It will never be completely clear if raiding is "easy" or "hard" with the given set of rules.
While the base's design contributes a lot to whether a raid is successful, it also depends a lot on the players, and their skills and weapons.
The main frustration a lot of players are experiencing is the need to constantly update bases based on the new rules, despite them not being listed anywhere.
It's really upsetting to spend hours designing a good base that could be used by a party full of people, just to have it shot down by rules you've never heard of.
Especially when those rules are as contrary to nearly every idea of good base design that have been developed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BIG +1 REVERT BASING RULES THAT DON'T EXIST AND HAVEN'T BEEN ADDED

 

Imagine the idea that the reason these rules were brought up and put into consideration is that basing rules are currently being reworked and nothing is set in stone.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeesCantFly said:

It will never be completely clear if raiding is "easy" or "hard" with the given set of rules.
While the base's design contributes a lot to whether a raid is successful, it also depends a lot on the players, and their skills and weapons.
The main frustration a lot of players are experiencing is the need to constantly update bases based on the new rules, despite them not being listed anywhere.
It's really upsetting to spend hours designing a good base that could be used by a party full of people, just to have it shot down by rules you've never heard of.
Especially when those rules are as contrary to nearly every idea of good base design that have been developed.

Alright, that makes more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Logical® said:

Honestly I think most people want basing to be super easy but it shouldn't, I personally think that basing should be more skill then anything and that the raider shouldn't have the easiest time but should win more than they did (When I was playing). Basers already have their whole base, with the knowledge of the layout and they should have a pretty good time defending. When I played it was just defenders win 24/7 because of massive groups and everything and everyone gets angry now because they actually lose their printers sometimes? I'd rather see raiding have a better advantage than raiding basing because of how much players abuse that old system.

I agree that basing shouldn't be easy, but it isn't, even without the above rules.
But there is no limit to how many times you can try to raid a base, only that it has to be every 20 minutes.
It only takes a raid or two for you to mostly "get" the design of a base.
Despite how massive large parties of players seem to be, usually only a small portion of those players are active, and a smaller portion actively defending the base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...