Jouaram

Update Blog - 25/08/2019

Update Blog - 25/08/2019

The following changes are now live on the server: 

What's New?:

• Health/Armor and weapon overhaul 
    • The maximum health you can now obtain is 175. 
    • The maximum armor you can now obtain is 125. 
    • All weapons have been balanced around the above values, there should be minimal affects on gun-play however it makes more sense gameplay wise on how to obtain said values. 
      • All basic healing items such as medkits, med vape, icarus SMG and dispensers heal you to 150 health maximum. 
      • All basic armor healing items such as armorkits and dispensers heal you to 100 armor maximum. 
      • You can obtain 175 health by using a health drug and 125 armor with an armor drug or by using a stimpack. 
      • The only exemption to this is Police's gear upgrade which now sets them to 175/150. 
  • Money has been removed from RTD and drug lab mufflers, police scan jammers, stimpacks and remote fading door bombs have been moved down to common/white quality.
  • The green/uncommon tier will now be used for cosmetics. Currently there are 24 new uncommon trails to obtain from RTD.
  • 27 rare trails have been added to the Cosmetic vendor in the same style as the old mystery trails, collect them all!

The above changes in relation to hp/armor and gun changes are in place to stop the average new player from assuming too much just based off hp/armor values, with these lower values new players shouldn't feel as intimidated when starting off.

Stimpacks game-play wise before made little sense in that a stimpack was stronger than any other methods whilst also being unobtainable other than through RTD or a vendor at spawn, this is gross and has been changed so that items you can work towards (armor, hp drugs) actually have a use and aren't out-scaled by an rng reward from rtd. 

I will be monitoring how the value squish affects gameplay and make sure to quickly fix any issues that arise such as over-tuned or under-tuned weapons - ideally players won't notice a difference other than the actual numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Cool 1

I really like this change, I also felt stims were extremely broken, and this honestly makes the production of drugs actually mean something now, and also might encourage the selling of them too. I still personally can't wait for some other things, but it's 7 and I can't think, but I look forward to seeing how this will affect things long term.

Guest poyo

I’m super excited for all of this, especially the new trails. Working on them was so fun and I’d do it again.

If anyone notices any problems with any of them or anything please let me know and I can see if they need visual fixes but I hope everyone enjoys them.

1 hour ago, TINKERPOOTIS said:

Is there a list somewhere of what trails were added?

Not at the moment, but i'm sure we can get poyo to post them via discord or forums.

5 hours ago, Jouaram said:

Update Blog - 25/08/2019

The following changes are now live on the server:

• Money has been removed from RTD and drug lab mufflers, police scan jammers, stimpacks and remote fading door bombs have been moved down to common/white quality.

48aefad308.png
Today I learned green is white.

Edited by Akatsuki

Guest Prawn

I’m excited for the rtd now that the money is now gone it was annoying to get so I’m excited to get on and play also with the health and armor that will be fun since it was super high but now seems to be a normal levels 

Honestly, aside from the odd gun or two becoming kinda overpowered, the health/armor change is a very good change. Personally I feel like this widens up the gun sandbox a little bit as some of the weak weapons feel viable now instead of just having a permanent "body perm" status which is very good, technically nothing really changed it just feels like it has, this just looks more appealing to new players coming to ret since they feel more comfortable seeing normal health values instead of them thinking that everyone is a literal walking tank with almost both 300 HP/AP :omegalul:

The only issues ive noticed (that are either fixed or being worked on) is Food overhealing and dumpster food not despawning, aside from that the update seems to have gone smoothly. Definitely looking forward to more changes B)

I think it is worth mentioning that the S.T.A.R Rifle got a major buff and is kind of overpowered. It kills in two shots to the head and I don't know if this buff was intentional or not. There is no point in using the S.T.A.R Pistol now...