Frank Sinatra

What's your opinion about EA and the games they release?

Do you think they are a scummy company? Should I even buy their games anymore? I am on the fence about whether I should even buy games from them anymore considering their shady past, so I would like to ask you guys about it.

Edited by Frank Sinatra

EA is a meme for how stingy and greedy they are and it fuqing works. I don't buy their games personally 

• Like 1

They are like the Wal-Mart brand Disney of video games. They buy out smaller studios that put out certain kinds of games that are well-received, force them to make a different kind of game while demanding they find a way to put micro transactions into it, then fire everyone when the game inevitably flops. They are just a place where good studios are sold to be slaughtered. At least Disney makes good products at the end of the day. 

EA has published some fantastic games and franchises, many of which I personally enjoy, such as the SimCity games as well as Battlefield to name a couple.

That being said, they're a greedy scumbag company and I don't support that side of them at all.

At the end of the day, unless they begin doing truly unspeakable things, I'll still buy a game published from them that I think I'll enjoy, especially if it's a more multiplayer-oriented game. Of course, if it's mostly singleplayer based, or the multiplayer doesn't appeal to me too much, I may or may not find other ways to enjoy the game. 😉

That being said, it should really be up to you whether you continue to buy from them or not. I don't have the greatest morals of all-time, and really don't mind buying games from them if I like them, but you may feel morally obligated to avoid doing so.

EA fucked up alot of things and id rather that they not be involved in the gaming industry. all they do is set a bad example for their competitors and ruin gaming for all. 

source.gif

Everything before Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2011 is great, then everything after that is shit. Except BF1, but they took too long with the DLCs, 1 year for a DLC, nah fam. The last good NFS was Hot Pursuit 2011, The best Fifa was 2014, The Best BF was Bad Company 2, or 3, and they are ruining everything rn, even the NFS franchise. 

They turned battlefront 2 into a slot machine, then made gender field five, a “realistic” ww2 shooter (then bitched when they were called out). And now there’s Jedi fallen order, and it looks like a Force Unleashed clone (with no surprise mechanics being a selling point). 

https://mobile.twitter.com/eastarwars/status/1116917677115760640

Most big companies are like this now, biggest one is Bethesda. Which is why I wouldn’t pre-order DOOM eternal, seems too good to true.

overall, just wait for user reviews, and make sure to actually read them as it’s EA, they’re going to be bombed. I’d say the same for epic exclusives too.

Absolute beyond scum, specifically targeting children,promoting and contracting you tubers who have a younger fan base, deceptive business practices,trying to put other companies out of business and the list continues. DON NOT buy from them it's just promoting the giant to make worse and worse games. if you absolutely HAVE to buy SSX Tricky 2001 for the PS2 BAY BEE