Lemon©

Staff App 9/9/19

[Lemon©]'s Moderator Application

• In-Game Name: Lemon© 
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:107501974
  • Steam Profile (Link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lemonboiii/
  • Hours on the server: 492
  • Times Active: Weekdays 4-8:30 Weekends: 12pm-3am (Breaks in-between)
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I want to be a moderator as I made the stupid mistake of resigning to quickly and trying to move on, before falling back into the server. I want to be a mod again as I have previous experience, I have great communication skills and I can deal with players who are not complying, or listening to me. I believe I should also be a moderator as I'm extremely active, and I try to be involved in the community.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?: Yes I have read the rules fully, and I want to enforce them.
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I am willing to go through the t-mod phase again if needed with a mentor.
  • Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: Yes I will be on several hours of the week.
  • SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: Finding the source of propspam I would first check logs, logs can be very helpful when finding props as there is a section dedicated to newly spawned, and de-spawned props. I can see a player who is excessively spawning random props tp to the player to see if it is prop spam or if they're pasting down a base with different objects that may look like propspam. After I locate the player I will determine propspam by looking at the surrounding area and going through a mental checklist, are the props being randomly spawned? Are they unfrozen, and how many are being spawned. After I determine if it is propspam I will bring the player to a sit area, tell them why they're being permanently banned, and ban them accordingly while filing for an extension.

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": When players complain of an illegal base I first go to the base, and before talking to the owner I will check the base, put down what is actually illegal about the base, and then proceed to talk to the player. I will talk to the player about the parts that need fixed, and why they need fixed as I will reference what the MOTD states. If the player tries to argue that their base isn't illegal I will listen to what they have to say, as perspective on both sides is what matters. Once they explain why it isn't illegal. I will then proceed to tell them that the MOTD states that it is not allowed. If they do not comply, and further the conversation getting angrier as they go I will kick the player. If they fix the base, I will warn/ban them for the illegal base, and move on.

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: Staff abuse to put it simply could be gagging, freezing, muting, gimping other players without any reason. I will first approach the staff member, and ask why are they using their powers like this? If they answer and they try to explain that they were just having fun, and they were trying to get a laugh. I will tell them to stop as the other players are not finding what is happening funny, they are not laughing. I will then take the proof I have and send it to a higher-up. If a higher-up is on the server I will message them to look into the situation and go from there.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: If a player doesn't like my judgement I will re-think my judgement, go throughout all the evidence, and make a new warn if possible. I want to have a safe environment for people to have fun, and for people to be able to enjoy themselves. If they begin to get angry with me I will stay calm knowing that they're trying to get a rise out of me. I will calmly tell them that they need to calm down, and that the warn isn't that excessive and how the sit would go faster and their punishment will go by faster if they just stay calm. If they start screaming over me, and are not listening to what I'm saying, I will mute, and or gag them as I want them to listen to what I'm saying.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: RDM: Random Deathmatch, RDM is when a player kills a person without reason. Ex: Lemon kills Lime because he thinks that Lime is not on his level. I will bring both players to a sit, and go through the evidence. Warn the person who needs warns accordingly, and move on with my day. RDA: Random Arrest, RDA happens when a person with a government class arrests somebody for no reason, without the player being wanted, or without the officer having a warrant. I would bring once again both players to a sit go through all the evidence I have, warn the player'(s) and move on. NLR: New Life Rule. NLR means that everything that happens before you died doesn't apply to what is happening now. (Hits not included). I will first NLR check the player(s) and see if they are returning to the spot to try and engage in a roleplay situation. I will bring both players, ask their sides of the stories, warn accordingly, and the sit will end after I explain the punishments and the punishments are given.

(Additional Comments): I made a big mistake. I resigned to early, and I regret it. I wish that I explained a bit more on why I wanted to leave but then fell back into the server. If this does get accepted I wish to be a functioning member of the staff team. Thank you for reading. Have a great day.

~Your Friendly Citrus

Lemon

• Haha 1

1. While you're free to resign at any time, you will still be subject to a 30 DAY WAIT to reapply (from the resignation date).

While you are still subject to this rule I still highly believe you are still perfect for staff +1

Spoiler

I think you would be good staff again and your staff app is great so +1 and what demon said that you don’t have to wait since everything was wiped but there is one thing of you sticking around you do leave a lot so it would be nice if you stayed longer 

Edited by Prawn

The Biggest +1 ever

-the friendliest person in the server. 

-knows his rules

-past staff

-and will even let you party abuse. 

-lemon i told you not to resign, that you were ok with keeping staff and not playing for a week. Smh lemon, you poop. One more week, and we will be in the same position. 

-/+

Honestly lemon you’re a really nice kid, and I know you’re a good staff member but you just left the staff team like a couple of weeks ago. You had left a while ago when you had a staff app too. No one knows if you’re actually going to stay this time and that’s why I can’t fully +1 you, because I don’t know if your actually gonna stay this time.

You have great activity though, on all platforms, and you never cause any trouble. 

It’d be nice to see you back on the staff team, but hopefully you stay longer then you did before.

Good luck!

Edited by korbin
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, korbin said:

-/+

Honestly lemon you’re a really nice kid, and I know you’re a good staff member but you just left the staff team like a couple of weeks ago. You had left a while ago when you had a staff app too. No one knows if you’re actually going to stay this time and that’s why I can’t fully +1 you, because I don’t know if your actually gonna stay this time.

You have great activity though, on all platforms, and you never cause any trouble. 

It’d be nice to see you back on the staff team, but hopefully you stay longer then you did before.

Good luck!

I agree with Korbin

+\- It’s so hard to believe when you’re actually going to stay and when you aren’t. you had a staff app up and you left. you had staff for a while and you left again. now you’re back and once again applying for staff. you are a great staff member, don’t get me wrong but please for the love of god make up your mind

• Like 6

I would really want to +1 this cause I heard you were a great staff

But if you keep going inactive around your periods of staff, maybe you don't really enjoy staff. Hopefully that isn't true cause you are a good staff member and it would be good to have you back in the community but I'ma +/- for now.

Might change later if I see you on a lot

App is also solid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, korbin said:

-/+

Good luck!

I also agree with korbin

Edited by Rainbows

+1

Based on the wipes, I'm gonna wipe the fact that you just up and left from my mind. I think your application is great still, you have good activity overall, I like you as a player, you never cause trouble, and you have good community support on you for being good prior staff and I can agree with that.

Stay longer this time, I think you'll make a good addition.

+/-

I do believe you would be a good staff member due to your experience as one, as well a pretty good application 

My only issue is, you have recently resigned and it’s barely been anytime since that. I understand you do want to become a staff member again, but maybe the reason you resigned will appear again? I’d recommend waiting out, then attempting at a staff application again.

+1

Sure, why not? I've seen you on almost everyday within the last week, you are a nice guy and I haven't had any problems with you. Just try not to jump the gun again. 

+1

When I was around you were consistently active and did a decent job as staff. While you did receive a strike before and it is forgiven I still believed you were a positive asset to the staff team in general. Leaving because of the negative space and little content being added previously you shouldn't be blamed for. You joining back is because of all the unbans and new content which sparks that activity again. Whether resigning again or not I think it would only be a benefit to see you as staff again.

I changed my mind about my response.

I'm going to give a +1 because i thought that you were a good staff member and i could see the best in you going to work in sits.

I feel like since you left then came back again, what's the big deal? Nothing mentally changed about you and you staff good so i don't see why it's a problem.

-Good Application

-Play on the server and you will be good

-Friendly and Nice 

-Active on forums / In-game

Good luck!

38 minutes ago, tig ole bitties said:

-Yeah you got a strike but so be it, I think you can over come that and better yourself.

Lemon never got a strike, don't think we ever had issues with him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveThe2nd said:

Lemon never got a strike, don't think we ever had issues with him

I was kinda confused about that because I was never told that I was getting a strike thanks for clearing that up.