News Ticker
  • 👻👻👻 20% off all packages during this spooky October! Grab great deals with this limited sale! 👻👻👻
Vladimir Kosachoff

Vladimir Kosachoff Application

Vladimir's Moderator Application

• In-Game Name: Vladimir Kosachoff
  • Timezone: NA-West, PST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:199041934
  • Steam Profile (Link): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198358349596/ ( relatively new steam as my old was hacked )
  • Hours on the server: 61( my old steam had some too but that doesn't count) 
  • Times Active: 2-6 hours a day ( can do more ) 5-7 days a week
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I feel some of my biggest attributes is communication, understanding people and work ethic. Sure you could say why is work ethic relevant in a video game, but as a moderator you have to be on your toes and be ready for anything. I also am a great team person as i have played team sports my entire life, and have a very good knowledge on how a good team works, and how a bad one can ruin it all. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?:  Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes 100%!! I've had experience as an admin before but i want to learn from retributions own .
  • Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: I'm getting bored of Rp'ing right now so i would most likely always been on duty if i was to be on.

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam:

To discover the prop spam I would first check the logs. The logs are the quickest method to discover who is spamming the props I will then teleport to the individual, and see what they're really doing on the ) I would then investigate the situation as every other, unbiased and see what is going on. If i feel the player is building a base quickly or if i feel in fact the props are being spammed without any means of actual RP, i would go ahead an issue an appropriate ban.  

People begin to complain about an "illegal base":

If we were receiving complaints about a player having an illegal base I would first teleport to the player that called for the sit and have them explain to me what happened. After that and hearing the story i would go ahead and TP to the base.  If there was to be any blatant issues like more than 3 fading doors or an obvious height advantage i would instruct the player to fix the issues. I would give him some time before shortly returning to  make sure all necessary changes have been made to the based.  When the player is done fixing the base I would inform the player that called the sit all is good and we all move forward!

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: 

First  off, if any member was to be abusing his/her powers they would be letting down the whole team. Abuse is something i take very personally for reasons outside of this game, people with power have been given it for a reason, they were trusted. I would immediately take a screen shot or have my OBS running and would inform higher ups immediately. It is a situation where i would confront the individual but if he or she refuses to hear me out i would have no choice but to go to higher up. Regardless if they heard me out or not, a report would be made to higher up!

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit:

If a player is being uncooperative in a sit i would do any of the following based on the severity of the situation. If a player is yelling/mic spamming or being offensive to anyone involved in the sit they would be muted/gagged so i can properly handle the sit. I prefer a sit where both sides get equal opportunity to speak and each player is to respect that and if they aren't willing to we proceed accordingly. If the situation is too much i will gladly call for a higher up to come help calm down both parties. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

"RDM" Is Random Death Match, otherwise called haphazardly executing individuals or arbitrarily getting murdered by somebody that had no reason for doing as such. RDM could be stacked while getting cautioned dependent on the murder count. Model: You leave your house and get executed for reasons unknown on the street, the individual that is murdered may call a sit for RDM. 

"RDA" Is Random Arrest, this is the point at which somebody captures you for reasons unknown. This could happen when a Swat part or Police Officer captures somebody when they don't have motivation to. Model: You are walking past spawn while having the build menu up you  get arrested for no evident reason, you should then utilize the @ visit to call a staff part to fix the circumstance. 

"NLR" Is New life Rule, this is the standard saying that you may not come back to your place of death in your new life for 5min least. Model: You just killed somebody attempting to attack your base, a moment later a similar player returns to your base and kills you, you may call a sit for NLR as the player didn't hold up 5 minutes and furthermore didn't hang tight for the Raid Timer. 

Deciding whether somebody is defying these guidelines is very basic. In the event that somebody called a sit for RDM/RDA/NLR I would basically take the sit and check logs for the individual associated with disrupting one of these norms. On the off chance that the player broke one or a few of these principles I would take the right activities I feel 

(Additional Comments):I just want to say thank you to anyone who goes over this! Retribution has become an escape for me and i really enjoy playing with everyone oscreamwazzzup.jpgn here!~ i want to be a helping hand for retribution because i hated having times in my timezone especially when no staff were on!

• Like 3

Ok so im going to +1 this because your app is really good and that past experience can come in handy also you seem to know the rules well from your app one problem with it tho is that height advantage is allowed on this server also you can have 4 fading props but everything else looks good 

On 9/15/2019 at 2:03 PM, moozeknuckle31 said:

an obvious height advantage

• Like 1

+1

meet you in game the other day and you seem pretty friendly as well as your app is good apart from the already mentioned issues I think you do good as staff

• Like 1

+1 

-Looks like a good App

-Seems pretty chill

-Friendly af

-You only need to have a bit of more forums activity, and youre good to go 

:) 

• Like 1

+1

• Good Activity
  • Very nice personality
  • Named Vlad

Seems like the type of guy who is willing to learn and is very trustworthy.

Edited by VladTheImpaler
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, VenoM said:

-1 Too Little fourm activity

Agreed!! I know my forum activity is a bit low. But ever since I became serious for staff and realized forum activity was needed, haven't gone a day not on it! I plan to be very active in the community whether or not i get the role. Like i had mentioned earlier, for you all that play with me it means a lot, going through stuff right now an retribution has been an awesome place for me to just escape some madness. 

thanks for the feedback venom!

just hit the hour requirements

little to no forum activity 

haven't seen ingame/interacted with player

Edited by Unknownspy❄️
  • Like 2

-Haven't seen much in-game

-Little forum activity

-Just hit server requirements with little activity in-game

-Nice guy

-Super chill and friendly

-Could help out a lot

Overall just giving this a minus one for some of the negatives like no in-game or forum activity

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skill Gambino said:

Overall just giving this a minus one for some of the negatives like no in-game or forum activity

Thank you for taking the time to look at my app! I appreciate it man!

2 minutes ago, Skill Gambino said:

with little activity in-game

side note, in my probably total 80 hours on the server (including both acc) i haven't once gone afk to farm for more then like 10 mins for a bathroom break. I loved to RP and now im just looking to see what else i can do, especially in the nature of helping!

-/+

The only real problem you have with your app is the illegal base part. Prawn already explained it, so try and go over the basing rules to get a better understanding of them.

I think you should just get some more activity on forums so that players get a better understanding of who you are. I think you're hours in game are perfectly fine, and it shouldn't be seen as a negative. Personally I haven't interacted with you yet, but you do seem like a nice guy. 

I feel like you could be a pretty good staff member because you have an understanding of how it's like to be one. So don't give up!

Also try responding to people in 1 message, instead of individual responses.

Good luck! 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unknownspy❄️ said:

just hit the hour requirements

little to no forum activity 

haven't seen ingame/interacted with player

1 hour ago, Skill Gambino said:

-Haven't seen much in-game

-Little forum activity

-Just hit server requirements with little activity in-game

-Nice guy

-Super chill and friendly

-Could help out a lot

When I applied I had only just hit the hour requirements as well, didn’t get a minus one and got accepted? I don’t think only just hitting hour requirements should be a reason to -1 when I didn’t get a -1 for it 

although I was extremely active around staff members and interacting with others

Edited by TasteTheRainbow
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

When I applied I had only just hit the hour requirements as well, didn’t get a minus one and got accepted? I don’t think only just hitting hour requirements should be a reason to -1 when I didn’t get a -1 for it 

although I was extremely active around staff members and interacting with others

I also did a minus one because there's mixed opinions and im not too sure and haven't seen him much in-game. I can tell you it wasn't just that reason though

I haven't seen you much in game/ Interacting much with the community
Illegal Base Part seems a bit off
Hours In game a bit low 
Forum Activity is low
If I were you I would use the feedback in this application to use towards you to get more of those juicy +1's

1 hour ago, Akatsuki said:

All of your forum activity is from the past 3 days, posting low-effort comments on threads looks bad.
Especially just to raise forum activity.

https://retributionrp.org/index.php?/profile/5759-moozeknuckle31/&tab=activity

i mean looking at his activity on the forums the comments are not really that low effort considering what he was posting on and compared to others it looks normal also

6 minutes ago, Borky said:

I haven't seen you much in game/ Interacting much with the community
Illegal Base Part seems a bit off
Hours In game a bit low 
Forum Activity is low
If I were you I would use the feedback in this application to use towards you to get more of those juicy +1's

taste the rainbow had 69 hours when he got accepted so i dont see the point for having that as a -1 reason seems kinda stupid also to add a point for both of these Taste the rainbows activity was not so solid he has 2 pages just like mooze here and the first page he wouldn't comment on anything for weeks but right before he was going to apply he had started to be more active i would say he was less active then mooze so i dont see the point of using that when he wasn't spamming posts and how most of his posts are normal posts also last of all people mess up in apps now he knows the right rules for basing and he might just not be on when you are, that's all 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

well the reason why i said -1 is because i think he should get some more hours and get to know more people in the community and get atleast 100+ hrs 

3 hours ago, Unknownspy❄️ said:

well the reason why i said -1 is because i think he should get some more hours and get to know more people in the community and get atleast 100+ hrs 

This whole reason is stupid, him knowing people for part of the reason you -1ing is like what does him knowing people have to do with him being staff, him knowing people can create biases so even if he doesn’t know that many people he would be the same or even better in a sit because warns explain how that person acts and he literally said with both of his accounts he has about 80 hours and still getting to know more people in the community is like so retarded who cares if he doesn’t know everyone

Edited by Prawn

15 minutes ago, Prawn said:

both of his accounts he has about 80 hours and still getting to know more people in the community

Since making this app i have 73 hours now.  Probably around 100 total. I am on everyday trying to play with everyone an meet everyone but some of these people i genuinely haven't seen in game. I think that is just time zones and life schedules. I would hate to see the reason I'm not "qualified" is because we haven't spoken or met, that isn't very justified for an unbiased place

3 hours ago, Unknownspy❄️ said:

It's 60 hours minimum btw

On 9/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, Nir said:

It's 60 hours minimum btw

he meant that 61 hours isnt really much to get to know the community