News Ticker
  • 👻👻👻 20% off all packages during this spooky October! Grab great deals with this limited sale! 👻👻👻
GMO.

GMO.'s Staff App 3.0

GMO.'s Moderator Application

• In-Game Name: GMO.
  • Timezone: CST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:184684150
  • Steam Profile (Link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/gmolinamendez/
  • Hours on the server: 453 hours
  • Times Active: When I have a day off, I' m online all day, and when I have school, I'm online 2-3 hours all day. 
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I want to be a moderator again because I love to help the server out, I feel like I can do better this time than last time. 
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I've read all of the rules. 

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?Yes, I will listen to my mentor, at all times. 

Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: Yes, in weekends I'm willing to be alot of time in the server staffing, and during weekdays I will stay available for at least 2 hours a day.

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: I can find the person who is prop spamming by checking the logs, if I find out that someone is spamming props out of control, I would go to the player that is prop spamming, see his actions and if his/her actions are in the intent to crash the server then I would freeze the player, delete the props spammed, and  I would ask them what are they doing. After I get the information I need to have to make my judgement about the situation, I would check his/her previous warns, and I would give the proper punishment that is needed for his action. If the prop spam is considered as a small prop spam, then the player could be jailed, or could be banned for a reasonable amount of time. If the player proceeds with the same intents, I would proceed with a ban and ask an admin, or a mentor to extend the ban time. 

People begin to complain about an "illegal base": If a player complains about an illegal base, I would ask them what is the part that makes the base illegal, and ask him/her about who owns the base and guide me to where is the base. After that, I would inspect the base, if necessary teleport the person who is complaining about the base to show me where is the problem, he told me about, if the problem is identified then, I will tp the owner of the base to remove/fix the part of the base which makes it illegal. If he fixes the problem with no problem, then I will thank the person and tell them more about base rules for to not commit the same or similar errors again, and if the base owner doesn't know the rules of basing, I would help him by giving him a link to the rules of the MOTD, and also helping him by making his base better. If the base owner doesn't fix the part of the base that makes it illegal, and if he/she persists to ignore any staff member, I would have to warn them that if they don't fix it, I would have to kick them, and warn them for not fixing the problem of the base. If the same problem is going on after rejoining, then I would have to go tell the player to fix it again, and if they still don't cooperate, then I would have to ban the player for a reasonable amount of time, further extents may be taken if the player has more warnings that including the same or similar warns. 

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: If I see another staff member abusing his power to other players by performing such actions such as jailing, muting, gagging, warning, setting their model bigger or smaller, giving other people weapons, and even dragging players with the physics gun with no reason at all, then I would first ask the staff member why are they doing that, and if it was necessary to do that to a player, and if they give a reason, thats it is not that convincing, then I would gather as much evidence as I need to help superadmins, and Jouaram make a decision on the issue, I can even consult with trial moderators, moderators, admins, senior admins, and superadmins to give their opinion on the issue. After all of that, I can send the evidence to super admins and/or Jouaram to see what the staff member is doing and further actions will be taken with the super admins, and/or the owner if to ban, warn, or demote the accused staff member. 

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: If a player starts to be uncooperative in a sit to the extent that the player may start harassing, being toxic, being racist, mic spamming, and even being offensive, I would gag/mute the player and let the player that filed the complaint tell me everything that happened, after it, I would tell them to say their part of the story, and ungag/unmute them, if the player starts to rdm, run away, or kills himself in the sit, I would have the player jailed during the sit, and proceed with further actions and extend the punishment if needed due to being uncooperative in a sit. If the player feels like he didn't like how the sit was held, then I can provide him the staff complaint layout link, and tell him that he can fill out a staff complaint. . If the player leaves the server during a sit due to him/her leaving the game, then I will complete the complaint that he was accused of and later ask my mentor or another admin to extend the ban time of the uncooperative player. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

RDM: Stands for Random Death Match, punishment may vary as there are many factors included with RDM, such as first time warn, one RDM made, Mass RDM, and more, but If the player is MRDMing for the first time, then the player should be punished with a 12 hour ban first, and later call my mentor or an admin, senior admininstaff, or a super admin to extend the ban time on the player. If the player is still MRDMing and has comitted prev warns, then his punishment needs to be longer, and it can also be a permanent ban if it would be the 3rd time doing it.

RDA: Stands for Random Arrest punishments may be similar as for RDM, RDA may be done with only a few jobs, those jobs are only the law enforcement. The law enforcement classes are able to arrest any class except themselves, the reason why they can arrest is because they need to enforce the laws of the MOTD and enforce the mayor's laws . RDA is not counted if the authorities have a reason to arrest you. Ex. Police chief may arrest thief who is shooting a gun in public, even if the person is testing the weapon, they may still be AOS. An example of RDA would be someone who is a police officer and he starts arresting people for running in the middle of the street, or to ruin the experience of other players. If a player is MRDAing, the player would be placed into a sit, and be frozen if he starts to arrest someone or try to run away. If it is the first time the person is accused of MRDA, then the player would banned for 12 hours, and later tell my mentor or an admin+ to extend the ban time of the player. 

NLR: Stands for New Life Rule, a person may not come to the same place where he was killed for five minutes, except if it was a hit. If you come to the same place before the 5 minutes then you may be killed by the same player in the same area and also other players in the area. Punishment for breaking NLR has been reduced, now if one person has broken NLR once, then they are verbal warned, if they keep breaking NLR, then they are warned and depending the amount of times NLR has been broken by a player, the more severe the punishment may be. If a new player breaks NLR, and they dont know what it is, then I will explain the player what is NLR and how to avoid breaking it, for to not go and commit the same error over and over again. If the player just proceeds to break NLR more than 5 times, it'll be considered as mass NLR which is punishable by a 6 hour ban.

Extras: I'm still sorry to the staff members that I made them feel bad for telling them that they're doing their job wrong, I was an asshole, I didn't see the damage that I caused and I think that I've changed since last staff app, and will take everything even more seriously, will not cause chaos as last time when I was a tmod. This is the time where I try to aim higher, and get a better grade at the tests, and get along better with the staff members. Also I made this on phone. Also I will take all positive, neutral, and negative opinions more seriously, I love ya'll. Thanks for reading my staff app. Also wanted to place this staff app "Ah Shit, Here we go again". 

+1

Previous staff and knows how to properly handle situations.

Edited by Akatsuki
  • Thanks 1

+1

Decent app and previous experience as staff, I personally haven't seen you as a staff so I don't know how good you were but you are pretty friendly in game and I never had any problems with you.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

+1

Friendly 

Knows Rules 

Great Application 

Seems like he could totally be staff again

• Thanks 1

Denied

Okay, so GMO i didn't mind you as a T-MOD but your actions and behavior has been pretty appalling ngl. You interrupt sits and are just quite mingy overall. sorry mate

i feel like you are a good guy but staffing just isn't for you. If you wish too You may Re-Apply in 7 days 

• Haha 1