Informer's Moderator Application

• In-Game NameInformer or Spookformer
  • Age18
  • Timezone: CST Texas, USA
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61696892
  • Steam Profile (Link)https://steamcommunity.com/id/Informerr/
  • Hours on the server2343 Hours
  • Times Active: Weekdays 2-6 Hours & Weekends 2-8+ Hours
  • Why I want/should be a moderatorI think I would be a good moderator because I am extremely familiar with ULX commands as well as other commands utilized by staff on the server, I have been admin twice before in the past and have been apart of all sorts of hard situations which have allowed me to learn how to deal with them effectively, and I am a great team player working with friends/teammates is something I really enjoy doing as well as encourage.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand them and are wanting to enforce them as correctly as possible?Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?Yes
  • Are you able to Staff actively on the server for several hours a week?: Yes

SITUATIONS:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: First i'd start by checking logs to identify who was spawning props in a rapid succession and teleport to them allowing me to personally see what was going on, if the player was intentionally prop spamming I would freeze the player to stop any further lag and collect evidence then warn and ban the player for 12 hours afterwards requesting an extension from a higher up via !extensions.

People begin to complain about an "illegal base"I would teleport to the player with the illegal base to investigate and determine if any parts of the base appeared actually illegal, if so I would explain to the owner of the props/base what was illegal and how to fix it. If the player refused to fix the illegal parts of the base or ignored my advice I would first warn the player verbally that if he continued to refuse fixing the illegal parts of the base I would kick him or get an admin/higher up to remove the base all together. If he continued to refuse or ignore my advice I would kick him from the server or request an admin/higher up to remove the base if they were available.

You see another staff member abusing his/her powers: Examples of a staff member abusing his/her powers include no clipping into bases to get an unfair advantage for raids, setting armor/hp to gain unfair advantages during rp situations, using god mode or cloak to gain an unfair advantage during rp situations, or using staffing powers to harass a certain player. If i witnessed a staff member who was abusing their powers I would first attempt to speak with them about it, explaining what they were doing wrong and how to fix it. If the staff member refused my advice and continued to abuse their powers I would then gather evidence of the abuse and bring the evidence to higher ups to either get assistance with how to deal with the situation or allow them to handle it all together.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit: If a player disagrees with my judgement during a sit I would first ask them if they would like a different staff to handle the sit or if no staff were available inform them where and how to make a staff complaint. If the player just is disrupting the sit I would mute/gag the player, finish the sit, then unmute/ungag the player afterwards and if the player was just downright insulting me through the sit I would attempt to ignore the insults then deal with the sit as if it was any other.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 
RDM or Random Death Match is when you kill a player without an rp reason Ex. Zoro kills Ryan because he was wearing red

RDA or Random Arrest is when you arrest a player without an rp reason Ex. Ghoul decides to arrest Gery because he was dancing

NLR or New Life Rule is when you die you must wait 5 minutes before returning to the place of death and interacting with the same situation Ex. Montay dies defending his base but after dying respawns and returns instantly to continue defending

• Like 4

Changing to -1

+ You are a great person and player when not with your group of friends

- Hangs out with a pretty toxic group and can show some toxicity with said group

- Personally don’t think you have proved yourself for staff yet again

- I am a little worried you would be bias towards certain players as well.

Goodluck. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Spookformer 💀 said:

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

You forgot the other half of this question "How do you determine if a player is breaking any of these?"

So here is my opinion so far.

I've had a fair share of encounters with you so I have gathered up how I feel about you overall.

I actually like you, you are mature, respectful, engaging. However I have seen you minge as well, (not the money glitch lol). Some of the ways I've seen you act in sits that were against you were unpleasant when you first came back, though greatly decreased as time has passed. I like the staff app other than the part you missed. I'm not going to +1 at this time but I'm also choosing to not -1 I want to see community responses and I wish you the best of luck.

-/+

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

+1

Has a good understanding of the rules, Previous staff, great activity.

Hasn't gotten into any trouble that I've seen, and has been nothing but nice to me, and other players. I really enjoy hanging out with him. When he was staff he would always help me out when I first applied. He has made some mistakes in the past that im sure he regrets, and would agree were probably stupid, but he has learned from his mistakes and really reformed since then.

good luck.

• Like 1

My word means nothing, but from what I’ve seen/heard of your activity recently, +1.

You sure gave the higher ups a great time back when you were staff, but from speaking to you since then I can tell that you’ve matured since those little “issues”.

That being said, you don’t seem to hold any grudges with the server after being booted and have come back in full stride, wanting to help the community. I see no reason to give you a second chance.

-You’re active, both in game and in the community.

-You’ve had many months to cool down and have a break from staffing; hopefully this will give you a different mindset and have you think your actions out before acting on them. 

-You’re nice to new and old players alike. (Friends you’re toxic with but it’s in a jokey manner.)

-kinda cute ngl 😳😳

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+1

-great guy, hes pretty friendly

-never had a bad interaction

-good app

-goodluck man

• Like 1

-/+

Alright, I think your not a bad person but the only memory I have of you is that everyone hated you when you were Administer. At the end of they day there would always be a complaint on you on the forums from people trying to get you demoted. I’m the type of person that doesn’t get into drama so I didn’t get involved. 

I mean you obviously know the rules

app is fine

currently, you have good activity

i do think that the trial mod system would help you and other staff members out.

I would not like to see Poyo as your mentor. I would like to see someone like Korean or anonymous rainbow.

good luck.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

+1

We already explained to you what your situation would be if you got accepted, so you’re aware that you’re gonna have a very strict mentor and if you don’t behave you’ll get denied pretty fast.

Jouaram asked my opinion on you reapplying and I told him that I don’t think you’re a bad guy, you just act silly and can get out of hand, which is something you can work on. Obviously him and I both like you and want to see you do better.

I’ve had you snap on me and I know you have a temper, but you can also be a very sweet guy when you keep yourself in check, and that’s what we need you to do. As long as you keep your attitude positive, I don’t doubt that you’d do fine as a staff member.

We’ve talked about this, but you do have a lot of people who don’t like you; a lot with good reasons. You need to accept this and know that you need to take responsibility for whatever you have done in the past, because that won’t just be forgotten about. I hope going through the trial mod phase will help people get to know you and warm up to you. This is all up to you and your attitude though, so don’t blow it. I’d like to see @The Anonymous Rainbow give his input as well since he’s going to be your assigned mentor.

• Like 3

@👻Creepy Zeezy👻 If he gets accepted I already made it very clear that I’m against being his mentor - I’m not going to be biased like that.

We already agreed that his assigned mentor would be Anonymous Rainbow if he did get accepted. Rainbow is who I recommended and we all agreed, and Rainbow is fine with mentoring him and shogun at the same time.

• Like 2

+1

its obvious 

previous staff 

good player

plays nothing but gmod all day :4Head:

and what sully said that hes toxic when with us, thats what friends do, we dont mean any of it

• Like 1

+1

+ an amazing previous staff that took sits very serious and had 0 tolerance for minges/rulebreakers

+ app is good

+ good activity

hope it doesn't turn out like last time you became staff was sad when i came back and started to miss your hitler-esque way of being mayor glad you're back you asshole ❤️

• Like 1

+1 

You are very active on all platforms, are friendly with others in-game and all my interactions with you as of recently have been good. I feel that you would be a good staff member if you are given the chance. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skeleton with a gun 🦇 said:

and what sully said that hes toxic when with us, thats what friends do, we dont mean any of it

I like this statement, wise words @Skeleton with a gun 🦇

Edited by GMO.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

+1

been a while and i think he would learn again and become a good mod, he is kind guy may joke around a lot but still think he would make a great staff member

kinda a bully to me though :Pepe:

• Like 1

+1, specifically if you go through the Guantlet, here's why.

I know exactly what goomy's talking about when she's saying you can have a bad temper -- and I've seen it primarily in some sits from when you first came back. Though, I can tell you know when to stop when asked to stop, which shows me that you're willing to listen. I've also noticed that you don't get pissy in sits like you normally would, which shows promise that you're willing to change for the better. 

You also had previous staffing experience. You know how things roll and I've heard you weren't shit. Another larger reason why I'm +1'ing this is because you're actively engaged with the community (at least on server) which makes it a rather comforting thought that you already have a name for yourself. 

Edited by thog
I called Poyo a he. Was triggered
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, VladTheImpaler said:

+1 

You are very active on all platforms, are friendly with others in-game and all my interactions with you as of recently have been good. I feel that you would be a good staff member if you are given the chance. 

+1
Like vlad said my interactions with you have been really nice and had fun. um really active in server. Know the rules and your application is good. Good luck make it out mate

Ps. I just want see how u hand sit hand down 

Edited by 🎃Spooky smeb🤡
Informer = Head of Staff ?
  • Like 1

The group of players hangs out with should not matter. Yes informer has been toxic, just because he hangs out with people that still might be doesn't mean he hasn't changed.

Idk if this counts, but I +1

I absolutely hated you when you were previously admin, but I have heard really great things about your recent behavior and I want you to be given another chance with the gauntlet. I know you know the rules and ur active.

Gl

Edited by Sarrus?
  • Like 2

+1

helped me out during some very dark times

An amazing friend and wouldn't trade him for the world

Pretty good staff previously

Actually knows how to have fun

• Like 1

+1

From the interactions that I have had with you, they've all been pretty good. You're extremely funny and from what I've seen you've been better with your attitude and toxicity. You're on almost everyday showing you're actually interested in the server, and you having a strict mentor is a good idea. It'd be nice to see you back on the staff team!

Good luck! 🙂 

black madonna

+1

You've been very active on the server and have plenty of experience as staff. You do like to mess around a lot, which is by no means a bad thing, but it may come off as being toxic/obnoxious to those who aren't familiar with you. You've had your fair share of ups and downs but I know you're capable of doing better this time around. You're a cool and funny dude, good luck.

oops 🤠

Edited by Stale
  • Like 1

+1

+ Knows the rules

+ Active

+ Prev. staff

- 6' 135

+1 have had some good interactions with you and have had many laughs. Knows the rules and isn’t too bad in game. There are a lot of people mentioning how you were as previous staff and what happened before but as I didn’t see that I can’t make a comment on it so it’s a +1 from me ❤️