Tragic's Moderator Application: 10/12/2019

Application:

• In-Game Name: [Tragic]
  • Timezone: [EST]
  • Steam ID: [76561198355183968]
  • Steam Profile: [https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198355183968/]
  • Hours on the server: [72]
  • Times you're most active: [3pm EST - 10pm EST]
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: [That's a great question. You have a slight advantage over me since you know what your're looking for and I am still learning about your server, but from what I have heard and seen you are looking for someone that can handle situations, take constructive criticism, be respectful to the players, but be firm with the rules and someone that can work well within a team. Now, I do think I fit that persona quite well, I have had experience working within teams a lot lately as I just recently resigned from a staff position on a Minecraft server, as well as I am currently employed part time at my local grocery store. Also I posses great understanding and communication skills, I am a very interpersonal person, and I speak fluent English and decent French, although not the best with French I can understand it and may be able to make conversation, I also understand the rules of the server quite well. I think all of these skills show why I would be a good moderator. Now to answer why I want to be a moderator is pretty simple, I love playing on retribution, it is by far my favorite rp server on gmod and the community is awesome, I love what you have all built here and I envy that. I can also see when I am playing in game, that staff can be a bit backed up by dealing with people, and I wish I had the ability to help out with players problems/reports. I try to do my best as a member, but there is only so much I can do. Also you could say I am a natural helper, I have always been and always will be trying to help people if I can, it is what I strive to do in any situation in life. This is why I want/should be a moderator.]
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: [Yes, I have basically memorized the entire, motd, rules, etc.]
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: [Yes, I like everyone on the staff team, no hate on anyone. I would love to learn from anybody on the team.]
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: [Yes, 100% positive.]

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: [I will ask players if they know where someone may be prob spamming, and if they give a location I will check it out. If I find nothing I will continue to search, and if players say they have proof I will take a look at that as well. But if the server does crash I will look at the logs and take notes, and maybe figure out the issue.]

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: [If I player contacts staff and says there is an illegal base I will go check it out, and if it is not illegal I will explain to the reporter why and move on, but if it is illegal, I will find the base owner and explain to him what is not allowed, as well as direct him to where he can find these rules listed, if that doesn't work and he continues to argue and refuse to edit his base, I will give him a verbal warning, and he continues a jail as well as a removal of the base or if it is something simple I may just fix it for him.]

You see another staff member abusing their power: [If I saw a staff member abusing there powers by for example no-clipping into peoples bases to raid or collect printers, I would talk to the staff member first and ask what he is doing and why he is doing that, if he doesn't give a good reason or he just refusing to talk or ignore me I will then go contact a higher up and explain what I saw, as well as record it so I can have proof encase he/she denies it, I have a software that will let me record up to the last 5 min, for stuff like that.]

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: [If they are not listening you can't force them to understand but you can try your best to explain it to them in a way that they can understand it, and if they are insulting you I would just tough it out, and just try and calm them down, but if they continue and or says harsh things, such as threats or just overall toxic harassment to me or other players, then I would punish him/her for that accordingly, but if they are just saying stuff like, "I hate you!" or, "You are the worst moderator!" that is stuff you can just ignore, they have a right to there opinion as long as it doesn't get out of hand. ]

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: [Well to get the simple questions out of the way. RDM stands for random death match, RDA stands for random arrest, and NLR stands for new life rule. To determine if someone is breaking any of these rules, you can do multiple things, easiest is to talk to the victim and suspect and hear both sides of the story, sometimes they can be just a big misunderstanding but other times someone is lying so what you can do is check their stories, for example if someone is accused of breaking NLR by going right back to were they just died, you can do /nlrcheck (suspect) and it will show were he has died and how long ago was it. If he was lying and said he never there died before he went to the location, you will be able to see that with /nlrcheck. This is pretty much the same thing for the other two accusations, you just gotta talk to both the victim and the suspect, and check there stories find out who is lying using logs, commands, etc. The keys is to be understanding, firm, and respectful, don't ever make the victim or the suspect feel stupid, always be helpful and always offer to explain things even if they are common since.]

Additional Comments: [Well hello! My name is Landon, thank you for reading my application and I hope you are considering accepting me, I would love nothing more but to be apart of the team and help out on the server, discord and forums, I hope I have clearly answered the questions and clearly explained my answers, if you have any feedback please feel free to leave a reply, I love hearing feedback as it helps me improve. Thanks!
Also, I am sorry if I haven't been as active on the forums I will definitely start being more active here.]

•  

Denied

Hi, welcome to the forums. In order to become a trial moderator, you must be active on the forums. To start off, why not introduce yourself to the community here ( link ). 

You may reapply in 7 days.