montay

montay's staff application 02/11/19

Template:

• In-Game Name: montay
  • Timezone: PST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96897061
  • Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/mar_ky/
  • Hours on the server: 2017
  • Times you're most active: Everyday on weekdays after 4:00PM PST and all day on weekends
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I want to become a moderator because I want to try out new things and I am willing to help people and make this server more enjoyable for the players. I should be moderator because I would be impartial in sits and enforce the rules accordingly.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: I would check the logs and check if someone is spamming props within a short period of time. If what I explained is seen in the logs, I would freeze the player and then teleport to them immediately and look around to see if the props being spammed is done on purpose. If the prop spam is purposely done, I would ban the player accordingly, which would be my max ban length as a trial moderator and request for an extension.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: I would teleport to the person complaining about the illegal base and asked what was illegal about the base they raided. If what the player said about the base is illegal, I would no clip inside the base to find the illegal part of it, tell the base owner whats illegal about the base and tell them to fix it. If the base owner is refusing to fix it, I will tell them that the illegal part of the base will be removed by a higher up such as an administrator. However, if the server happens to have no higher ups on at the moment, I would try to tell they one last time to either fix or remove the illegal part of the base and if they still refused they will be kicked and warned for refusing to cooperate with staff and refusing to fix the illegal part of the base. After they are kicked I would clear disconnected props.

You see another staff member abusing their power: If I saw another staff member abuse their power such as using god mode to raid, or no clipping to raid, I would start recording and catch them in the act of abusing their power. I would then message the staff member privately and teleport to them and ask them for the context behind their actions. After talking to them, I would report them to a higher up by sending them video evidence of them abusing their power and then letting the higher ups take care of the situation.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: I would ask the player if that they were unhappy during the sit and why they were unhappy. I would then ask if the player would like another staff member to take care of the sit and if they want another staff member, I would tell the staff member what information I gathered. If they don't want another staff member and keeps insulting me and being uncooperative, I would gag/mute them and tell them that they are interrupting the sit and it would go on as a usual sit.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: RDM is Random Deathmatch and to determine whether it was RDM or not, I would bring the RDMer and the RDMed players to a sit and ask one side of the story at a time. I would then check logs and see which story adds up and determine it either RDM or not and punish the RDMer accordingly.

RDA is Random Arrest and to determine whether it was RDA or not, I would bring the RDAer and the RDAed players to a sit and ask the RDAer why they arrested this player. If they give me a reasonable answer, I would check logs to see if they are telling the truth. If they aren't, the RDAer will get punished accordingly.

NLR is New Life Rule and to determine whether it was NLR or not, I would check /nlrcheck (Players name) and see if they have died before 5 minutes of their previous place of death, and if they have, they will be punished accordingly.

(Additional Comments): This is my first time applying and hopefully becoming a staff member, I see this as me trying new things on this server and to make it more enjoyable for myself and others with my help as a staff member.

• Like 1

-rep honestly known this guy for a long time and started on the server with him. NGL mans a master scammer. i remember when i got my db from rtd he scammed me and then made fun of me to everyone on the server. he's toxic, doesnt know how to assist players in need. i also recall him selling temp weapons to new players and telling them they were perm. I dont play on the server as much as i use to, to see how he is now but from past experience i personally would not suggest Montay to be a staff member.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

You have never once in your time on this server had the best interest for anyone but yourself and always managed to fly as close as possible to being permanently banned as you could. 

possibly one of the biggest -1’s I am giving. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm not gonna be mean and deny this now as I'm curious what people have to honestly say about you because people seem to be the most Savage on staff apps. I'd suggest working on your community image now if you truly want this to be even close to a reality.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Montay, personally I love you and you're fun to base with and such, but I just don't think you're exactly fit for staff.

I just think your attitude in general isn't fit for staff, you can be really mean to newer players and you've been toxic to almost every player on the server. Personally, you called me a nobody for being poor and only having 5 printers, and saying nobody knows who I am and no one will ever know who I am, this was back when I first came back. You're not a delightful person, and having that bad attitude as staff is not good. 

Not only that, I feel like you'd have a huge bias towards your friends, and would always be on their side no matter what, and letting them get away with any rule they break. 

As I said, I like you as a friend, but I just don't think you're currently ready for staff. I don't know how you would prove that to us, but unless you can do that, I recommend you not attempt for staff. 

I highly doubt this will be accepted, but I just wanted to give you some criticism. 

Good luck I guess! 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

+1

I know montay has a shady past considering he was a scammer, but he no longer does that anymore. I have been trading him a number of times and not once has he ever scammed me. He's not toxic and seems relatively mature. He also has experience with the server and plays quite regularly. I think he should be given a shot because he has changed his ways. I have been playing since last spring and since that entire time I have not seen montay scam one person. He just isn't like that anymore and I think he could be a decent staff member with a strict mentor behind him along the way.

• Thanks 1

+/-

- Personally never had issues 

- Great activity in-game

- Shows up on the forums rarely from what I've seen

- The app is a bit slim but still decent

You're a great person, fun to base with (Although you're usually afk most of the time) I feel you have a long way to go until you're completely fit for staff. As Korbin brought up your attitude towards newer players, and I cannot see you enforcing the rules when you're consistently just farming printers for hours on end going afk when thats all I really remember about you that doesn't shed good light. Some other people may have other experiences but if you really start playing instead of constantly grinding money, meeting new players I think you'll have a great shot.

Good luck on your app and I hope you have a nice night

Your friendly citrus

~ Lemon

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, korbin said:

Montay, personally I love you and you're fun to base with and such, but I just don't think you're exactly fit for staff.

I just think your attitude in general isn't fit for staff, you can be really mean to newer players and you've been toxic to almost every player on the server. Personally, you called me a nobody for being poor and only having 5 printers, and saying nobody knows who I am and no one will ever know who I am, this was back when I first came back. You're not a delightful person, and having that bad attitude as staff is not good. 

Not only that, I feel like you'd have a huge bias towards your friends, and would always be on their side no matter what, and letting them get away with any rule they break. 

As I said, I like you as a friend, but I just don't think you're currently ready for staff. I don't know how you would prove that to us, but unless you can do that, I recommend you not attempt for staff. 

I highly doubt this will be accepted, but I just wanted to give you some criticism. 

Good luck I guess! 🙂 

Oh my, I honestly forgot what I said to anyone back then and if i really sad that then I'm sorry, I think your criticism here is really helpful and with help improve my ways. I have not been taking things seriously and I do realize I have been mean to new people and been toxic to others but I guess I've just been trying to do it less but I still do it, I do believe I can fix my attitude. And about the bias thing, I don't really care about my friends warns and such and I would not have a hard time warning them as I would warn others.

Edited by montay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemon© said:

I cannot see you enforcing the rules when you're consistently just farming printers for hours on end going afk when thats all I really remember about you that doesn't shed good light. Some other people may have other experiences but if you really start playing instead of constantly grinding money, meeting new players I think you'll have a great shot.

I agree with you here thanks for the criticism though. I'm not really AFK like Away from keyboard, im just sitting on my chair usually on youtube on my other monitor, I think I should just start meeting new people though so yeah you're right.

2 minutes ago, montay said:

Oh my, I honestly forgot what I said to anyone back then and if i really sad that then I'm sorry, I think your criticism here is really helpful and with help improve my ways. I have not been taking things seriously and I do realize I have been mean to new people and been toxic to others but I guess I've just been trying to do it less but I still do it, I do believe I can fix my attitude. And about the bias thing, I don't really care about my friends warns and such and I would not have a hard time warning them as I would warn others.

If you keep your word I'll definitely support you with going for staff. I'm glad you have clarified everything. Good luck man. 🙂 

• Love 1

Very less forum activity

As stated by others ,you only think about yourself

Never seen you help a new comer, when i was new to the server i tried to constantly interact with you for help and queries and you never bothered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+/- leaning towards a +1

I have noticed a major change in you as of recently ,you've been more calm and helpful to players as a whole, I personally think most people on this app arent taking that in to account. You have made changes to your behavior, unfortunately some people will continue to shit on people without actually playing the server and talking to the players in question.

But other than that, id work on forum activity to help out with some peoples opinions aswell as becoming more active.

• Thanks 1

+/-

+ No problems with following rules

- Very low forum activity, And ingame activity is gr8 but I rarely see you unless i'm basing with you.

Good application too. Lots of details.

Wish you luck ❤️ lemme rent

• Thanks 1

that's my nigga montay

seen a change in you a lot recently I'm not the most reliable person to go onto rep's but I am literally the biggest fuckin no life and I haven't seen you do any sketchy shit and been relatively non-toxic to all players 

forum activity is good

Idk if you are ready to be a staff member but you got a fuckton of experience on ret.

and you know the rules and in & outs so if you got a good mentor I think you'd do non-dogshit

+1

• Thanks 1

I agree completely with @DaveThe2nd,  I dont think I have ever seen you help another player unless there was something in it for you.

Good forum activity

Iffy staff app

Never had 1 good encounter with you 

Edited by Incarnate
  • Thanks 1

Make me staff too im better 

jk

montay has changed and has been wanting to become staff for some time, he knows that his image may not seem perfect for the job yet, but has been and is still currently working on it.

Edited by binoo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Incarnate said:

I agree completely with @DaveThe2nd,  I dont think I have ever seen you help another player unless there was something in it for you.

Good forum activity

Iffy staff app

Never had 1 good encounter with you 

+/-

maybe he hasnt helped anyone yet, but he does give a good advice time to time.

he does help lots of people with prices good vibes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+/-

Just going off my experiences with you alone, Your not that bad of a guy, I have only had a small number of sits with you and you haven't really ever been toxic to me. 

Now from what i have been hearing you are toxic and i some times have seen that but if it is true that you are changing your ways and that you dont care about your friends warns then ill +1 it but for right now im taking everything with a grain of salt 

Your app its self isn't bad and there don't seem to be any issues with it

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

+1

As said above I can tell Montay has changed as a player over the last few months. His attitude ingame is way better then it used to be. Could use some more forum activity, but fuck it.

• Thanks 1

Neutral.

Montay I personally don't hold grudges against you but here's my reasoning for my neutral.

Your forum activity needs some work the application itself isn't the worse and could use improving and I do really like how you are trying to improve yourself ingame but its just not enough to convince me as of right now, and your past is a real concern to many and it was to me for a long time but I'm willing to look past it as I did with informer. I used to full on DESPISE you when I was a senior admin because of your mingey and toxic ways along with you constantly pricehiking and scamming players but I've seen a massive improvement and I think if you continue on your path you can get a shot at staff and if that happens, If you get a shot at staff I would like you to get a STRICT mentor.

And with this, This is in no way a dig at informer just some insight. If informer can be able to return to the server and shape up as he has and get staff again after such a bad past and history with others and yet fix that and improve himself then montay you absolutely can do it. Again not a dig at informer. Goodluck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neutral

+ You've seemed cool in the last few days that i've known you

- You have a history of being mingey/toxic

- Your forum activity is quite low

• Thanks 1

Neutral

-On the server for a long time, lot of hours

-I agree with someone above, seem to be a bit selfish with your time on the server

-Can be mingey but not too bad

• Thanks 1

Y’know what. 

+1 

Give him a shot. Sure he has a fucked past but I haven’t seen anything bad come from him in a long while nor have I heard of anything. People learn from their past mistakes and sometimes just want to better themselves. This is the reason we have trial mod. I have seen him be a lot more helpful towards new players and the community as a whole. He has very vast knowledge of the server and has been here forever. A lot of -1 and neutrals here are just for his past. Sometimes we have to forgive and forget. People do change and always deserve a shot. 

Just work more on your forum activity.

Good luck Montay. 

• Thanks 1