Skullmohawk

Skullmohawk's Moderator Application: 11/4/19

• In-Game Name: Skullmohawk
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:128556374
  • Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/skullmohawk/
  • Hours on the server: 155
  • Times you're most active: Everyday typically from 1:00pm to 5:00am
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: As of currently I've got over 4,000 hours on Garry's Mod. With that comes extensive history and experience. I've been staff in a few communities and numerous gamemodes; MilitaryRP, FirstRespondersRP, 1938RP, SantosRP, JailBreak, and DarkRP. As I have been playing on the server for almost over a week now, I've come to see the diversity in the rules, players, and staff. The main reason I have decided to go ahead and apply is at times the server doesnt have any staff on or some of the staff is AFK (which makes sense, IRL takes priority). Its typically at these times when the chaos starts to ensue leading to the players having to take action to try and suppress it.Not to mention if staff are on, there are numerous calls being directed to staff at one time and the feeling of being overwhelmed can most definitely set in with staff. I now feel motivated to attempt to help assist the server, the players, and its staff while enforcing the rules at the same time.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Most Definitely 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: For Sure

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: Typically lag is directly related to server sided problems such as prop spam. So, with the situation at hand with server lag and players reporting prop spam, my immediate plan of action would be to begin to look into logs. Along with some log systems, as staff you can open your console as well and see what props are being spawned and by who. Regardless my search for the source of the lag/spam would begin with searching the logs for any mass spawning of props that is currently or has been conducted. On top of that, I would question the reporting players as to who they saw doing it (assuming that's why they're indeed complaining about the spam). If logs and a reporting party can indeed confirm that the lag is in-fact a prop-spamming entailed problem then from that point forward I would be inclined to take proper actions in punishment. Meaning I would teleport to that player, freeze them, delete the props immediately to reduce server lag, tell the player the reasons behind why their actions are incorrect, and then ban the person for as long as my permissions allow due to the fact that his actions were  malicious  and causing functional harm to the server.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: My plan of action would be to immediately teleport to the player and immediately spectate the base in question. Anything that is deemed illegal I'd inform the base owner to fix, and explain how it goes against the rules. I would also inform the player to better familiarize himself by reading the rules which can be found by opening up the motd. Should the sit conclude and I get more complaints later about the same owner continuing to conduct an illegal base, I would then again inform him how it breaks the rules, and administer a verbal warning. Should he continue to build illegal bases I would conduct yet another sit with the player and notify him that he will be kicked for disobeying staff and failure to comply with the rules.    

You see another staff member abusing their power: Some examples of staff abuse include but are not limited to: No-Clipping into bases to raid or survey for a raid, initiating a punishment or harassment towards a player due to bias,  spawning themselves a weapon or item (without proper reasoning),  using god-mode to avoid harm in roleplay situations, etcetera the list can go on. At  this point should I witness a staff member abusing I would begin to record or screenshot the abuse being conducted by the staff member. I would also address what I witnessed with the staff member, and give them my input as to why it isnt correct to be conducting themselves in that matter, and how it isnt right and deemed abuse. I'd then deliver my evidence and play-out of the situation to a higher-up so proper actions may be taken.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: At times players may not necessarily like staff for doing their job as it stunts their "fun" or activities, which in turn can lead to hostility. If this does ensue I would give out the option to the player for another staff member to handle the sit (should one be available). Although in the instance that another staff member is not available or the person in question denies the option levied to them, I would give them a warning to quiet down and stop being belligerent as it is stunting my ability to proper conduct a sit. Should they continue I would see no other option than gagging/muting the player to properly conduct and conclude my sit successfully. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR:

RDM (Random Deathmatch):  Random Deathmatching is killing players with ill-intent that has no plausible roleplay reason and/or to ensue chaos. The best way to determine if a person has been RDMing is by checking the logs of the person in question and looking at the kills conducted and within a certain time frame. Another form of determination in addition to logs could be a video recording of the actions being conducted by the player, and reports being submitted in OOC or admin chat.

RDA (Random Arrest): Random Arresting is arresting players with no roleplay connection to the infraction of a law within the server, its typically a tactic to once again ensue chaos or malicious activities. Once again I would utilize logs to check if the person in question has been arresting people in mass. And as said in my previous answer I could yet again utilize video recording and player submitted reports.

NLR (New Life Rule): New Life Rule is basically a rule to ensure that fair play is allowed and allow that a person doesnt engage in a situation that they previously faced prior to their death. The New Life rule entails that a person cannot return to the vicinity of their death for 5 minutes. The best way to check for someone not following NLR is by running the command /nlrcheck "their name" to see if they did in-fact return to their vicinity of death within  the 5 minute period. Video recordings can also be used to determine if the person did in-fact break NLR as well. 

(Additional Comments): I really appreciate anyone who takes the time out of their day to review my application. On top of that Id like to thank anyone who replies for their criticism as well. 

• Like 1

+1

- Very active

- Forum activity needs work

- Great application 

- Friendly as heck

Best of luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unknownspy ❄️ said:

-Barely to no forum activity legit got 9 posts

The staff application got denied but then put back up soooo.....

Just now, Incarnate said:

The staff application got denied but then put back up soooo.....

i mean not to rude but probably gonna be denied again just keepin it real

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Unknownspy ❄️ said:

-haven't seen you in game at all or have never had a interaction with you

I can vouch for the fact he has been in fact playing ret for the past week as I have seen him on everyday.

Yes, your forum activity is very low right now, but that isnt something you cant work on during your application/trialmod phase.

I'm going to +1 this as I've seen how you interact with other players and how fast you've brought your own base group together.

You will for sure need to work on forum activity, learn the rules a little more and make sure to respect the staff members.

Good app too. A little wordy but impressive.

• Like 3

Yeah man I’m gonna throw you a +1.

- Active in game, which I do value over forum activity to some extent. Definitely work on your forum activity while this app is up as well though, community presence is important.

- Very mature from what I’ve seen

- I haven’t ever seen you be inherently toxic, and I can’t recall having any complaints about you.

- App isn’t bad, it seems like you took your time on it. In my opinion, staffing is all experience based and you’ll learn everything as you go along.

Good luck and yeehaw

• Like 2

+1

been active in game 

seems like a mature guy and he should have a chance

as said forum activity is low but that can easily be fixed 

also heard he was a good kisser

• Like 1

+1

+ Very active in game (of course forum activity could use work)

+ Always looking to help and is never apart of bad situations

Extremely mature and fun to be around/talk to

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unknownspy ❄️ said:

-haven't seen you in game at all or have never had a interaction with you

I will vouch and say he's been on constantly, and if i'm being honest, I haven't seen you on. Unless you have a different rp name.

• Like 3

+1

-Fun to RP with

-Not toxic like a lot of people

-Has a good understanding of the rules 

Should be given a chance GL

• Like 1

He has no life this is his life so let him have it. No admins are ever on or they if they are its not really to respond to sits.

+Promised to be an active staff member

+Promised to not just rp but respond to calls whenever online

+ Ive never seen anything mingy from him

++very thought out app well written 

+1 Seems like they pick random people for mod so why not give him a shot

Edited by GoldFishie
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, GoldFishie said:

He has no life this is his life so let him have it. No admins are ever on or they if they are its not really to respond to sits.

+Promised to be an active staff member

+Promised to not just rp but respond to calls whenever online

+ Ive never seen anything mingy from him

++very thought out app well written 

+1 Seems like they pick random people for mod so why not give him a shot

They don't pick random people. Just saying.

Multiple things factor in finding someone to be staff. If we gave just anybody staff, the server would run to shit.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, akuma. said:

They don't pick random people. Just saying.

Multiple things factor in finding someone to be staff. If we gave just anybody staff, the server would run to shit.

I should've been more clear my bad. I meant I see random admins hop on all the time for about an hour or so  just disappear again and not be seen for another week or two. Seems like there's alotttttttttttttttta admins that don't play much at all