Lemon©

Trial-Mod Application 11/9/19

• In-Game Name: Lemon©
  • Timezone: EST
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:107501974
  • Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lemonboiii/home
  • Hours on the server: 546
  • Times you're most active: Monday - Sunday usually Weekdays - 5:00 - 7 or 8:30. Weekends (Depends on when I wake up) - 12am, 1am etc.
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I believe I should be moderator as I'm a person who can adapt well to other players' moods, and how they're acting so if they're being extremely disrespectful it wont change how I'm going to get through a sit. I have previous experience being a moderator on the server, and I have great communication skills so I'm able to talk to players about what they did, what happened to them, why they're being warned etc. The reason I want to be moderator is I want to keep the server at a stable state, and keeping it running smoothly. I want to make a good environment for other players so they can enjoy their time.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes I am willing to listening to a chosen mentor.
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes I am open on many days of the week.

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: To first find prop spam I will check the spawn logs to see what player might be the culprit, and what they're spawning. I will then tp myself to the player, and watch their activity for a few seconds. If a base is being pasted down, and that's what is causing the lag I will know it isn't prop spam as it's just a base that make have a lot of props that go into it. If they're randomly placing down props (usually the same prop over and over again). I can determine if it is prop spam. I will then remove the props and teleport the player to a sit area. To deal with the prop spammer I would ask them why they're prop spamming. Usually their reason is always with malicious intent, and I will ban the player after telling them why they're being banned, thereafter I will request an extension on the players ban.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: To first see if the base is illegal as to not disturb the player by just instantly bringing them. I would tp to the base, and cloak myself. I will search the base for anything illegal I find. If nothing is found I will return to the player, and ask them specifically if they noticed anything. Whatever they say they noticed I will check once again, and if it does come out as illegal. I will go to the owner of the base, and explain why the base is illegal. If everything goes smoothly I will hope they will fix what is wrong with the base. If they argue with it. I will listen to what they have to say for their perspective, and if possible I will rebuttal back with what the MOTD states. If they refuse to fix what is wrong with the base, and ignore my requests. I will remove the base, and warn the player accordingly. If they put the base back down. I will kick the player from the server, and warn/ban them if needed.

You see another staff member abusing their power: Staff abuse is when a staff member uses their power in a malicious way, ex. Freezing random people, going god mode to raid bases. I will first go to the staff member myself, and I will ask why they're doing this. If it comes up as a complete misunderstanding then I will leave it at that but watch them a bit more to see if they do it again. If it is done again, and I can see that it's being done with this malicious intent, I'll request a higher-up to look into what they're doing, and get them striked/demoted accordingly as Staff abuse is not tolerable in any way possible.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: If a player isn't listening to what I'm saying. I will always keep my cool, if I blow up in their face it'll make me unprofessional, and I need to be a role-model for the server.  I do not want a player to quit because they feel attacked by a staff member. I will listen to what they're saying, and I will keep my cool and respond to what they said. I will continue to talk to them if they want another punishment, and try to explain why I'm being unfair on their behalf.  If they're completely screaming at me, not letting me speak and tell them what they did wrong. I will mute them so I can finish my statements before warning them as needed.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR:  Rda: Random Arrest RDM: Random Deathmatch NLR: New Life Rule. RDA is when a player who is roleplaying as a class of the law is running around arresting players with no reason, or warrant for why they're doing it. RDM is when a player is killing a player(s) for no reason but just to ruin their experience on the server. NLR: NLR is when you die everything that happened in your last life is completely void, and you cannot hold a player against what they did (excluding hits).  To see if a player is breaking any of these rules. I will check logs, and do nlrcheck (name) in chat to see what is happening to what players. If any of these rules are being broken I will bring this player to the sit, and explain what they did wrong. Check their warns, then tell them why they're being warned, and what their punishment will be. I will then warn/ban them depending on previous warns, and the severity of the situation

(Additional Comments): Although I do have a history of leaving, and them coming back and my recent activity with the whole In Defense of Blazen incident. I do expect these to be taken into account. I do not want these to hold you back from giving me another chance. I expect that even if this isn't accepted I will stay and I will better myself. I want to be better and consistently move forward. I want you to take these into account. But I don't want this to completely hold me back from getting a staff position. I don't want this to blind you from my potential. Thank you for reading, and have a great day. 

• Like 1

After the whole Blazen thing I personally don't think you should hold a staff position. You pushing yourself into other people's business and trying to argue against a topic that you had no idea about looked very childish to me. I would rather prefer you take a month or two and be active on the server and forums and interact with the community in a positive way, then apply for staff.

Goodluck.

• Like 5

+1

You've been nothing but nice to myself and others players from what ive seen.

Past staff, knows the rules.

I don't see anything childish about wanting to start a discussion, which is what that post was, people saying thats childish are over reacting and missing the point and relying on merely their feelings to come to a conclusion. Whether or not he was wrong or right its clear his intentions were in the right. I find it ironic people that have had issues with bias and well simply put childish behavior are going to put you down for that. 1-2 months is a little silly, he clearly isnt having any issues behavior wise, it was a misinformed/lack of evidence post at that. i'm sure he's learned his lesson he doesnt need to hide away in some cave doing deep thinking to change that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

+/- Nuetral

+decent app

+Seem like a nice guy

-Haven't seen you in game much

-Questionable maturity level based on forum posts

Good luck with your application 🙂

• Like 2

+1

Dude is a nice guy and I can see him becoming a staff member again

I don't think there was an problem when he was a previous staff 

I have seen staff members be immature in game and are still good at taking care of the server

9 hours ago, Dildozer♔ said:

+/- Nuetral

+decent app

+Seem like a nice guy

-Haven't seen you in game much

-Questionable maturity level based on forum posts

Good luck with your application 🙂

Completely Agree with this.

I'm Neutral

I talked to you once and didn't feel a good vibe from you. 

14 is a little too young for +1

Plus you left staff position before.

Good luck though. 🤠

I feel you push yourself into situation you know nothing about (Ex. the post about Blazen)

I think you're too young for staff to handle situations

Every time I see you type it is usually something very foolish/childish

+/-

-Often leaving the staff team and rejoining it

+You are a great pick for staff and you are very respectful

-The blazen post was kind of childish

Other than the issues with you leaving over and over. I distinctly remember when a bunch of us were drinking and you decided to join in, the next day, you started telling everyone we forced you to do so. Ive seen nothing but childish issues.

I used to be able to see a mature side of you, but in the end you are still very childish and not fit

-You constantly join the staff team and leave, without a doubt in my mind you will become inactive or leave shortly after gauntlet

-Like I said you are somewhat childish and I have personally confronted you about no-clipping to your base to defend in the past.

-The whole issue about you defending blazen is certainty not looking too good for you

-I personally havn't been on much due to activities, but I havn't seen you on ONCE in the time I have been on.

I personally haven't been on in a week or so but when i was on i didn't really see you in game or on the server

I never really talked to you much so i wouldn't know how you are acting now but from when i talked to you last and from what Im hearing now you have changed and are immature now

The whole blazen situation looks bad for you and i didn't really see the point in reopening that situation, Blazen was in the wrong and if you just asked a few of the staff you might have found that out instead of just asking blazen and GMO

You seem to join and leave the staff team and im not sure if you would stick around 

55 minutes ago, Demon. said:

the next day, you started telling everyone we forced you to do so.

DM me on discord and I'll clear that entire story up because that isn't true at all.

+1

• Use to be a staff member
  • Knows the rules
  • Not toxic and actually respectful to players

• Young age
  • Isn't the most active and could potentially resign again

Overall though I support you being a trial moderator. I'd suggest ignoring the negativity directed at you as they are simply haters and want nothing but to see you fail at this. You did the right thing at standing up on injustice and there will always be people who don't support you for doing that. I'd say that makes you a leader rather than a follower, which is a good quality to have as a staff member. You aren't afraid to speak your mind when you think something is wrong and that should not be punished, but rewarded. I wish you the best of luck and hope people realize that you are young, but definitely capable of this position especially considering you once had it before.

• Haha 3

-/+

You were a great staff member when you were here and active.

But I do think that you potentially resigning is an issue that can be avoided easily by, well, not accepting you at all.

I will +1 this if you promise to stay on the server, take sits, and not leave after a month of being mod.