Bames

Bames' Moderator Application 11/10/19

In-Game Name: Bames

Timezone: MST - GMT -7

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:203529496

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/AnexGraphics/

Hours on the server: 117 Since The Reset, but I had over 250-300+ hours from around 2 years ago. So i'm around 460 hours. 

Times you're most active: I'm currently getting into a job, and I'm in college so i'm still learning my schedule but during the afternoons and every weekend, i'm available.

Why I want/should be a moderator: I think my best qualities as a person is to have logical thinking, and a great moral compass towards making decisions. I think about something really hard before coming to a final decision which allows me to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I also have a great moral compass in being nice towards people, but i'm willing to get harsher if the situation demands that outcome, however I want to remain morally just. 

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes, I have read the rules fully, understand, and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly and morally as possible

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?:  I'm completely accepting and willing to listen to any staff member to mentor and guide me as a staff even when I don't need it, so that I can make wise decisions that everyone sees as fair.

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes, I am certain I am able to be staff for several hours a week

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: First off, I would open up the logs and see who was spamming the props on the map, and then I would teleport to that specific player. I'd logically think if the person's intent was to do the prop spam or not. If the player is intentionally prop spamming, I would instantly freeze the player to prevent them from spawning more items, tell them what they're doing wrong, then i'd gather the evidence in case an appeal is made by that specific player, then ban them for the max amount of time I was allowed to ban them for, but requesting an extension if needed be. If the prop spam was unintentional, then I would politely ask the player to be careful when placing a lot of props, as it can lag other players. 

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: First off, I would teleport to the accused player of the illegal base, and figure out if they're base is actually breaking the rules. If they are breaking the rules, then I'd tell the player exactly what the issue is and what they can do to prevent the situation. If another staff member was on, I would request them to come check out the base, in case I accidentally missed something to benefit the player. If the player avoided my advice, then I would first verbally warn the player in order to get them to stop. If the player kept breaking the rules and would not listen, I would then kick the player, or tell a staff member to remove the base.

You see another staff member abusing their power: Some examples of a staff member abusing their power is using no-clip to break into a base, using unfair bias to punish a player, using god mode in RP situations, or even harassing players with threats to ban them. First off, I'd start by begin a recording session, and try to speak with the staff member in order to understand the situation, and i'd address what I feel is not right to do. If the staff member didn't listen to me, then I'd end my recording with enough proof to testify against the staff member and submit it to a higher up.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: First, I'd ask the player if they'd prefer a different staff member if one is available. If A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit, I'd first start to gag/mute the player, and finish the sit as normal and then unmute/ungag the player. If the person was just throwing insults, I wouldn't care and move on through the sit, unless it makes a sit completely uncooperative. If there is no other staff available, and the person demands a different staff member than I will attempt to contact a different staff member or suggest that the player submit an appeal regarding the sit if they feel it was unjust.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR:

RDA: (Random Arrest) Is when a player randomly arrests a player for no specific RP reason. For example, Skullmohawk arrests Lemon while he's sitting on a park bench for no reason. I'd know that the person is RDA by checking the logs and looking at the amount of arrests the player has done, and by the reports players submit.

RDM: (Random Death Match) is when a player randomly kills a player with no RP reason or for the intent of being malicious. For example, Dildozer kills Babydumptruck for being in the way of the spawn door. I'd know if this occurs by checking the logs for the amount of deaths the player has done, and by the reports players submit.

NLR: (New Life Rule) is when a player dies and instantly comes back before the 5 minutes period, and engaging in an RP situation that you did in your old life. For example, Wiggy gets killed during a raid and doesn't care and decides to walk back in the door and kill the guy who's raiding. I'd know if a player broke this rule by doing /nlrcheck *name*  to see if they broke the rule, and then doing /clearpos to clear the screen.

(Additional Comments): I'd like to say that if we have any issues between each other, feel free to private message so we can talk out any issues we have ❤️

• Like 1

Big +1

+one of the most mature people on the server

+staff experience

+good app

+saw you get a warm you didn’t agree with in game and you handled it very well 

+great activity

good luck on your app 🙂 

• Thanks 1

For the time being I'd like to say +1

+ Pretty good application

+/- I haven't really seen you in-game aside from one time, it might just be me though.

+ From what I've seen you're pretty friendly

+ Active in on the forums

Yeah you're a pretty well rounded dude, and I wouldn't mind seeing you staff on the server.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lemon© said:

For the time being I'd like to say +1

+ Pretty good application

+/- I haven't really seen you in-game aside from one time, it might just be me though.

+ From what I've seen you're pretty friendly

+ Active in on the forums

Yeah you're a pretty well rounded dude, and I wouldn't mind seeing you staff on the server.

Yeah, I have seen you on quite a bit but haven't really engaged with you. Thanks for the feedback! ❤️

+1 

Ive had many encounters with you as I see you almost everyday:

+He’s mature and most definitely not toxic

+He’s funny and very laid back

+Very well thought-out and thorough application

+Good forum activity (although I value in-game activity much more)

Best of luck bro!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1

You are mature and for sure not toxic from what I have seen. The application looks good, and I think you have a really good personality, maturity level, and knowledge of rules.

Would love to see you get a shot at joining the team, gl ^^

• Thanks 1

+/-

- Haven't seen you much in game but when I run into you you've broken rules in front of me 😞

+ Good app!

+ Active on forums 

- Kinda mingy 

-/+ putting on an act to be staff

-1 you and @Skullmohawk weak at pulling girls. (just kidding)

I’m pretty neutral on this, I haven’t been on much in the past couple weeks.

I haven’t seen you be inherently toxic and I haven’t heard anything about you breaking rules from other staff.

I’m sure you’d do fine in the trial mod phase if you behave and keep a good attitude, good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Mikeyy said:

- kinda mingey ing

On 11/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, MoneyMan said:

- Kinda mingy 

What has he been doing that is mingy? Just trying to get a good understanding of what he's been doing.

• Like 1