Kodey 🐧

Why Were warns removed?

So why were the warns removed? When I asked Vlad about this, I got this answer.

image0.png

But this still left me confused, as warns are pretty useful, and (as far as I know) people genuinely used warns for their purpose. Also, when I asked about what we should do against stun stick whores and general minges.

image0.png

I’m basically just asking for more insight into this.

@Developer @Super Administrator

• Like 1

Stun stick abusers, Mic spammers, Griefers are all people that need to be reported to staff. Problems need to be handled properly not just by killing others, giving the option to warn and kill the perpetrator just allows them to continue on with their wrong doings to other players and never truly solves the problem. If you are having problems with a player interjecting themselves where they're not welcome such as talking in game or through voice chat then you're now able to block them in-game. The other side of warns are that players like to warn other players JUST to kill them which is extremely mingy and is just downright annoying for the staff team to have to deal with as a whole. Having someone call RDM to then bring the accused to say " I WARNEDD IN CHAT, IT'S NOT RDM OMERGAWD" is just a waste of time for everyone involved. This should help limit down the rdm claims to actual rdm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Korean said:

Stun stick abusers, Mic spammers, Griefers are all people that need to be reported to staff.

This is crazy to me. You guys are adding all these little issues to be dealt with by staff. But you took away PARTY ABUSE, cause “it’s unnecessary sits for staff”. 

Complete dogshit 

• Like 2

Stun stick abusers, Mic spammers, Griefers are all people that need to be reported to staff.

While that is the ideal solution, (most of the time) you have to wait around half an hour for staff to respond, and by then the actual problem will be over with little to no proof. Even if there’s proof, it takes a long time to actually upload/screenshare proof. Warning them at least gives the victim a chance to defend themselves, and gives the staff a reason to warn the attacker if they break new life rule.

If you are having problems with a player interjecting themselves where they're not welcome such as talking in game or through voice chat then you're now able to block them in-game.

While blocking them is an option, it’s a more permanent solution, especially if you forget that they exist

As for people who like to abuse warns, how much of a problem was it? I personally never noticed it and was only victim to it in 2017’s Halloween event.

Edited by Kodey 🦉

Personally I see positives and negatives to the change, it will put more of a work load on staff because they’ll have to handle a lot more tedious stuff. At the same time, it was probably hard for staff to deal with sits where people warned to kill because it ends up being a bunch of he said she said scenarios. 

I can see players being annoyed by this change though. If a player is being stun sticked for 20 seconds straight so they decide to call and admin and there are either no admins available or those admins are handling more pressing issues, you can not do ANYTHING about that player stun sticking you. If you decide to kill the player after a while of no admin responding, that player can easily get you in trouble for RDM. It just seems like a fantasy for minges

Edited by Dildozer♔
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dildozer♔ said:

If you decide to kill the player after a while of no admin responding, that player can easily get you in trouble for RDM. It just seems like a fantasy for minges

That's the current case that still happens with the warn system in place, people might not know they are suppose to warn or didnt give "adequate time (10s)" and the victim still becomes the assailant. To prevent this from happening and having abusive people getting away with it by flipping the sit around on unreasonable rdm, I think the better alternative is to have killing not be allowed even with warns and you need to report it. If there is evidence then there should be no issue with handing out proper punishments. I do understand the frustration on staff not answering calls or none being on but unfortunately we are all volunteers at the end of the day and players as well, I think everyone tries their best for the most part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kodey 🦉 said:

While blocking them is an option, it’s a more permanent solution, especially if you forget that they exist

As for people who like to abuse warns, how much of a problem was it? I personally never noticed it and was only victim to it in 2017’s Halloween event.

So blocking is a more permanent solution to a potentially temporary problem but then why can't you either let it go or just ask them to stop maturely? If they persist then is it really an issue for you to block them since they clearly have no intentions of legitimately interacting with you anyways? 

For the second part, this more stops new players trolling by joining buy guns and warning and killing players like minges, it's just an autistic way to mrdm and it's just unnecessary to have as a feature when you do have a staff team or the options of reporting it online on the forums or using the discord or using the in-game @  command

19 minutes ago, Korean said:

So blocking is a more permanent solution to a potentially temporary problem but then why can't you either let it go or just ask them to stop maturely? If they persist then is it really an issue for you to block them since they clearly have no intentions of legitimately interacting with you anyways? 

For the second part, this more stops new players trolling by joining buy guns and warning and killing players like minges, it's just an autistic way to mrdm and it's just unnecessary to have as a feature when you do have a staff team or the options of reporting it online on the forums or using the discord or using the in-game @  command

A problem I had with it that’s kind of unrelated but whenever this guy followed me in game and harassed me I blocked him but whenever you rejoin the server it unblocks them so it’s annoying having to reblock people whenever you rejoin the server, considering the block feature like you said is supposed to be a more permanent solution 

i feel like this will backfire hard, i have never seen a new player use warns to mass rdm. the main reason i see it used is when someone is blocking a door/minging/mic spamming to kill them. if the goal of this was to reduce the amount of staff sits i feel like that will backfire too because people will be calling sits over anything slightly mingey. 

staff sits are annoying and players dont like being in them. i dont think that everything needs to be so strictly moderated, players should be able to solve some issues themselfs without being pulled into a long boring staff sit. i feel like a lot of players will just let minges do their thing, or just shoot them because they dont wanna be bothered to go into a sit over someone whos just being annoying. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dildozer♔ said:

A problem I had with it that’s kind of unrelated but whenever this guy followed me in game and harassed me I blocked him but whenever you rejoin the server it unblocks them so it’s annoying having to reblock people whenever you rejoin the server, considering the block feature like you said is supposed to be a more permanent solution 

That definitely is something @Marki could look into on fixing as that would be super annoying having them be a problem anytime they rejoin. Was unaware of this not staying blocked, I've never personally had to use the feature yet.

24 minutes ago, Modem said:

if the goal of this was to reduce the amount of staff sits.

staff sits are annoying and players dont like being in them. i dont think that everything needs to be so strictly moderated, players should be able to solve some issues themselfs without being pulled into a long boring staff sit. i feel like a lot of players will just let minges do their thing, or just shoot them because they dont wanna be bothered to go into a sit over someone whos just being annoying. 

I don't think the goal is necessarily less sits as a whole but rather what the sits themselves are about, it's pointlessly taking a sit that player A was "rdm'd" by player Z but really it was a warning killing based on Player A was being a dickhead and mic spamming or stun sticking. Which in my own opinion that if it's a problem it needs to be dealt with by staff because if its not then its he said, she said and that never goes well for anyone generally, especially really vague scenarios. I'll let the current supers finish up any thoughts or response they might have on it though, not 100% on their current goals and reasoning. (And I'm at work so 😧 )

12 hours ago, tig ole bitties said:

This is crazy to me. You guys are adding all these little issues to be dealt with by staff. But you took away PARTY ABUSE, cause “it’s unnecessary sits for staff”. 

Complete dogshit 

I get super annoyed when people miss the point really hard. People used to brag to me about how they got away with rdm because of warns and/or crossfire. The point of removing these things is to automate them. Party abuse is almost completely automated now. Same thing is planned for warns.

Edit:

I'm also gonna make the stun stick less annoying.

Edited by Marki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marki said:

I get super annoyed when people miss the point really hard. People used to brag to me about how they got away with rdm because of warns and/or crossfire. The point of removing these things is to automate them. Party abuse is almost completely automated now. Same thing is planned for warns.

Edit:

Can you make the stun stick do 1 damage so that you can kill anyone that stun sticks you?

1 minute ago, Dildozer♔ said:

Can you make the stun stick do 1 damage so that you can kill anyone that stun sticks you?

Good idea. I'll add that next restart.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Marki said:

Edit:

Still dogshit. No reason to remove it, because how much of a issue was it? You never hear about that lol. 

idk what you mean by party abuse being automated, unless you mean the thing that says someone has taken from your printer(unless something that I don’t know or was just added). That chat text doesn’t help our case at all, now if it said a name that’s a diff story. 

Edited by tig ole bitties
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marki said:

Edit:

This is great to hear! I’m glad the warns system is being reworked, but I personally would’ve preferred to keep them until the new system is complete.

also, don’t close the topic, i’m Sure other people will have questions

Edited by Kodey 🦉
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tig ole bitties said:

Still dogshit. No reason to remove it, because how much of a issue was it? You never hear about that lol. 

idk what you mean by party abuse being automated, unless you mean the thing that says someone has taken from your printer(unless something that I don’t know or was just added). That chat text doesn’t help our case at all, now if it said a name that’s a diff story. 

I've heard about it plenty. It's a lousy way to mitigate a problem. Instead, we could automate away almost every reason you'd have for warning someone.

I assume you haven't played much recently then because I added a checkbox to the new printers that prevent party members from taking out of your printers and a new keypad that only party members can open.

6 hours ago, Kodey 🦉 said:

This is great to hear! I’m glad the warns system is being reworked, but I personally would’ve preferred to keep them until the new system is complete.

also, don’t close the topic, i’m Sure other people will have questions

Oh, sorry for my weird wording. I meant that I'm planning on automating things involving warns, like body blocking and whatnot.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 8:39 AM, tig ole bitties said:

Complete dogshit 

I completely agree... party abuse is a way bigger issue 😃 

Edited by Yippi

1 minute ago, Child with a gun said:

how did you manage to quote me on a completely different post 

LMAO I JUST REALISED THAT WTF???

• Cool 1

I mean i have had a good few sits involving the warn system, it was a huge gray area and ive had to warn people for rdm because of them killing other people too fast and i dont really mind it, just block the person and make your suggestions to make it better, marki cant think of every thing so thats why we have the suggestion section