Sign in to follow this  
GoldFishie

New No Warning Players

I very much dislike that you can no longer warn players to get away from you and kill them after 10 seconds I have no idea who thought this would be a good idea.

Examples of when its NEEDED.

Player running with a pallet of bud to sell. Party member's hanging  around and protecting but cant kill somebody that's obviously going to steal it/ sell it before you can.

Hobo running with trash to sell. Player hanging around you to let you get closer or even put it in the machine before they kill you and steal it and collect the money

Hobo going through trash for token eggs and a player standing ready to steal every one that pops out.

I understand that you can call an admin it they are harassing  you but this would be considered RP because players can steal but there is no way to get the player away from you that's trying to steal it in the moment without it being rdm. And in the first two no admin would find that as harassment.

Admins are not on 24/7 and cant expected to be on 24/7 so this lets players deal with something in the moment by themselves.

Im sure more examples will arise in the future that only solidify why we need the warn system back.

If you're going to remove this you need to also remove stealing from players aswell.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm not very well versed with systems like the hobo trash thingy, but these are probably fixable problems.

25 minutes ago, Marki said:

I'm not very well versed with systems like the hobo trash thingy, but these are probably fixable problems.

The main point is that players are able to follow you when you are running anything to another base or to sell and their is no way to act upon them about to steal it without them making the first move. If you make the first move even if its obviously going to steal its rdm.

the warn system is abused more times than not and it seems like it's been working. Although it would be nice in certain situations to be able to warn and kill someone, you can still work around it by being more on edge and waiting for them to do something.

I'd rather it not be here and have players work around it than have minges have the power of warning a player for anything and then killing someone, which then would require the victim to provide evidence if they want the minge punished.

• Angry 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree that sometimes you can feel a need for the system, but i pretty much agree with what Dildo said. 
It can spiral into something more problematic than useful.

54 minutes ago, Dildozer♔ said:

the warn system is abused more times than not and it seems like it's been working. Although it would be nice in certain situations to be able to warn and kill someone, you can still work around it by being more on edge and waiting for them to do something.

I'd rather it not be here and have players work around it than have minges have the power of warning a player for anything and then killing someone, which then would require the victim to provide evidence if they want the minge punished.

Building off this, during the prime of weed being really good money, people would bring friends with them while selling to help defend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon. said:

Building off this, during the prime of weed being really good money, people would bring friends with them while selling to help defend.

What if you have no friends 😞

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What if you have no friends 😞

I agree with ryan. Sometimes you dont have a group if 3, if not nobody to base with you at times. Anybody can come up to you and steal your 12 mil of weed that you've been working on for a while. It's good to have some sort of warn option. Or maybe KOS if gun out within 5m of you selling goods.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Demon. said:

Exactly what can the friends do without a warning system like we had? They just have to stand around and right when you take it to the person somebody can follow you and swoop in last second and sell it at the dude before you can. Then you can kill them after that but they've already gotten the money

22 minutes ago, GoldFishie said:

Exactly what can the friends do without a warning system like we had? They just have to stand around and right when you take it to the person somebody can follow you and swoop in last second and sell it at the dude before you can. Then you can kill them after that but they've already gotten the money

There's many things you can do.

1. Scout the area and make sure there are no people in the area (As I have done many times)

2. Wait for them to make a move for it

3. Go back once you see someone and wait until the area clears.

Although these seem like over the top things to do, that's what balances the obnoxious amount of money trash collecting and selling weed makes. If you add warns back, that removes a majority of the risk of selling weed or trash. Right now it's balanced because you have to be cautious, and it's a big risk, especially considering you can sell weed in quantities of 80m+ at a time. Adding the warn system back and killing anyone who comes near you would cause a lot of problems and would make weed selling and trash collecting extremely overpowered.

It also adds a lot to the experience of playing a thief class, and smartly coordinating how you're gonna steal these items from people and it actually paying off if they're able to steal it.

Edited by Dildozer♔
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, Dildozer♔ said:

There's many things you can do.

1. Scout the area and make sure there are no people in the area (As I have done many times)

2. Wait for them to make a move for it

3. Go back once you see someone and wait until the area clears.

Although these seem like over the top things to do, that's what balances the obnoxious amount of money trash collecting and selling weed makes. If you add warns back, that removes a majority of the risk of selling weed or trash. Right now it's balanced because you have to be cautious, and it's a big risk, especially considering you can sell weed in quantities of 80m+ at a time. Adding the warn system back and killing anyone who comes near you would cause a lot of problems and would make weed selling and trash collecting extremely overpowered.

It also adds a lot to the experience of playing a thief class, and smartly coordinating how you're gonna steal these items from people and it actually paying off if they're able to steal it.

I may get my hobo trash money stolen every 2 minutes but I agree with this, I’ve seen many people on YouTube abuse the warn system and see them kill sombody for no reason because they were “following” them.

ok so no just get good and click on their heads but really just be more on edge and also thats the point of all that, you can make a shit ton of money with weed and trash but you have to work for it and protect it 

As much as I sometimes wish I could warn the annoying person following me around waving their tip jar in my face, I acknowledge that all it would take to cause a big problem would be another popular troll YouTuber starting a large trend of warn minging. And I think everybody knows which YouTuber I’m referring to, since they sometimes come onto Ret looking to minge. I’m torn between removal and reinstatement.

• Thanks 1