Jouaram

Update Blog - 02/01/2020

9 minutes ago, Deathie said:

I made some changes to it tonight to try and make it less cancerous and closer to what I intended when I first added it to the server, but binds and cheese completely ruined it years ago. I added a 3-use limit to it and it only lasts for 7 seconds on each use, so your maximum use time is 21 seconds... I also had to disable it for PD since they can break NLR for PD raids, completely negating the drawback/intended function, which is that you basically trade your life and rewards of your raid in exchange for immortality for a few precious seconds, maybe to spearhead and be a martyr for your party members in a raid or something. Not the way people use it now to bind godmode forever.

Just so we're clear, I don't like the drug either and think it'd probably be better to be removed entirely (or have a completely different effect), I just made some changes to try and at least scale it back some since it was totally OP the way it was before.

Honestly it's probably better off removed like you said but I think trying to balance things before removing them is always great

26 minutes ago, Deathie said:

I made some changes to it tonight to try and make it less cancerous and closer to what I intended when I first added it to the server, but binds and cheese completely ruined it years ago. I added a 3-use limit to it and it only lasts for 7 seconds on each use, so your maximum use time is 21 seconds... I also had to disable it for PD since they can break NLR for PD raids, completely negating the drawback/intended function, which is that you basically trade your life and rewards of your raid in exchange for immortality for a few precious seconds, maybe to spearhead and be a martyr for your party members in a raid or something. Not the way people use it now to bind godmode forever.

Just so we're clear, I don't like the drug either and think it'd probably be better to be removed entirely (or have a completely different effect), I just made some changes to try and at least scale it back some since it was totally OP the way it was before.

21 seconds is still a lot to have god mode, i think it should only be one use. 

Edited by Modem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Modem said:

21 seconds is still a lot to have god mode

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, but at least it's better than infinite. I don't want to make the drug completely useless since it was at least added back in. I don't know if you can really balance it to where it's viable without being too overpowered. The entire purpose of the drug is to be overpowered, in exchange for your life under the assumption that NLR is the price you pay.

The server is really different now though, then when that drug was first implemented.

3 minutes ago, Deathie said:

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, but at least it's better than infinite. I don't want to make the drug completely useless since it was at least added back in. I don't know if you can really balance it to where it's viable without being too overpowered. The entire purpose of the drug is to be overpowered, in exchange for your life under the assumption that NLR is the price you pay.

The server is really different now though, then when that drug was first implemented.

What if instead of god mode it made you headshot only or something like that?

so that it's at least still counterable I think that'd be reasonable. It would give them an advantage while still having a counter. Where as right now it's just powerful with 0 counter

Edited by Dildozer♔

26 minutes ago, Deathie said:

theres literally no counter to it though. its literally godmode

Edited by Modem

2 hours ago, Dildozer♔ said:

What if instead of god mode it made you headshot only or something like that?

so that it's at least still counterable I think that'd be reasonable. It would give them an advantage while still having a counter. Where as right now it's just powerful with 0 counter

Ya, that's a pretty good solution, but idk when I'll get to it. I'd rather it was just removed again tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathie said:

Ya, that's a pretty good solution, but idk when I'll get to it. I'd rather it was just removed again tbh.

removing it until you guys get to a solution would be the best option imo

20 hours ago, Deathie said:

no dont please

ive been trying to get it back in game for months dont do this to me

Maybe instead of giving complete god mode for 21 seconds or whatever, it just gives you a big health boost to like 1500 for a certain amount of time or something along those lines?