Sign in to follow this  
H.G Wells

H George Wells Staff Application

My in game Name is H George Wells, I am a 27 year old man in MST Canada. My steam id is STEAM_0:1:163285112, the link to my steam account is https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198286835953.
I currently hold 244 hours on the server, with my work schedule allowing me to play 7pm MST to 2am MST most nights, with the exception of Wednesdays and Thursdays in which i am off all day. 

I have been staff on other servers, most recently and held longest was on Revenant dark RP as head admin, I was staff there over 2 years. I would like to rejoin the ranks of staff as i see a massive vacuum of staff coverage during the hours that i am usually active. I am also drawn to the server as it has done away with many of the archaic advert systems that are ever present on every other server that i have frequented. I have the patience and understanding to moderate fairly, coupled with experience and basic understanding of staff binds and the like. 

While I have gone through the rules, i am not adverse to asking questions or simply using the ctrl+f function to pinpoint a rule, i would rather look up a rule and link it to the offender than go off of a perhaps outdated understanding of a rule.

I would most definitely submit to any rules, regulations or advice given by a mentoring staff member, i am there to learn and it is not my place to question or change something: i am sure that there is a staff venue for any of those concerns on a staff discord.

I spend according to steam, 50 plus hours a week on this server(editted this because i wrote discord instead or server), i am very confident i can exceed any hour cap laid out for me.

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam:  Based off previously used staff menus I have used, i would look at props placed and entities to see if i can find somebody trying to exploit those fields to lag or crash the server.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal:] I would take a quick survey, if i may deem any parts of the base illegal, i would ask the raiding party to return in five minutes to grant the basing party time to correct any issues i have found in their base. Obviously this is a grey area and could require a host of other responses and fixes.

You see another staff member abusing their power:  Given my status on the totem pole, I would simply turn on OBS and record the offences, I can only record and report offences, coupled only with discord private messages if the staff member was threatening the integrity of the sever.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: If the insults are only being shared privately, ie only our chat zone can hear, i would reason with them or warn them to show respect. Once it become an occ or advert situation i would be much more prone to muting and gagging if the situation extended to voice chat.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: Depending upon a players warn history, coupled with asking staff who are already online and have dealt with the player that day, we could range from a warn, a short ban to a ban spanning many hours. If no previous warns were garnished, no other staff to consult, I would give the player a 6 hour ban, if they were properly warned by myself in that session.

I have come into a lot of free time lately, coincidentally i spend most of it here. I think I could bring some balance to the community here .

•  
Edited by H.G Wells
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Denied. Although I don’t mind how much effort you put into your application it’s a little hard to read. Try maybe separating the colours a bit like the actual template to give it that finished clean look. Your activity on forums isn’t too consistent and I know it’s been a little drought but keep at it and work on presenting your application next week when you apply 😉 

you may re apply in a week 

• Like 2