Sign in to follow this  
Showton Bois

jimmy nut's Moderator Application: 19/02/20

In-Game Name: jimmy nut

Timezone: PST

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:178054779

Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/retardfaith/

Hours on the server: 164

Times you're most active: I can be on around anytime around 3-9. Somewhere in the middle of that time-frame is when I can really get on.

Why I want/should be a moderator: I really enjoy the community and interacting with everyone, even the people who might dislike me. I know the rules, and I feel I could definitely be a good fit for staff on Ret. I have experience with ULX, but apparently you guys changed from that (?).

Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: I have read the rules several times over again, and I keep up to date with new rule changes as they are put out. I am able to enforce them as correctly as possible. 

Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: I would absolutely be up for having a mentor to guide myself through any trouble or questions I have while in the t-mod stages.

Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: I can definitely play more than several hours a week. I already play pretty frequently (granted the break I took over last weekend, as I was out of town till Monday night), and I can definitely step up my playtime if needed.

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: In the situation someone sent an @ message or not, i'd handle the situation different. If someone called an admin, I'd ask them who they think is prop-spamming, and I'd check prop logs and teleport to the person to see if they are actually prop spamming, or if they are just pasting a dupe or building. If i saw the server start to lag out, i'd check prop logs to find out who is spamming props, and the amount of props. As soon as I determine who actually is spawning props that could lag out the server, i'd to them and check out what they are doing. I'd try to work out the situation by giving them a verbal warning. As stated in the punishment guidelines, it says that the first offense of prop-abuse, which is what I think prop spam is classed as. I'd keep watch of prop logs to see if they try to do it again, and if they do I'd escalate the punishments already given.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal: I'd check teleport to the person who reported the base, and ask what is wrong with it, as well as doing my own examination to try and find anything the play missed. I would try to help the player who's base is illegal, in the case that it IS in fact illegal, and try to walk them through things that they need to fix. If the player refused, i'd warn them and escalate the punishment if needed. 

You see another staff member abusing their power: 

Examples:

• No-clipping into bases
  • No-clipping while off-duty for no reason
  • Spawning in guns or money
  • Using god mode for no reason

If I saw another member of staff abusing their power in any way, i'd gather evidence in the form of screenshots or videos. After I gain needed proof, i'd bring it to Jouaram and the Super and Senior Admins. I think it's really important for the staff to not abuse their power, which is why i'd try my best to capture any and all evidence needed to make sure the server stays balanced.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: I'd start by telling them to stop, and if they do not i'd gag them and listen to the other persons side of the story, then un-gag the person and let them talk. If they are still uncooperative i'd gag them again, and try to give the best punishment based on the information I've been provided.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

RDM

• Random Death Match is defined as killing someone for no reason. Reasons may include:
    • KOS signs
    • Self Defense
  • I'd get info from both parties and figure out everything I can before I make my decision. I would check damage logs to see if there was any damage exchange before any actual killing. I'd try to get a full view of the scenario before dealing out a punishment.

RDA

• Random Arrest is defined as arresting someone for no reason. Reasons may include:
    • Breaking PD Rules
    • Being wanted
    • Being a suspect
  • I'd check and see if the person was wanted, if they damaged someone, or if they broke some sort of rules in the pd or laws in place by the mayor. If there was no reason for the killing, I'd deal out a punishment fitting the crime. If there was a reason, I'd dismiss the sit and move onto the next available sit.

NLR

• New Life Rule are the rules defining how you can interact with previous players or areas. 
  • I'd check "/nlrcheck <player name>" to figure out if they returned to their place of death, a long with getting info from both parties. I'd get enough information to make an informed decision before giving a punishment if there is one needed.

(Additional Comments):

I really love this community, and i hope to take the next step on this server, and help out and keep things running orderly. 

I love interacting with everyone on the server, and I think this is a good way to get more integrated into the community

Thanks for reading my app 😄

found the fountian of youth and went from being 23 to 15

toxic

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

At least he is honest now

but you do have a racist side while causing chaos in the server

You guys are acting like you’ve never seen a time traveler before.. idiots 

also if you put neon green text over a black background you’re asking to be murdered I’m not even gonna bother reading it

Edited by Dildozer♔

12 minutes ago, Dildozer♔ said:

You guys are acting like you’ve never seen a time traveler before.

I time travel all the time !

No Longer My Response I've Changed My Opinion  

-/+ leaning towards -

+your active ingame and somewhat on fourms

-you can be toxic ingame

-why did you lie about your age? we've had young staff before

Good Luck Man

Normally I’d say this is what the gauntlet is for but imma -1

You haven’t been as active recently and are pretty toxic, if you fixed those things I’d say you deserve a chance.

once a liar, always a liar

On 2/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, terrior big COCK said:

How the fuck are you 15 now

cause id rather have an actual chance of getting staff lol

i mean, the memeing thing was fun but now that i actually want to be staff and be more involved in the community I could start actually not using tts

Its also hard cause whenever i join the chat im expected to already trying to troll so its hard to get any actual conversation in. 😢 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:35 PM, A1pha said:

liar

can we just blacklist him from staff now

Why would that happen? 

`liar`

What do you mean? what am i lying about? 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, korbin said:

once a liar, always a liar

I mean, no? When there is no consequence of memeing about my age, why am I not allowed to? 

I guess you could say an application is a place where there could be 'consequences', and I realize that now.

Thanks for the feedback 👍

On 2/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, Logical® said:

Normally I’d say this is what the gauntlet is for but imma -1

You haven’t been as active recently and are pretty toxic, if you fixed those things I’d say you deserve a chance.

I hope this doesn't at all come off as toxic but...

Do you have any advice on how to not be toxic? Like, it sounds simple but I cant be anything but toxic when when I join a vc and half the people are already hating on me without me even saying anything. 🤷‍♂️

It's a slippery slope im on here 😕

On 2/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, ᠌᠌᠌᠌᠌ said:

-1, the only interaction I have with you is you joining the voice channel I was in to flame me using text to speech.

I wouldn't say I tried to flame, maybe some friendly banter. But fair if it was interpreted as toxic.

Thanks for the feedback 😄

On 2/20/2020 at 8:41 AM, TheHipsterNapoleon said:

Lied about age may still be lying. We will never know.

No, that's actually my age. Believe me or not but that is my actual age.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:03 AM, Nigrat Dr. Philrat said:

+your active ingame and somewhat on fourms

Thanks 😄 

-you can be toxic ingame

Yeah, I could try to work on that.

-why did you lie about your age? we've had young staff before

Just a joke that I ran on too long, fair to point out that I shouldn't lie about it on my actual staff application. 

Thanks nigrat, you've always been one of my favorite staff members 😃 

On 2/20/2020 at 12:52 AM, Dean said:

but you do have a racist side while causing chaos in the server

is it that i sometimes say that i hate bl*ck people?

yeah i could quit that 😕 

6 minutes ago, Showton Bois said:

I hope this doesn't at all come off as toxic but...

Do you have any advice on how to not be toxic? Like, it sounds simple but I cant be anything but toxic when when I join a vc and half the people are already hating on me without me even saying anything. 🤷‍♂️

It's a slippery slope im on here 😕

I think you're on a good track but I would really just chill out and not really say as much, I mean you don't use your actual mic so for me I think it'd be easy just to stop saying things even when people are talking to you.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:37 AM, Dildozer♔ said:

also if you put neon green text over a black background you’re asking to be murdered I’m not even gonna bother reading it

yeah the editor is a different color, should've seen what it'd look like. I just knew blue and green go together so i said fuck it and didnt know it'd be so eye burning 🤷‍♂️

On 2/20/2020 at 12:48 AM, Sullyツ said:

Why would you lie about your age?

Just a meme I should've left out of my previous applications.

😞 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:50 PM, Logical® said:

I think you're on a good track but I would really just chill out and not really say as much, I mean you don't use your actual mic so for me I think it'd be easy just to stop saying things even when people are talking to you.

yeah, It's hard to time things to not talk over people and respond when appropriate when you cant stop the tts when someone else is talking like you can a voice.

On 2/20/2020 at 12:45 AM, Modem said:

found the fountian of youth and went from being 23 to 15

toxic

Both points are fair. 

I can be a little toxic, and the meme of me being 23 shouldn't have made it on my apps.

+1 if you were a staff the only name I'd call you by is  nut.

Spoiler

-1 nah just kidding, that's gay.

2 hours ago, Showton Bois said:

cause id rather have an actual chance of getting staff lol

Moneyman is 13 and got accepted...  +/- You're a silly goose.

• Like 1

Probably would've been better if you answered all the above in a single post but i guess this works lol.

11 hours ago, Showton Bois said:

When there is no consequence of memeing about my age, why am I not allowed to? 

Eh. I mean as much as it's not intrinsically relevant people will remember you lied about something. Makes it harder to trust someone if they lie about something like that.

11 hours ago, Showton Bois said:

No, that's actually my age. Believe me or not but that is my actual age.

They probably all meant that you went down like 10 years from your previous app.

13 hours ago, Showton Bois said:

I mean, no? When there is no consequence of memeing about my age, why am I not allowed to? 

I guess you could say an application is a place where there could be 'consequences', and I realize that now.

you don't need to defend yourself, you look funny

a lie is a lie, don't try to cover it up as a "meme" or a "joke"

also, stop flooding your application with replies

Edited by korbin
  • Angry 1

16 hours ago, Showton Bois said:

It just shows immaturity to “meme” about your age on a serious staff app. No one cares about your age, just act like you’re at least somewhat mature and you’ll be respected.

3 hours ago, korbin said:

also, stop flooding your application with replies

Not really a bad thing, probably just doesn't know how to multi quote lol. Don't need to be toxic about it.

But if you wanted it the first time, should've taken it seriously. It's a -1 this time but prove yourself on later and I could switch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrior big COCK said:

Don't need to be toxic about it

Who are you and what did you do to terrior

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrior big COCK said:

Don't need to be toxic about it.

not being toxic at all, that's just how you're taking it

• Angry 1