Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jouaram

Update Blog - 03/02/2020

Recommended Posts

RetributionRP

What's new? 

  • Skins that were purchased before the system was removed are now refundable. Type !refundskins in chat, wait for your total to be generated in chat and then type !refundskins again to be compensated. All refunds will be at a 1.25x rate (rounded up, refunded in gold bars). (If you bought 1billion of skins you'll get 1.3billion refunded).
  • Wardrobe has been replaced with Outfitter. This should fix MANY of the issues that wardrobe faced, including a bug which caused workshop to not let players become any models uploaded after February. 
    • Outfitter should load much more smoothly than wardrobe. 
    • Outfitter can change bodygroups of models (without breaking the whole system)
    • arrMm4t.png
  • Boot times have been improved over 300% resulting in 30 second load up times, this means if there is a server crash or restart, you can expect the server to be back up almost instantly. 
  • Money can now drop from Hobo dumpsters.

What's Changed?

  • Mayor now has an arrest and unarrest stick. 
  • Police Trainee/Police have had their arrest sticks removed.
  • Attorney/Lawyer has been removed.
  • Many of Zero's addons have been removed for performance reasons. This includes the trash system, luminafx (club system) and weed growing. Mining has not been removed and will be updated in the future. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Child with a gun said:

add naked lady mod

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jouaram said:

Outfitter can change bodygroups of models (without breaking the whole system)

😍

Anime girls in swimsuits, here I come.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jouaram said:

Police Trainee/Police have had their arrest sticks removed.

 

What lead to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dildozer♔ said:

What lead to this?

I dont think they were supposed to have then to begin with, but I'm not sure. The discussion happened while I was working on the refund script and testing out content packs. Either way, when the police and mayor system get updated we can probably re-add them and only allow them to arrest for auto-wanted reasons. Police trainee already cant manually make people wanted through the crime tracking system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Deathie said:

I dont think they were supposed to have then to begin with, but I'm not sure. The discussion happened while I was working on the refund script and testing out content packs. Either way, when the police and mayor system get updated we can probably re-add them and only allow them to arrest for auto-wanted reasons. Police trainee already cant manually make people wanted through the crime tracking system.

Yeah, I think it makes sense for police trainee to not arrest people because you're roleplaying someone who is in training but if full police can't arrest then what's the point in playing police? Normally, SWAT are the type of people who will go enforce warrants and participate in raids while police patrol the city and arrest people who are wanted or who they see breaking the law. So taking their ability to arrest away kinda makes the whole job pointless. 

You said you were planning on adding them back anyways though so it shouldn't be a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jouaram said:

the trash system

As in the whole hobo recycling thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luciifero said:

As in the whole hobo recycling thing? 

Yes, I felt the only reason people did it was because it generated a good profit, not because the process of doing it was actually fun. Dumpsters now have chances to give cash. It wasnt worth the server load to hold onto the trash addon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deathie said:

Yes, I felt the only reason people did it was because it generated a good profit, not because the process of doing it was actually fun. Dumpsters now have chances to give cash. It wasnt worth the server load to hold onto the trash addon.

Fair enough, i'm logging right now to see if it's a perceivable performance gain, in that case i'd say worth it for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip lawyer 

I think it could have been cool if it could be reworked 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deathie said:

Yes, I felt the only reason people did it was because it generated a good profit, not because the process of doing it was actually fun. Dumpsters now have chances to give cash. It wasnt worth the server load to hold onto the trash addon.

woah how big is the servers load 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sexmasterblack99 said:

woah how big is the servers load 😳

Name checks out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest fart

so the update basically

- removed actually good quality clubs

- removed one of the good ways to make money, meaning that the choices are even more slim to make money now that trash is gone

- removed a solid weed addon that encouraged rp

- made police not be able to arrest people, entirely defeating the point of being a police officer

- made the mayor be able to arrest people? for some reason?

- fixed the minor issues wardrobe had

- threw more money into the over inflated economy for no reason

- improved boot times instead of fixing the issue of the server constantly crashing

- removed lawyers, meaning that all arrests must serve out their entire duration, even though the time was extended to grant lawyers time to roleplay, and removing the slight glint of gameplay that being arrested used to have

 

solid work guys, this is exactly what the server needs to be brought back!

- From modem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest fart said:

so the update basically

- removed actually good quality clubs

- removed one of the good ways to make money, meaning that the choices are even more slim to make money now that trash is gone

- removed a solid weed addon that encouraged rp

- made police not be able to arrest people, entirely defeating the point of being a police officer

- made the mayor be able to arrest people? for some reason?

- fixed the minor issues wardrobe had

- threw more money into the over inflated economy for no reason

- improved boot times instead of fixing the issue of the server constantly crashing

- removed lawyers, meaning that all arrests must serve out their entire duration, even though the time was extended to grant lawyers time to roleplay, and removing the slight glint of gameplay that being arrested used to have

 

solid work guys, this is exactly what the server needs to be brought back!

- From modem

cool modem

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest fart said:

- From modem

Huh. So this is what a single digit IQ looks like.

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

Rip lawyer 

I think it could have been cool if it could be reworked 

It still can be. The bailing process itself needs a small facelift.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good update in my opinion,

only a few things left, buff my beloved double barrel, and fix the striker body perm missing texture 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A1pha said:

good update in my opinion,

only a few things left, buff my beloved double barrel, and fix the striker body perm missing texture 🙂

I have a completed content pack, I'm just trying to compress it as much as possible before publishing on the workshop. It includes all content we will be adding for the foreseeable future as well, so once this pack is done you shouldnt have to worry about additional downloads until like the summer event.

And this update was the last part of the spring cleaning on the main box. Making overhead space for all the new stuff and replacement systems. Inventory and wep rebalance is the next task. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Deathie said:

Huh. So this is what a single digit IQ looks like.

to be fair i didnt add the - from modem part.

honestly idk how the fuck they knew it was me aside from the location of my ip

yall spooky

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jouaram said:

Many of Zero's addons have been removed for performance reasons. This includes the trash system, luminafx (club system) and weed growing.

Kind of sad since these were pretty unique to job systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deathie said:

I have a completed content pack, I'm just trying to compress it as much as possible before publishing on the workshop. It includes all content we will be adding for the foreseeable future as well, so once this pack is done you shouldnt have to worry about additional downloads until like the summer event.

And this update was the last part of the spring cleaning on the main box. Making overhead space for all the new stuff and replacement systems. Inventory and wep rebalance is the next task. 

already preping for summer event What a lovely thing to hear 😍😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...