Brumskee

Dr. Brumskee's Trial-mod application

• In-Game Name: Dr. Brumskee
  • Timezone: CSD
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80555377
  • Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121376483/
  • Hours on the server: 300
  • Times you're most active: Weekends with some possible during week
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I am responsible, approachable and knowledgeable of how the server works, and have a lot of prior staff experience.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: 

I would teleport to the person that is prop spamming and determine whether they are actually spamming or if they are a new player that is struggling. I could also use logs to see how fast the props were spawned in to help figure out what is going on. If they are doing it on purpose, I would ban them then request and extension from a higher up. If they are new, I would have them remove the props then simply help them figure out how the game works. 

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal:  

I would simply review the whole base, since there may be other things the player may not be able to spot from his perspective. I would tell the raider to stop what they are doing if they are still raiding and bring the base owner to the base to tell them what they need to fix based on the rules. If they are having troubles I would help by dropping some dimes of knowledge, and inform them they can visit the motd to review the basing rules. I typically would review the base after it is fixed then tell everyone that they can continue what they were doing before the sit was called. 

You see another staff member abusing their power: 

I would approach them and ask them and ask if they know what they are doing is abuse. If they agree to stop and it wasn’t a big deal I would just keep an eye on them. If they are not willing to stop or if it was a big infraction I would try to take screenshots of what is going on and contact a higher up staff member or two on discord to help stop what is going on before too much damage is done.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: 

As a staff member, you must be professional and keep your composure. I would simply inform them that it isn't cool of them to insult people in-game and to settle down. If it is interfering with the sit I would gag them until the end of the sit. If they continue to excessively do it and are causing problems around the server, I would warn them for it and gag them for a while. 

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

RDM: Random death match. This simply means that someone kills another person without a valid reason or without properly warning beforehand. You can check kill logs, damage logs, and nlrcheck everyone involved in order to help determine what occurred.

RDA:  Random arresting. When someone playing as a police officer arrests someone for no valid reason. You can listen to people's accounts for this situation as well and check logs if you need to in order to see if damage was done, warnings were given, etc. 

Breaking NLR: When someone dies then comes back to the same spot within 5 minutes, or comes back and uses knowledge learned in their "past life". You can do /nlrcheck easily for this. An exception to this is if you are RDMd or if you were killed as part of a hit. 

I was recently demoted because I was inactive for a while due to medical school getting a bit tough. I look forward to coming back and helping the server and everyone who calls it home. I look forward to seeing you guys in-game, hit me up!

Edited by Brumskee
  • Like 1

+1 leaning towards +/-

App has the right answers

Knows rules

Good Past Staff 

Very little in game activity and forums activity since he took a break

Welcome back to the server 🙂

• Like 1

+/-

+Great staff in the past

+Chill guy in discord

+Knows the rules

-As much as I want you back on the staff team I can't look past the fact that you just came back from inactivity. The only reason i'm not -1ing is because you've proven at least to me in the past that you are a great fit for a staff member

Edited by Dildozer♔
  • Like 1

You have no forum activity since December 16th and you only have 2 hours on the server in 2 months

Your app is very slim

I feel like you should've brought your activity up before you reapplied

You seem chill

You're past staff which is good

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Philrat said:

You have no forum activity since December 16th and you only have 2 hours on the server in 2 months

Your app is very slim

You seem chill

I was told by some higher ups that they would like me to reapply now that I am back, I understand the lack of activity is an issue and thanks for your feedback!

16 minutes ago, Brumskee said:

I was told by some higher ups that they would like me to reapply now that I am back, I understand the lack of activity is an issue and thanks for your feedback!

If that's the case it's a +1 from me for the reasons already mentioned 🙂 (Past staff, chill guy)
Welcome back and GL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luciifero said:

If that's the case it's a +1 from me for the reasons already mentioned 🙂 (Past staff, chill guy)
Welcome back and GL

Thanks it is good to be back!

12 hours ago, Dr. Philrat said:

Your app is very slim

You seem chill

I agree with the statements above. Brumskee you were an ok staff member. But you have no activity in-game and out of game like on discord and forums. Also what higher up told you to come back? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tha Boy said:

I agree with the statements above. Brumskee you were an ok staff member. But you have no activity in-game and out of game like on discord and forums. Also what higher up told you to come back? 

Anonymous was one and I can't remember for the life of me who the other person was even though the conversation happened yesterday. You can message him and ask for confirmation of course. 

13 minutes ago, Brumskee said:

Anonymous was one and I can't remember for the life of me who the other person was even though the conversation happened yesterday. You can message him and ask for confirmation of course. 

I want to add something in brumskee talking to higher ups about you losing your rank due to inactivity, you then expressed that you have so much free time as you are on a break from work.The higher up team decided if you wanted to come back to staffing you should have to re apply as we have a new menu and some rules and gain your previous rank back the fair way

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Anonymous Rainbow said:

I want to add something in brumskee talking to higher ups about you losing your rank due to inactivity, you then expressed that you have so much free time as you are on a break from work.The higher up team decided if you wanted to come back to staffing you should have to re apply as we have a new menu and some rules and gain your previous rank back the fair way

Right of course, which is the reason for the application. Thanks for clarifying that dad. 

• Like 2

+/-

yes we said that you would need to re apply but in my opinion I think you should wait a little bit, get your activity back up, learn the new rules and you should be good to go. You have been inactive for quite some time now and I believe you should get back into the swing of things before applying again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

+/-

yes we said that you would need to re apply but in my opinion I think you should wait a little bit, get your activity back up, learn the new rules and you should be good to go. You have been inactive for quite some time now and I believe you should get back into the swing of things before applying again. 

I mean if he gets approved he still needs to go through the gauntlet, i think t-mod stage is adequate for him to get up to date 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:07 AM, Dr. Philrat said:

Your app is very slim

You seem chill

Agreed

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:07 AM, Dr. Philrat said:

Your app is very slim

You seem chill

Agreed -1 

you are probably a cool guy but haven’t been active for a long time and only have been here for like a day. I would wait a little longer as you could go back to being inactive and fall straight back into that place. Just give it time and more effort and I think you can be staff again 

• Like 1

DENIED
Brumskee i know you would like to come back and help but maybe after you become a little more active. Im sure getting up the activity wont bother you but we need to see it
You may re-apply in a week

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1