Brumskee

Dr. Brumskee's Trial-mod Application

• In-Game Name: Dr. Brumskee
  • Timezone: CSD
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80555377
  • Steam Profile (a link): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121376483/
  • Hours on the server: 335
  • Times you're most active: Weekends with some possible during week
  • Why I want/should be a moderator: I am responsible, approachable and knowledgeable of how the server works, and have a lot of prior staff experience on this server.
  • Have you read the rules fully, understand and feel comfortable enforcing them as correctly as possible?: Yes
  • Are you willing to listen to any Staff member chosen to mentor and guide you as a Staff, even if you feel you don't need to?: Yes 
  • Are you certain you will be able to staff for several hours a week?: Yes

Situations:

The server begins to lag and players are complaining about prop spam: 

I would immediately teleport to the person that people are complaining about spamming props or check logs to look for someone that is spawning in a large amount of props in a short period of time. Once I go to this person, I would determine if the person is just spawning in props to just cause lag and try to crash the server or if they are just a new player that does not know how to build whatsoever. Either way, I would demand they immediately remove the props without question and without retaliation. If they do not, I would simply ban them for an appropriate amount of time based on the severity of the offence and past history based on warns. As a trial-mod, this likely means filing for an extension from a higher up so that they can ban the person for the appropriate amount of time. There is often a higher up staff member on discord that could be contacted if an immediate extension is needed in this case. If they are a person that is new to the game and obviously needs help, I would do my best to give them tips and help them figure out how to properly build. Someone who is oblivious to what they are doing should not be punished for trying to RP and contribute to the experience.

You're involved in a sit where a player has said the base he's raiding is illegal:  

I would tell everyone involved to stop what they are doing and take a step back so that I could review the entire base from beginning to the end. If the person does have an illegal part of their base, I would instruct the person to fix what they have wrong with their base that makes it illegal within a reasonable amount of time. In the past I have given people about 5 minutes if it is a minor thing and 10 minutes if it seems like something that would take a bit more time. Either way I would tell them to put up a building sign so they could make the changes they need to without others trying to raid them during the fixes. Once the fixing is done, I would come back and review the base again to determine if they did fix everything and to make sure there is nothing else out of whack. If it is alright, I would give them a warning or punishment based on past warns they have had. At this point I would tell the person originally raiding that they can continue their raid since they now have a base to raid that is fair and not illegal anymore after the fixes are implemented.

You see another staff member abusing their power: 

I would have the staff member come to me so I can talk to them in private or talk to them on discord about what they are doing. I would ask them why they are doing what they are doing and ask if they know what they are doing is against the rules or abuse in general. If it is something that isn’t a big deal and they are willing to understand and stop, it isn’t something that needs to be immediately addressed with higher ups. If it is something that is affecting a lot of players, is a big no no on the server, or is something that has been seen from this staff member before, I would still tell them to not do it like I did in the other situation. This time, however, I would send a message to the super/ senior admins on discord, whichever is higher up than said person about what is happening, so that I can let them know immediately what is occurring. If the person is doing something like trying to mass ban people and other crazy things because they know they are going to be demoted soon, let’s say as an example, that would be an example of something that would cause me to have to ban said person on the spot given I know what is going on. I would of course take screenshots and record what is happening in order to show what is occurring and why I did what I did to prevent more chaos and damage.

A player is extremely uncooperative during a sit and is throwing insults at you: 

Staff members are expected to be able to take a certain level of anger and frustration from players. That is simply part of the job unfortunately. If it is just them being frustrated in general it is not a big deal, but I would tell them to try to relax and keep it down so I could figure out what is going on during the sit. If their behavior starts affecting others in the sit or causing me difficulties with dealing with the sit in general I would gag/mute them so that I can hear others’ stories and come to a decision. If even after the sit they continue to do this and are going a bit far with it I would gag/mute them for a longer period and warn them for it. I would tell them that after that they may get a permanent gag/mute while I am on or even get a short ban if they are clearly just minging with NITRP. If yet again they continue like he was, I would gag/mute him of course but if he starts threatening things like DDOSing the server, I would ban them for as long as I can on the spot and have a higher up permaban them.

A player is excessively RDMing/RDAing and breaking NLR: 

RDM: Random death match. This means that someone kills another person without having a proper reason to do so. These are usually investigated by doing /nlrcheck, listening to people’s stories, and checking logs including damage and death logs. After much investigation you should be able to figure out what is going on and make a decision as to whether RDM has occurred. Punishment at this point is based on the number of times they RDMd and warns for similar things. As with any punishment, a good explanation is necessary in order to make sure the person being punished knows why they are being punished and how to properly behave in the future.

RDA:  Random arresting. This is when an officer arrests a person without having a proper reason for doing so. They way to investigate this is by looking damage, death and arrest logs, listen to people’s accounts of what occurred, and potentially do /nlrcheck if more information is needed about people that may or may not have died. An understanding of the base laws of the server and when and how officers can act on people laws broken is essential, as well as seeing what additional laws are added to the law board and whether a mayor is present. With all of this looked at, if someone was RDAd I would release them if they hadn’t been already. I would punish based on the number of times they RDAd and past warns. If it is just one instance, I would just warn them. If it was multiple times and they have past warns, something more like a ban would be in order. 

Breaking NLR: This is when someone dies and comes back to an area within 5 minutes of dying. This applies almost any time, including during base raids, PD raids for raiders, random exchanges in the streets, etc. This however does not matter when someone is RDMd, you are defending PD as PD, or are a victim of a hit that someone has on you. These are easily investigated by doing /nlrcheck, but if there is a question of ARDM before they died the first time you can of course check damage logs and listen to people’s stories. Breaking NLR X1, just calls for a warn without any warns. If it is apparent this is something they are prone to doing or have any relevant warns, a ban or long jail could be called for depending on how many times they did break NLR.  

Thanks for reading all of this for those who did. I re-applied a little over a week ago and was denied because I needed some time back on the server. I have been on almost every day since then and I am glad to say that I am as committed to the server as ever. I look forward to seeing you all on the server and look forward to see those of you I have yet to see yet since I came back. Thank you for any of the constructive criticism you may have for me!

• Like 1

+/-

Very active.

Never had a problem with him. But the way I'm seeing him act right now isn't what I like to see from a staff member. It might lead to future problems later on.

Applied a week ago, and has proven he is active and committed to the server. 

Edited by Tha Boy
Changed my mind
  • Thanks 1

+1

+ Really Active

+ Great forum Activity

+ He's proven that he really is committed

+ Personally never had an issue

+ Pretty nice app

+ Really great guy

• Thanks 1

After what you did on rakes app I wouldn't trust you as staff, you seem way too power hungry considering you think that everything is your business and that you have a right to know. Also last I remember you weren't a very good staff last time, were very inactive, and didn't really do much when you were on. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ᠌᠌᠌lil wrath said:

last time I saw you on the server you flamed some random calling him a little bitch etc in ooc, absolutely not staff like lol

Lol I was joking home boi but thanks for the reply lol

Just now, Brumskee said:

Lol I was joking home boi but thanks for the reply lol

You definitely were not considering you kept trying to act high and mighty on everyone and then when I said I was going to stop you got upset. 

1 minute ago, Logical® said:

You definitely were not considering you kept trying to act high and mighty on everyone and then when I said I was going to stop you got upset. 

Dude I wasn't talking about that, did you not see who I quoted? Don't come on my app and try to start crap please out of spite. 

Just now, Brumskee said:

Dude I wasn't talking about that, did you not see who I quoted? Don't come on my app and try to start crap please out of spite. 

Jeez my bad I read it wrong but that's exactly what I'm talking about, you sure didn't care about starting crap on other peoples apps lmao

38 minutes ago, Brumskee said:

woah man calm down thats not a way to talk to people on your application

• Thanks 1

HUGE -1 I can see you aren't fit for staff by your replies on here already. Logical is a player and already putting him and lil wrath down. Not a way a staff should act and you aren't fit for it either.

Sorry you guys feel this way, sad people can come and shitpost on people's apps like this and others not realize it

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

Just now, Brumskee said:

Sorry you guys feel this way, sad people can come and shitpost on people's apps like this and others not realize it

jesus man calm down youre acting like we killed your mom

• Angry 1

Just now, sexmasterblack99 said:

jesus man calm down youre acting like we killed your mom

Sorry just care about this. Wouldn't have reapplied if I didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, Brumskee said:

15 minutes ago, Brumskee said:

Sorry just care about this. Wouldn't have reapplied if I didn't. 

You're playing a hard victim card because I read something wrong. Not to mention you keep replying these toxic remarks 

Edited by Logical®

1 minute ago, MoneyMan said:

-You've been pretty toxic towards me

-mingey

Sorry you feel that way, when have I been mingey towards you if you don't mind me asking?

1 minute ago, Brumskee said:

Sorry you feel that way, when have I been mingey towards you if you don't mind me asking?

I dont know the exact time off the top of my head but like walking out of spawn and id be like "hey" and then you like say something rude or like do weird noises into your mic

1 minute ago, MoneyMan said:

I dont know the exact time off the top of my head but like walking out of spawn and id be like "hey" and then you like say something rude or like do weird noises into your mic

Lol I have been having mic issues so that might have been the issue, sorry if there was a misunderstanding

Just now, Brumskee said:

Lol I have been having mic issues so that might have been the issue, sorry if there was a misunderstanding

Being rude isn't a mic issue...

1 minute ago, terrior said:

Being rude isn't a mic issue...

I am very sarcastic in game and I don't act rude so again must have been an understanding sorry

Just now, Brumskee said:

I am very sarcastic in game and I don't act rude so again must have been an understanding sorry

It is an understanding... And being sarcastic to someone you would WORK as staff with and you not saying you are sarcastic and never have spoke to before is kind of yikes. I think you should wait atleast a month to reapply. Your forum activity is sub-par at best, in game activity is good for 1 whole week, most people don't know you that well and you weren't the best staff last time.

2 minutes ago, terrior said:

It is an understanding... And being sarcastic to someone you would WORK as staff with and you not saying you are sarcastic and never have spoke to before is kind of yikes. I think you should wait atleast a month to reapply. Your forum activity is sub-par at best, in game activity is good for 1 whole week, most people don't know you that well and you weren't the best staff last time.

I was an admin and was demoted because they changed the activity requirement without telling me. Thanks for your opinion I appreciate it