Deathie

Last Man Standing (CLOSED)

Last Man Standing: For people who can't afford overpriced BR games.

This is awesome Deathie.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Last Man Standing: For people who can't afford overpriced BR games.

That was sort of the idea.

I wasn't really happy with how some of the other Battle Royale gamemodes functioned, or their presentation. I wanted to make something similar in Gmod, but have it be a little more faster and streamlined.

This is meant to be more arcadey and competitive than other games.

• Like 5

PIGEON RECOMMENDS EVERYONE TRY IT OUT WITH OTHER MEMBERS FOR YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!

flat,800x800,075,f.u5.jpg

This Game-mode approved by Pigeon for lots o fun!

• Like 3

Even though I'm not a competitive type person myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it for the few rounds I played earlier today.

A couple things that I'd like to point out though;

• Weapon spawns seem to be really scarce. Out of the 10 or so rounds I've played, I've only managed to find around 1 to 2 guns per round, and they were usually pistols with a lacking ADS system, which brings me onto my next point...
  • The iron sights of this weapon pack, sorry to say, are pretty bad. Whenever you shoot, your gun shoots up (from the recoil) into your face blocking your entire view for a second or two. This has caused me to die many times, due to my FoV being completed blocked from the ADS and iron sight system. Deathie, pls fix.
  • I find the backpack space to be really small, and I mean REALLY small. The biggest backpack can only hold 5 items, and they are really rare to find. I find this amount of space to be fairly low, same with the smaller backpacks. A little boost in backpack space would do the gamemode greatly in my opinion.

Other than these flaws, this gamemode is very well developed and I see a huge future for the server, since everyone loves their BR games. I hope to see many new updates and fixes for this gamemode in the future, especially the ones I listed above. :)

• Like 2

ok hacks are downloading... striker is the dopest weapon in game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Weapon spawns seem to be really scarce.

Weapon spawn rates scale based on player count. The more players there are, the more loot spawns. Since it was just you and Andy, loot was super scarce.

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The iron sights of this weapon pack, sorry to say, are pretty bad. Whenever you shoot, your gun shoots up (from the recoil) into your face blocking your entire view for a second or two. This has caused me to die many times, due to my FoV being completed blocked from the ADS and iron sight system. Deathie, pls fix.

Yeah, the shooting animation while ironsighted isn't great on a lot of the weapons. It's not really something I can fix without really knowing how to scale the animations. Your spread and recoil don't change whether you're using ADS or not though. I usually just use the crosshair since I'm used to playing CS.

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I find the backpack space to be really small, and I mean REALLY small.

Intentional design decision. You have a separate inventory for ammo, and ammo boxes only take up space in your inventory if you're already full on ammo. Inventory slots are only used up by SPARE equipment, weapons, and medkits. Depending on your backpack, it's really only fesable to carry maybe two weapons at a time.

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Other than these flaws, this gamemode is very well developed and I see a huge future for the server, since everyone loves their BR games. I hope to see many new updates and fixes for this gamemode in the future, especially the ones I listed above. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Name said:

Is there going to be donator packs/will donator from RP transfer to LMS?

There'll be a special rank you can purchase that'll give you access to a chat tag, bonus credits per round, and the ability to use a custom player model through wardrobe.

Ranks won't be linked with the DarkRP server at all.

• Like 1

Nice job Deathie. I've had loads of fun in it so far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingDogeThe3rd said:

Some glitches 

during grace you can be shot and hurt in a vehicle 

the striker doesn't show up when walking on main server

@Deathie 

Yeah, I'll fix the striker sometime later today. No idea why I'm having so much trouble recompiling that model.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deathie said:

Yeah, I'll fix the striker sometime later today. No idea why I'm having so much trouble recompiling that model.

No worries but nice work on what you have done so far ??

On Tuesday, May 15'th, the RetributionRP Last Man Standing server will be taken down.

It'll be exactly one year since the gamemode went live, and I feel like that would be an appropriate time to do so. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it's going offline.

Thank you to the hundreds of users who tried out my little experiment in game design, given me feedback, and helping me have a reason to create and innovate.

• Like 10

Just now, Deathie said:

On Tuesday, April 15'th, the RetributionRP Last Man Standing server will be taken down.

It'll be exactly one year since the gamemode went live, and I feel like that would be an appropriate time to do so. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it's going offline.

Thank you to the hundreds of users who tried out my little experiment in game design, given me feedback, and helping me have a reason to create and innovate.

>:(

also it's may niggy

Edited by Emily

18 hours ago, Deathie said:

On Tuesday, April 15'th, the RetributionRP Last Man Standing server will be taken down.

:pepehands:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Emily said:

>:(

also it's may niggy

wtf im trippin

may 15'th

• Like 4
  • Haha 1